Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm trying to let Deni's coat grow out long...not show length long, but "long enough." If I feel the long coat is too much work, I'll give her a puppy cut, but for now I'd like to see it long. My question is, what do you do with the topknot hair if you can't get it to stay up? I don't want to cut it, and I do occassionally put it up, but especially after I give her a bath at night I don't want to put it in a topknot over night.
Here's a pic of what she typically looks like after a bath...

Once she gets up and moving around, all the hair on top of her head goes into her face. Her hair is too fine to keep a barrette in it with out a band. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
We've been trying top knots out on Tic, he's still getting used to having the elastic in his hair. It was hard to keep it in for more than an hour the first time I tried. He would paw at it and flip over on the carpet to try to rub it out. It's been a couple of weeks and he's getting better, but he still messes with it sometimes.

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
I loosely put a very lightweight band in and as soon as I put them down from the grooming table I get out the best toy and treats and we play, play, play. The distraction is usually enough for them to leave it for a while and not bother it. Usually within a week or so it is routine.

·
Registered
90 Posts
when I started putting topknots in Lilly I would put them in when she was asleep or just laying really relaxed on my lap. I didn't worry if I got all the hair in or if it looked perfect as I was doing it to get her used to it. I also used the baby hair bands that were soft and didn't pull so much and that seemed to help now she will leave them in but in the beginning that was the only way and by the time she woke up she didn't really realize right away it was even there.
just a thought

·
Registered
841 Posts
Originally posted by mousern@May 10 2005, 05:49 PM
Well, I'm trying to let Deni's coat grow out long...not show length long, but "long enough." If I feel the long coat is too much work, I'll give her a puppy cut, but for now I'd like to see it long. My question is, what do you do with the topknot hair if you can't get it to stay up? I don't want to cut it, and I do occassionally put it up, but especially after I give her a bath at night I don't want to put it in a topknot over night.
Here's a pic of what she typically looks like after a bath...

Once she gets up and moving around, all the hair on top of her head goes into her face. Her hair is too fine to keep a barrette in it with out a band. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=61468
[/QUOTE]
:eek: Oh my gosh Deni looks so much like our Summer her hair is down alot to hates her hair up She fights me so much to brush her head

·
Registered
116 Posts
My girls are getting pretty good with staying still long enough for me to get the top knot in but after that, its a race to see who can get theirs out first. Sometimes they even help each other pull them out! As soon as they get them out, i put them right back in. After a while, they give up and leave it alone (at least for that day anyway). :D

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
When I first starting putting them in I wasnt even pulling the hair could of his face I haveput a rubber band around whatever hair on top of his head was long enough so he would get used to it. He would usually pull it like half way out but I just left it in until I put in a new one and eventully he stopped caring they were in so I started making thne look nice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts