Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on Chulita this weekend.
I bought the Day to Day Moisturizing Shampoo, Day to Day Conditioner, Ice on Ice, Show Off, Slik Spirits and the 27mm oval Gold Pin Brush.

Did I forget anything??? LOL

Chulita is due for a bath this weekend so I can't wait to use all my new stuff. Anyone ever used the SHOW OFF??? Do you use that in-between baths like to clean around the face feet??? etc. The the the Pins on the pin brush are kind of LONG?? I think I should of gone with th 20mm??

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can exchange the brush.[/B]

I guess I can. I may have too...her hair is not THAT long. Which brush do you suggest?? The 20mm??

Have you ever used the SHOW OFF stuff from CC? It seems to be a no rinse shampoo type of thing? First time using any of these products or any kind of Pet Products...so I just want to make sure I'm not getting anything that is no necessary. I also got the Liquid Silk??

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
the buttercup has enjoyed her baths with CC products, though we have never tried Show Off. we use the Day to Day and White on White, and i dont use the Ice on Ice as much as I thought I would, but it comes in handy for rubberbanding her pigtails
i tried a waterless shampoo-type product a couple of years ago and wasnt completely thrilled with it, but that's not to say it wont work for you. apparently many people like it, i just happened to be one that didnt. LOL. besides, for buttercup, a bath isnt a bath unless she can stick her head DIRECTLY under the faucet.... (she's no Mensa candidate, but she's pretty!)

ann marie and the "hey! i heard that!" buttercup

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the buttercup has enjoyed her baths with CC products, though we have never tried Show Off. we use the Day to Day and White on White, and i dont use the Ice on Ice as much as I thought I would, but it comes in handy for rubberbanding her pigtails
i tried a waterless shampoo-type product a couple of years ago and wasnt completely thrilled with it, but that's not to say it wont work for you. apparently many people like it, i just happened to be one that didnt. LOL. besides, for buttercup, a bath isnt a bath unless she can stick her head DIRECTLY under the faucet.... (she's no Mensa candidate, but she's pretty!)

ann marie and the "hey! i heard that!" buttercup[/B]

Hmmmmmmmm.....I'm starting to wonder if I should send it back.

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
I have been using the Ice on Ice. It seems to me that Paris' hair gets stringy when using this. Is it something I'm doing wrong or is this something with the product? I just use a light spraying.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As usual, I am only too happy to help you spend your paycheck![/B]

You are too much

Did you ever try the Show Off or now someone that did? I have it here under my desk...and now I think I should send it back before even trying it along with the 27mm brush.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I have been using the Ice on Ice. It seems to me that Paris' hair gets stringy when using this. Is it something I'm doing wrong or is this something with the product? I just use a light spraying.[/B]
i mostly use it to coat rubberbands for pigtails. when using it for removing mats or after bath use, i dont spray the coat directly, i spray the brush or the comb. it's as effective as i need it to be, and not leaving the stringy after-effect that you're experiencing (which i got the first few times i used it too). i've also had much success spraying it into the palm of one hand, rubbing both hands together, and "fluffing" buttercup's hair. kind of like a people-hairdresser does when they put all that crap in your hair that you would never use when doing your hair yourself LOL.

hope this helps?

ann marie and the "it's time to chop the pigtail when i start eating it during dinner..." buttercup

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I love proline's self rinse!! I just ordered a Chris Buttercomb...I decided to wait on the brush...couldn't convince myself to spend that much on just a brush and a comb, especially now that xmas shopping has come. Marj has tempted me to spend $$ way too many times

Let us know how you like everything

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well the brush is just too big. It's really the bristles that are TOO LONG so that will be going back and I will exchange it for a 20mm. The Show Off....I didn't really use because I see the everyone likes the Proline. So I think I will send the Show off back with the brush. Chulita is due for a bath this weekend and that is when I will use the Day to Day Shampoo and Conditioner so I guess I will let everyone know how that works out for us. I have been taking her a bath with Baby Shampoo and Fiense (sp) conditioner. I don't take her bath every week so I don't think the Baby Shampoo did any damage. But I will say using both those products that she FLUFFS up sooooooooooo much. But I will no longer be using those now that I got my CC Products.

I did try the Ice on Ice. I sprayed it really far away from her because I was concerned that I would DRENCH her with it if I sprayed it too close.
LOL I have nothing negative to say about it. I will keep using it AFTER SHE IS CLEAN and see what happens.

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
I have been using the Ice on Ice. It seems to me that Paris' hair gets stringy when using this. Is it something I'm doing wrong or is this something with the product? I just use a light spraying.[/B]
i mostly use it to coat rubberbands for pigtails. when using it for removing mats or after bath use, i dont spray the coat directly, i spray the brush or the comb. it's as effective as i need it to be, and not leaving the stringy after-effect that you're experiencing (which i got the first few times i used it too). i've also had much success spraying it into the palm of one hand, rubbing both hands together, and "fluffing" buttercup's hair. kind of like a people-hairdresser does when they put all that crap in your hair that you would never use when doing your hair yourself LOL.

hope this helps?

ann marie and the "it's time to chop the pigtail when i start eating it during dinner..." buttercup
[/B]
Thanks...I thought about spraying some in my hands this morning but didn't. I will try that tonight.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
You SPRAY Ice on Ice on the rubberbands? What does that do?????

Yea..I know..I'm a dummy but I had to ask!!
[/B]
no! you're not a dummy at all! i use the ice on ice or any other conditioner to soak the bands to enable easier band removal. if the bands are on a ribbon that you dont want to clip, it helps keep the bands from drying out and snapping; thus, helping your bands last longer

hope that helps clear things up LOL

ann marie and the "no dummies here! unless you are a boy who will remain nameless (but lives with us) who mailed an empty envelope to the bank..." buttercup

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
ann marie and the "no dummies here! unless you are a boy who will remain nameless (but lives with us) who mailed an empty envelope to the bank..." buttercup[/B]
HMmmmmmmmm ,is that kinda like mailing a bill with the address part facing the wrong way and havin to unstick the envelope to get it out & put it the right way Sheila

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
ann marie and the "no dummies here! unless you are a boy who will remain nameless (but lives with us) who mailed an empty envelope to the bank..." buttercup[/B]
HMmmmmmmmm ,is that kinda like mailing a bill with the address part facing the wrong way and havin to unstick the envelope to get it out & put it the right way Sheila

[/B]
that's exactly what it's like. except he didnt even bother to put the bill OR the check in it.... boys are dumb.

ann marie and the "girls rule!" buttercup

1 - 20 of 22 Posts