Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI everyone, id like to share something that happend to me yesterday. I will try to make this short
Ok my son and i went to Carls jr to eat, when we were leaving i saw this big dog outside waiting for his owner, there was a shopping cart near him as well, the owner brought him a cup with water and the dog was drinking from it, and this was a big dog like a german shepard mix. So i got a glimpse of the owner, she looked intoxicated or drugged all red in the face from so much beer i guess and she ordered 2 burgers, so my son didnt eat his fries so i told the lady can i give ur dog some fries and she said no, because he can get sick, i guess she thought i was gonna give him something to kill him. So i turned around and walked out to my car. SHe followed me to make sure i didnt give her dog the FRIES!!!! so then i remembered i had 3 bags of puppy food i had bought so i told her "would you like a bag of dog food"? and she said no "he has a big bag at home, this burger is his treat for walking with me" and then i told her he looked thin and then she told me she had 3 more dogs and had puppies too and wanted to get rid of them. Also this dog had cherry eye in both eyes. So i felt sooo bad i almost wanted to cry cuz i felt bad for the dog, not having food. Then i start to think about the orphans and all the people in teh world not only orphans that sometimes dont have anything to eat. So im on my period emotions running wild and this geeze just made me feel horrible
and to think also of all those dogs that are out on the street that people shuu them away or kick them or shoot them, it just hurts i love animal. if i one day get to own a house im definatly going to help with rescue God permit me my health and strength and BY GEORGE!!! :lol: LOL :lol: :lol: I WILL DO IT!!!! Sorry for this being so long.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Kind of in the same vein, I guess... I had a terrible dream the other night, where I actually confronted Jennifer Siliski (the convicted dog abuser/puppy mill dungeon master). She had dogs all caged up and starved, and forced to have babies. I looked at her in the face and just said, "Why are you doing this? These are God's little creatures... they are here for us to take care of; they are here to love us."

I actually woke up crying.

How can people like that be so evil to innocent animals?

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
why are people like that?? my cousin came over with his pit bull...and the way he was treating him----it really made me sick. he was wrestling with the dog and tugging on his ears and making him cry. it just totally sucked. my cousin also takes drugs and sells it. hes total trash.

and my venting really quick: we have my family over and it sucks. everyone that i never wanted to see in my life again----is here. well, the brother i hate isnt here. but EVERYONE else is.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Let me tell you that rescue is wonderful. I sit on the board of a No Kill shelter as well as do transports, foster, and have a few here who haven't been placed. I am fortunate that I have a place for them. I have an elderly, almost blind poodle who thinks she is a Maltese. She came from a puppy mill, and before coming to live with me, would run from any human contact. She loves to cuddle, and is a real special girl to me. I also have an elderly Yorkie who was brought to me, along with her sister as they were advertised as breeders in our local paper. She has her own little dog sofa here in my den. She hops like a bunny because of poor hips. I live in the country, so the large ones can run free here on the farm. Not that they would get that far from me. In fact, if I were to go out my back door, they would all meet me before I got down the steps. I do have one Lab who can be rather a problem because she likes to bring me dead things, and she walks so close that she touches me with them. I just cringe and go on.
When I go to the store to buy dog food, I get a lot of comments because I buy more than one bag at a time. I was buying some cans once, after fending off a negative comment about it from someone. A man said "you know poor people eat that". I guess I just said the first thing that came to mind because I asked him how it tasted.
I can tell you that finding a home for a dog and making the adoption take place is also a real high. I drove to New Orleans last year to get a little dog for a child with emotional problems. One of the rescues let me have it without fee so this child could have a pet. He named it Blue, and both are doing fine.
Even if you don't have a place for a rescue pet, you can do transports, or maybe just volunteer at one of the shelters. The person who does laundry at our shelter does it while sitting in her wheelchair. We also have retired people who come in to walk the dogs.
So, rather than getting mad, I say GET INVOLVED.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, rather than getting mad, I say GET INVOLVED.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=42771
[/QUOTE]
Hi Lucylou, thank you for encouraging me in this. I will try and do something i will have to start searching right? i mean for like rescues near here, id like to know which dogs have little time left and help get those to rescues or sick ones. But im real emotional, i dont know how i will cope. I have a heart prob so i have to be carefu with my emotions
. Again thank you for your encouragment
Rosie

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
and my venting really quick: we have my family over and it sucks. everyone that i never wanted to see in my life again----is here. well, keith isnt here. but EVERYONE else is.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=42767
[/QUOTE]

Im sorry you have to have visitors
I know how you feel, except i dont get along with my bro so i go thru what your going thru EVERYDAY!!! he lives here
And that cuz of yours your right pure trash plain and simple. He should not treat the dog like that. Geez, poor dog. Hope your family leaves PRONTO!!!
take care , thanks for replying. BTW i forgot to ask, whos keith ?

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
I went to the mall this weekend and went into the horrible pet store.
I dunno why i did it... i knew i would be all emotional about it but i went anyway...
Those dog looked soo mistreated it was sick. My bf finally agreed with me that he understand how i felt about puppy mills now... hes a typical male... SLOWww..
Lets just say I was very depressed and sickened from what i saw I gave nasty faces to the people in the store and stormed out. I wish I could stop the abuse of many of these poor dogs. I try to educate people about buying a dog!

I guess i'm a glutton for punishment.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts