Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone, I'm so excited!!! Just received a photo of my fur-baby from Bonnie Palmer! She looks so sweet, I have to name her "Sugar!" I'm traveling to West Palm Beach to pick her up in early July and can barely wait. I don't have any children, but wonder if this is what pending motherhood feels like. I'm happy and nervous at the same time. Any suggestions on best food for maltese pups? Is a water bottle really better than a water dish? So many questions. I want to make sure I do everything right for her!

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Oh, sooo cute!! How exciting for you! She is adorable 💕
Regarding bottles, my girls came to me on bottles but I personally think they can not get enough to drink from them. Those spouts have a ball in them that seemed to get stuck and then don’t allow water to flow freely. I tried many different ones and after a month, they were useless. That being said, Paulann, Abella’s mom uses one and loves it. Hopefully she sees your post and chimes in.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Oh my goodness! Super sweet! Happy Puppy!what a face! I only use a bottle recently when he got older to make sure he has enough water. I leave lots of water bowls around the house so he doesn’t have to walk to far to get it. Good Luck and Enjoy your New Baby Sugar!!

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
She is so adorable! She looks so happy!
You must be so excited.
For food, my love Stella & Chewy’s. I also give them Honest Kitchen and some home cooking. You will want to find out what she is eating and switch her over to the food of your choice gradually so that her tummy is okay.
I think that the best way to make the time go by while you wait is to shop for her - toys, bed, crate. So happy for you!

·
Super Moderator
Walter & Casper with Lucky (forever in my heart).
9,940 Posts
Ohh she is adorable

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh, sooo cute!! How exciting for you! She is adorable 💕
Regarding bottles, my girls came to me on bottles but I personally think they can not get enough to drink from them. Those spouts have a ball in them that seemed to get stuck and then don’t allow water to flow freely. I tried many different ones and after a month, they were useless. That being said, Paulann, Abella’s mom uses one and loves it. Hopefully she sees your post and chimes in.
Thanks for sharing this. I willbe sure to monitor.

·
Premium Member
20,063 Posts
Oh boy, I know the excitement of this time for you!! I have a 7 month old Angel from Bonnie 😍 (and recently lost a 12 year old from her 😢) They are the best. Bonnie will send you home with a supply of food to get you home and I'd try to find that same food (if you can) at least for a little while until your pup becomes acclimated. Then you can switch slowly to something else.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Everyone, I'm so excited!!! Just received a photo of my fur-baby from Bonnie Palmer! She looks so sweet, I have to name her "Sugar!" I'm traveling to West Palm Beach to pick her up in early July and can barely wait. I don't have any children, but wonder if this is what pending motherhood feels like. I'm happy and nervous at the same time. Any suggestions on best food for maltese pups? Is a water bottle really better than a water dish? So many questions. I want to make sure I do everything right for her!
View attachment 275597
beautiful girl!!!

·
Registered
17,045 Posts
Your baby is adorable. Bonnie is a great breeder. Congratulations!

·
Registered
23 Posts
How adorable! I am so excited for you. My Maltese, Finn, will be two in August. I have used a bottle on the crate with him almost the entire time and have had no problems with it. I feel it keeps his face dry and gives him fewer problems with tear staining. Each dog is different, I think.😊

·
Registered
16 Posts
View attachment 275597

·
Registered
16 Posts
She is a Beauty and love her name. Sugar will be as nervous as you are for the first couple of days.
My holistic pet store got me started on Raw Goats Milk for dogs and a Freezed Dried dog food. My "twin" pups are almost 6 yrs old with beautiful coats and no health issues. BPA free baby rings are a great teething toy when frozen in the freezer. Enjoy your new pup - Maltese dogs are the best.🥰🐾🐾

1 - 18 of 18 Posts