Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious, does anyone have small children at home also?

I have a 7 yr. old daughter and 8 yr. old twins (boy/girl). They were ages 3 and 4 when we brought our maltese home.

When I realized that my oldest were starting school in the fall and my youngest was getting a little more independent, I knew I was ready for a lap dog again. Angel was also my daughter's best friend for the year that she was home with me, while the other two were in school.

Kristy

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I have a seven year old son and a four year old daughter. (very mature 4)
They are great with our new pup. Had to go over some rules that were different than the cats, but they have been wonderful.

·
Registered
400 Posts
My friend has a young girl (9 years old) that comes over to my house a lot. She is very gentle with Casper, and is pretty mature for her age. She always sits down to pet him and brings her dog, a miniture dochsand(spelling?) along sometimes. Casper wants to play with her dog so bad, but her dog just walks away!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i've already decided that im not going to have human babies. i love sprite, ellie, and gruffi too much to do that to them. lol. and also---i dont like kids.

my neices, 3 and 5 yrs old, come over all the time and play with the dogs. they know how to pet them soft. its cute because sprite really likes to lick. and the 3 yr old was on my bed, and sprite started licking her hand. when she was done licking, kayla gave sprite her other hand. when sprite was done licking that, i told kayla to give sprite her feet to lick. it was really cute and kayla really liked that "shower". lol.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Well we dont have any kids yet, do plan on having some in the future...but thats gonna be quite a while from now, considering I'm only 21 and just about to graduate college
. Caesar is our lil' baby for the time being.
My husband's only sibling is 18 years younger than him, she is 6. She is around Caesar a lot and really good with him. She loves saying "Give Aunt Ashlee a kiss." Thats her favorite game (Caesar knows the word kiss). My father in law's girlfriend also has a young child, who is 2 and he also loves to pet Caesar. The kids are good with Caesar and Caesar is great with them. :D

·
Registered
831 Posts
No kids yet. Have not planned for any yet.

I have a little sister she is 7 yrs old and she is really good with Daezie and Maya.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
The only kids in our house are me and my husband :lol: Tuffy hasn't really had a lot of exposure to kids because none of our friends have kids... We did take Tuffy down to this custard place that has outdoor seating and a few kids have come over to pet him.. of course I had him on a short leash just in case and told the kids to be extra gentle. Tuffy handled it like a champ, but he likes to nip so I was a little edgy about the whole thing, but he didn't bite or nip any of them.

i've already decided that im not going to have human babies. i love sprite, ellie, and gruffi too much to do that to them. lol. and also---i dont like kids.[/B]
That's us too.. no human babies for us. I've never been too good around kids so Tuffy is going to be our kiddo. It's actually been awesome having Tuffy because whenever anyone starts to say, "why haven't you started trying to have kids", we just tell them that we already have a very spoiled boy and he's going to be an only child :lol:

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
mystify....i do that too. lol. i call sprite my daughter, gruffi and ellie are my nephew and niece. lol.
gruffi and ellie know me as "aunt cathy" and sprite knows my sister as "aunt cynthia". my mom is "grandma" and my grandma is "great grandma".
everyone thinks we're crazy. but, i dont know, kids are just a pain in the butt. and they cry. and i dont like kids...especially when they cry. or when they whine. sprite cries and whines.....but thats cute, you know? i wish they lived like 40-50 yrs. wouldnt that be awesome.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
We have a 12 year old son, he is awesome, dont think we will have anymore, but we are only 32 so who knows :wacko: but I doubt it, probably just more maltese :D

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
We only have our two Maltese. We are trying for our first, but we're not having any luck so far. 29 and 27, so we have some time.. but we are starting to get impatient. Our mothers are both way past impatient.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts