Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My grandma has been admitted to the hospital. Today is her birthday (81) and she was getting her hair done and she passed out. When the parametics got there she started throwing up and there was blood in it. She refused to go to the hospital but her blood pressure started to drop so they told her she had to. I guess earlier in the day she had some tightness in her chest. They aren't sure what is going on. My mom said they were checking her into the hospital. She is going to call me when they know more. I told her if it is serious to let me know and I would come home.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Oh my gosh! I am sorry to hear this!

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
hmm, if it were my grandma and I lived close enough, I'd make a trip to see her anyway. I don't like livin' w/ regrets when it comes to family.

I hope she is ok...prayers to your family

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My mom was telling me taht as they were putting my grandma in the ambulence (i can't spell) she was complaining because her hair was still wet. She is one of those lady't that is very particular about her hair. She puts it in rollers at night and wraps tp around it. They thought it was kind of funny that even when she feels like crap she thinks about her hair.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
awww man... my heart and prayers goes out to you. Your mom going with her to the hospital?? Our mistake was not going with our great aunt... she ended up dying in the emergancy department and we didnt find out until 2hrs later.
Not that your grandmother is going to die! :eek: I'm just worried!!!!

saying a prayer right now... -_-

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Kodie@Apr 12 2005, 02:14 PM
awww man... my heart and prayers goes out to you.  Your mom going with her to the hospital??  Our mistake was not going with our great aunt... she ended up dying in the emergancy department and we didnt find out until 2hrs later. 
  Not that your grandmother is going to die! :eek:  I'm just worried!!!!

saying a prayer right now...  -_-
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=51926
[/QUOTE]

My mom and 3 uncles, aunts, dad and cousins are all there. Right now they are doing some tests. If it is life threatening I will head home ASAP. I'm 3 hours away though.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Thank goodness that you are pretty close. Hope all is OK with your Grandmother.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Kristi,All or prayers anf hearfelt thoughts are comeing your way.Please keep us posted and drive safe if you make the trip.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I talked to my mom at 2:30 and they had just taken my grandma done for an ultra-sound. She is going to let me know when they hear something.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
She is now in her hospital room. They are still doing tests and waiting for the results. My mom says they still have not seen a doctor, besides the emergancy room doc. It sounds like she is in stable right now. So there is no reason for me to head home tonight. Hopefully they will know more in the next few hours.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts