Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was "lurking" over in MO. The difference between here and there is amazing. The vibe is really almost negative over there. I am not sure who the people are and maybe it is in the editing that makes everyone seem jaded and condesending. I am so glad I found this list instead. You all are extremely friendly, helpfull and just plain nice. I don't understand the point of a forum where you can't say what is on your mind. I just don't get it. Ok done rambling, trying to find something to do while my hubby and Tunder bond. They are watching K1, how exciting huh?

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Triste@Apr 5 2005, 08:47 PM
  We like our comfy home. It's getting even worse over there... :eek:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=49437
[/QUOTE]

:eek: Worse?! It was BAD when I left several months ago!!!! :eek: I may have to go lurk just to see how bad it is!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Triste@Apr 5 2005, 08:58 PM
traci, find some of the deleted posts..the snide comments they leave behind are just...aweful.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=49442
[/QUOTE]

:eek: They leave a comment? They used to just NOT post it and leave you wondering...hmmm....that has gotten my curiosity up!
Does he get anything for us LURKING? Does he get perks from us just visiting?

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If it is only one person leaving the remarks he is not a very nice person. The others will rip someone apart for not knowing. Silly me, I thought this was a place to ask the questions you didn't know the answer to. Not be torn to shreds for it. And you are right the comments he leaves are very nasty.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Certain threads are staying up that aren't on topic of asking questions about Maltese but others are deleted. I am sorry, but I know a few here post over there yet...but I do see favoritism going on over there. I know from personal experience that when one DOES have trouble and tries to email the moderator/tech help....I NEVER got an answer back. NEVER! I tried two or three times to post my dog's pic and was having tech. troubles and was "banned" from posting pics b/c I "couldn't follow the rules" ..umm, so I can't make mistakes in order to find out the proper way to post the pics? Even with the instructions, my computer wouldn't cooperate. It's ridiculous that I was banned from pic posting b/c I was struggling. So...if you are tech savvy, you don't belong there?

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Originally posted by Triste@Apr 5 2005, 10:45 PM
Certain threads are staying up that aren't on topic of asking questions about Maltese but others are deleted. I am sorry, but I know a few here post over there yet...but I do see favoritism going on over there. I know from personal experience that when one DOES have trouble and tries to email the moderator/tech help....I NEVER got an answer back. NEVER! I tried two or three times to post my dog's pic and was having tech. troubles and was "banned" from posting pics b/c I "couldn't follow the rules" ..umm, so I can't make mistakes in order to find out the proper way to post the pics? Even with the instructions, my computer wouldn't cooperate. It's ridiculous that I was banned from pic posting b/c I was struggling. So...if you are tech savvy, you don't belong there? 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=49476
[/QUOTE]

oh my gosh they kicked you off for your pick being too large ?
they are so horible.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Originally posted by Triste@Apr 5 2005, 09:45 PM

[/QUOTE]
I was NEVER able to post a pic. many times I asked for help and got no response either.I think I posted once or maybe twice.But after seeing how that site was run and the responces to questions,i knew that was not the place for me. I LOVE LOVE LOVE SM
It is a family here!

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Oh my gosh. I just went over there to see how bad it has gotten . Boy are they tripping. My Gosh they love the power. They have locked some thread with comment like ' look and you will find" or free advertising is not permitted but paid is encurage"
or your topic had noting to do with a maltese DELETED.

So rude , they are so rude... they should just call it " The Rude forum"

·
Registered
48 Posts
Believe me don't even try to say something encouraging or nice they just say your comment is off topic and delete it. How disgusting!!! For them to decide what should or should not be said especially if its nice. Unbelievable!!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Just forget they ever existed. You totally got the last laugh by coming here, BELIEVE ME! The MOD'S HATE JOE and SM! LOL

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
i was going thru my bookmarked sites this evening, and saw one of the threads there that had about 10-15 "post removed...not on topic....not related to topic...removed because we dont like other people being rude and condescending---but WE CAN BE!" or whatever they say. i was actually quite saddened to see how the tone of that site has become so negative. i used to enjoy it and many of the regulars there. most of the ones i enjoyed are now over here now, so i deleted MO from my faves. it's just a downer to read anything over there anymore, you know? hadnt been over there in a while, glad to see i'm not missing anything LOL

ann marie and the "shiny happy people" buttercup

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
Originally posted by sheila2182+Apr 5 2005, 10:06 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Triste
@Apr 5 2005, 09:45 PM

I was NEVER able to post a pic. many times I asked for help and got no response either.I think I posted once or maybe twice.But after seeing how that site was run and the responces to questions,i knew that was not the place for me. I LOVE LOVE LOVE SM
It is a family here!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=49490
[/B][/QUOTE]
Just a little information for those of you who may not know, but when you post a picture over there it becomes HIS property! That's right! Somewhere (neatly hidden) he wrote it into a disclaimer. So he claims the right to the photos that you took and posted as his own to do whatever he wants with them! Therefore he has the ability to make money off of your picture--can you believe that????

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This is a very naughty thing to say but hey... From all said about him he reminds me of a lil 4'9 man who must make others feel inferior. When we were first married my husband and I had a landlord like that. It was too funny to see him strut around but the min... my hubby stood he is like 6'3 and said somthing back the guy crumbled....Little man's syndrome.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Originally posted by dhodina@Apr 6 2005, 07:14 AM
This is a very naughty thing to say but hey... From all said about him he reminds me of a lil 4'9 man who must make others feel inferior.  When we were first married my husband and I had a landlord like that.  It was too funny to see him strut around but the min... my hubby stood he is like 6'3 and said somthing back the guy crumbled....Little man's syndrome.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=49554
[/QUOTE]

I've heard him referred to as being like the Wizard of Oz - a lot of bluff and booming noise, but pretty disappointing when the curtain comes down and you see him in person........!

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
I have to confess - I lurked on both sites since January before getting our puppy, just trying to be prepared. I never even once entertained the idea of joining that site because I would be too afraid to ask a question! The other day I lurked on their site and someone had asked a question and they responded that the topic had already been discussed in the past and to look it up! Would it have hurt for someone to answer this poor person's question?!

I wanted a site I was comfortable with because I am as new to this as they come! Never owned an inside dog before now and never owned a Maltese!! And neither have any of my family members! They just about fainted when I got Abbey because they know what a neat freak my husband and I are! That's why it had to be a Maltese - no shedding (I hope), or dander. Plus, they're just so darn cute!!!

I think the people on this site are great!!
And you have helped us out more than you'll ever know!! Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Abbey@Apr 6 2005, 12:04 PM
I have to confess - I lurked on both sites since January before getting our puppy, just trying to be prepared.  I never even once entertained the idea of joining that site because I would be too afraid to ask a question!  The other day I lurked on their site and someone had asked a question and they responded that the topic had already been discussed in the past and to look it up!  Would it have hurt for someone to answer this poor person's question?! 

I wanted a site I was comfortable with because I am as new to this as they come!  Never owned an inside dog before now and never owned a Maltese!!  And neither have any of my family members!  They just about fainted when I got Abbey because they know what a neat freak my husband and I are!  That's why it had to be a Maltese - no shedding (I hope), or dander.  Plus, they're just so darn cute!!!

I think the people on this site are great!!
And you have helped us out more than you'll ever know!!  Thanks!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=49650
[/QUOTE]

That picture of your baby is just about the cutest thing... you should enter it in a contest... I love her little scarf... oh what a doll.....!!!!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.