Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! My name is Marj. I am mom to Lady. Some of you "know" me from other forums, I think.

For those who don't, Lady is my first Maltese, adopted 4&1/2 years ago after her first mom moved away and left her tied to a tree without food or water for 4 days before she was rescued. She had her first seizure a couple of days after I adopted her so we guess her so-called mom didn't want to deal with them. My neighbor who rescued her had known Lady since puppyhood and she had always been healthy in her first 4&1/2 years, but she is most likely a pet shop/puppy mill pup who was a ticking genetic timebomb waiting to go off. First, the epilepsy, then a year and 1/2 later, diabetes. But she is doing great despite all this and I wouldn't trade her for any other Malt on earth!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Marj, Welcome... welcome!! So glad you joined us. You'll love it here!

Lady is so lucky to have found you... Glad she is doing OK despite her medical issues.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Hi and welcome! Lady is just beautiful and very lucky indeed!
I love the stories of the pups that have been rescued and have much appreciation for those of you that give these little ones so much love and attention when no one else would.

Judi

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
hi, im glad the story about lady turned out to be a happy ending.
she is soo lucky to have you.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
She's a lucky Lady to have a mom like you. Why couldnt her previous mom just put her at a shelter!
. Why did she just leave her there to DIE! SO ANGRY! I don't understand what type of person you are to buy/adopt a dog, then leave it tied to a tree? Are they crazy!?!?!?

Anyway. Warm welcomes to you and your baby. I hope you enjoy this forum like we do
. I'm glad Lady is doing great! Much
to her

·
Registered
499 Posts
Welcome, Marj!
I remember you from other forums, so glad Lady is still doing well. I just joined myself, but this seems like a friendly and active forum
Quincymom

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Hi Marj...
..see you made it! LOL
I just love thet photo of Lady.... though the one in her swimsuit is so precious..!! you'll have to share that one too...when you have the time!
I'm still finding my way around ...( in between work!... which keeps interrupting my 'fun time!")..
Terry and Missy

·
Registered
831 Posts
Welcome to the forum you will really enjoy it here. :D

Lady a beautiful girl. Glad to hear she is doing well. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts