Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today is my one year sober!!!! I had/have a problem with booze and hard drugs for quite a while, and I am very happy to announce that it has been one year today since I've touched anything (not one drop of booze!!! and no hard drugs (but I do live in BC so I stick to one thing)). Oh, as well as I quit smoking 8 months ago after smoking for ten years. Just wanted to share my day.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
GOOD FOR YOU!!!!
You must be very proud--and you should be!!!
We were in BC a year ago (we were there to take a cruise) and we had lunch at The Cambie.........we had a good time!

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Originally posted by Holliberry@Jun 2 2005, 11:59 AM
Wow that is so awesome.  Great job!  I quit smoking a year ago in february after 15 years or some crazy thing.  That was the hardest thing ever, so I know only a little bit of what your last year has been like.  You should be so proud of yourself!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=68128
[/QUOTE]

how old are you? just curious, you dont have to answer

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Congrats! That is great

Originally posted by puppylucy+Jun 2 2005, 12:01 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Holliberry
@Jun 2 2005, 11:59 AM
Wow that is so awesome.  Great job!  I quit smoking a year ago in february after 15 years or some crazy thing.  That was the hardest thing ever, so I know only a little bit of what your last year has been like.  You should be so proud of yourself!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=68131
[/B][/QUOTE]
That is what I was wondering. LOL

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
OK OK I will tell *everyone*!

Originally posted by puppylucy+Jun 2 2005, 12:01 PM-->

[/B][/QUOTE]

ok I wont

just teasing I am 36

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by Holliberry+Jun 2 2005, 12:18 PM-->
OK OK I will tell *everyone*!

Originally posted by [email protected] 2 2005, 12:01 PM

[/QUOTE]

ok I wont

just teasing I am 36
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=68143
[/B][/QUOTE]
Dang I thought you were my age (25)! LOL That is why I was like "What age did she start smoking?!"

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Meghann,

How wonderful for you...Glad you life is your life now and not some bottle and pills.

Keep up the great work and thanks for sharing such a wonderful event with all of us. I bet those puppy kisses helped so much.

Susan

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Congrats!!!!

·
Registered
894 Posts
Meghann....Thank you for realizing how special YOU are, and for caring enough about YOURSELF to become clean and sober. Prayers are with you for continued success in your life. Sobriety is not an easy thing, many people do not realize that it is a DECISION every minute of every day you make to stay that way. I always hate it when someone says "why don't you just quit"......I always tell them "why don't you just cut your hand off without any anesthesia".....it is THAT painful.....I applaud your decision, day after day. Just remember one thing, you will ALWAYS be a RECOVERING adict/alcoholic....it does not go away just because you quit. Those around you must realize that it again, is a choice YOU make every day. I am proud of you girl...there are many people on this board that will be here to help you if you ever need it.
There are not enough
or
to say how happy I am for you.....

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
That is totally awesome! Should only get high on Maltese!
I am very very happy for ya. ESPECIALLY with smoking since it's soooo easy buying them. I have a hard time stopping, but I believe that once I graduate, I'll eventually stop.

Take care and I hope we'll celebrate another beerless, drugless, smokeless year with ya!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Congrats that is a milestone to be celebrated...."by loving your malt
" I am so happy that you have made the decision to live a sober life. I have a nephew that struggles and it is so hard to see someone you love have to deal with the struggle of addiction. So I am sure your family is proud of you,,,,we are and we are one big Malt family.....

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Originally posted by Sisses Momma@Jun 2 2005, 01:33 PM
Meghann....Thank you for realizing how special YOU are, and for caring enough about YOURSELF to become clean and sober.  Prayers are with you for continued success in your life.  Sobriety is not an easy thing, many people do not realize that it is a DECISION every minute of every day you make to stay that way.  I always hate it when someone says "why don't you just quit"......I always tell them "why don't you just cut your hand off without any anesthesia".....it is THAT painful.....I applaud your decision, day after day.  Just remember one thing, you will ALWAYS be a RECOVERING adict/alcoholic....it does not go away just because you quit.  Those around you must realize that it again, is a choice YOU make every day.  I am proud of you girl...there are many people on this board that will be here to help you if you ever need it.
There are not enough 
or
to say how happy I am for you.....
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=68183
[/QUOTE]
Amen
Let me add .CONGRATS
and Thank You for letting us share with your wonderful day!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts