Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband had to have a printer to take on an extended business trip so I bought a photo-printer with a 48 bit scanner. It works just fine as a document printer but OMG! it is sooo much fun to put my Smartmedia card in the slot on the printer and view the photos on the pop-up color viewer then select the photo I want to print and..............print it!

Pico's scrapbook is going to be huge now. While a photo printer is not really cost efficient it is such a fun way to take photos and be able to print them immediately and send them to friends, etc. My husband took it with him, of course, but as soom as he returns I get custody again.

The one I got was $158 but the same brand had another with a lower dpi scanner for $78. I got the upgraded model because I can also use it to print the logo ads I put on our hotel kiosks. (see www.askjose.net if you want to see what we do)

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I got a photo printer and a digital camera for my last b day, and man!!!! Pictures of Peanut everywhere!! I've been wanting to start a scrapbook. I have a tooth, hair from his first hair cut, and his first harness (it's a ferret harness) he used to be sooo tiny! Have fun!!!!!!!
I love the little screen to see the pics. Makes things so much faster.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by littlepeanut@Feb 24 2005, 10:07 AM
I got a photo printer and a digital camera for my last b day, and man!!!!  Pictures of Peanut everywhere!!  I've been wanting to start a scrapbook.  I have a tooth, hair from his first hair cut, and his first harness (it's a ferret harness) he used to be sooo tiny!  Have fun!!!!!!!
  I love the little screen to see the pics.  Makes things so much faster.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=37386
[/QUOTE]

Which photo printer do you have? I was thinking about one....

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got the HP at Sam's Club. There are also Epson and Lexmark photo printers. If I'd had more time I would have checked with PC Magazine, consumers reports, etc. before purchasing but I had little advance notice on this one.

I have several HP's and have found them to be extremely reliable, easy to use and durable with excellent print quality.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom+Feb 24 2005, 11:12 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-littlepeanut
@Feb 24 2005, 10:07 AM
I got a photo printer and a digital camera for my last b day, and man!!!!  Pictures of Peanut everywhere!!  I've been wanting to start a scrapbook.  I have a tooth, hair from his first hair cut, and his first harness (it's a ferret harness) he used to be sooo tiny!  Have fun!!!!!!!
  I love the little screen to see the pics.  Makes things so much faster.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=37386
Which photo printer do you have? I was thinking about one....
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=37414
[/B][/QUOTE]
I have the Epson Stylus Photo R300. It was part of a gift and I'm not 100% sure of the price but I think it was close to $200 last May. Mine does not have the little screen to see the pictures, my bf's does, so I'll try to get the model # of his, the screen on mine just shows messages and options. You don't even need to have it connected to a computer to print pictures. I really like to quality of mine, but it is just a printer, no scanner or copier. It uses individual ink cartridges, so when one color runs out you can just replace the one, which is good for me because when I work from home I use up a lot of blue. It also has a USB right in front so you can connect your camera, and it has slots for different sized memory cards. It prints 'index' sheets which are thumbnails of all your pics. Even 8x10 pics come out looking like professional quality. I haven't had any problem with color running or fading.

Sorry I rambled
IMO it's a good printer, but I'm sure there are others that are even better. If you have more questions about it, just ask :D

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
I have a canon i560 and it does a great job, plus it was $100! but like pico's parent says it's not cost effient, but very convenient. I print out my portfolie prints at home, but send my bulk prints to ezprints.com

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I was thinking of getting a colour printer too, but we also need it for everyday printing.
We had and espon before and the prints were really good quality.
My husband paints art and i have my own business as well.
We need a printer were we can scan his paitings and print them in photo quality.
I have not had a chance to do my home work , but from the reviews given here I think I 'm leaning towards the epson , or HP.
We already have a scanner but i don't mind getting the all in one kind printer to free up some space in the home.

We also bought two new phones as our old ones died . We went to the store and I gave the sales person a list of what we required.
Intercome,pager, 30 name memory,call display, speaker on base and phone,mute , must be 5.8 cordless and backup battery,just to mention a few.
He had this socked look on his face and then he said oh there is one that has everything you are looking for Panisonic Kx-tG5240M 5.8 GHZ cordless. I'm just waiting for it to arrive. It espand up to 4 phones and there is one that also comes with a fax macine.

·
Registered
416 Posts
lemme see... I have an hpdeskjet 960c on my right and a hp photosmart 133 on my life that prints boarderless 4x6's

personally I'd rather print my own pictures than take them to somewhere else to have them done.... but thats just me. an both of my printers are mac friendly

we have a laser printer for documents an stuff

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
a 2mega pixel cam can print a 4x6 wonderfully...my mom has a 1.2 megapixel cam that prints 4x6 great..u prob can print 5x7 fine too.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
We have an Epson Stylus CX6400....I really don't know how much it cost then...probably 250 or so?
Hubby really went and picked it out for me, he said the guy at Best Buy helped him...I wish he had held out and gone to Sam's, but, oh well!
We got it Christmas before last...I LOVE it! It is a printer, copier, scanner. It takes all the media cards, but does not have a little screen, ya gotta use the computer screen...I honestly don't use that media port, I use another card holder thing that attaches to a USB port. Anyway, the ink is quite expensive. Four cartridges...if I replace them all, it is almost 100.00!
So, we don't do ALOT of photo printing from it..but when we do, the pictures come out GREAT!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, the 2.1 Megapixel photos come out just great! Even in 8 X 10. My camera is an older 2.1 mg model and I just can't justify a new one when this one takes such good shots.

Also, I refilled my black cartridge recently at Inksell for $16. Haven't had to use it yet but I am definitely going to go the refill route. I spoke with a couple outside the store before I went in (they had 2 Westies in their SUV and I had to stop and talk) and they had been using Inksell for a while and were very happy with the results.

I don't remember what it was to refill color but if black is 1/2 the price I'm sure color is too.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
thats sooo cool. you're gonna have to put pics of the scrapbook up! i love stampin' up stuff. have you seen it? i've been going to classes to make homemade cards. its cool.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My granddaughter was supposed to come down from Dallas this weekend to get me started on Pico's scrapbook but that got cancelled. I gave her the scrapbooking set I had purchased several years ago and never used and now she is the scrapbooker in the family. There is a store near her that has classes and you can also use their workroom at no charge, including cutters and various tools. She loves that more than being a mall rat with her friends. Yaaaay!

Plus I don't know how to post pictures since I don't have a website......??????

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
photbucketYou dont have to have a web page. This site is free and i find very user friendly .Someone here told me about it.Its very easy to use.Then you just addd pics from your putter .

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
You can also use Imageshack. That is what I use. It is free and simple...

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ohmigosh, I can't wait! I wanted to post pictures soooo many times but didn't know how. Thanks!

Now that I think about it, I am a bit leery of free sites. Do you get spyware or anything from these sites? I use my Spyware Blaster, Adaware and Spybot Search and Destroy regularly but I am very cautious about web sites.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Originally posted by Pico's Parent@Feb 27 2005, 12:26 PM
Ohmigosh, I can't wait!  I wanted to post pictures soooo many times but didn't know how.  Thanks!

Now that I think about it, I am a bit leery of free sites.  Do you get spyware or anything from these sites?  I use my Spyware Blaster, Adaware and Spybot Search and Destroy regularly but I am very cautious about web sites.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=38150
[/QUOTE]
Ive never had a problem with spyware with this site.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by sheila2182+Feb 27 2005, 12:30 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Pico's Parent
@Feb 27 2005, 12:26 PM
Ohmigosh, I can't wait!  I wanted to post pictures soooo many times but didn't know how.  Thanks!

Now that I think about it, I am a bit leery of free sites.  Do you get spyware or anything from these sites?  I use my Spyware Blaster, Adaware and Spybot Search and Destroy regularly but I am very cautious about web sites.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=38150
Ive never had a problem with spyware with this site.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=38151
[/B][/QUOTE]

Me either

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
I believe Joe mentioned once before that there was no spyware here. I use 3 spyware removal programs and I've never seen the SM name on any when they come up for removal. I think we're very safe here!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts