Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all I wanted to thank those of you who have given us such a warm welcome to the board! :D

I also wanted to brag on my new little boy! Duke can already "sit," "lay down," and "give kisses" at 11 weeks! We are working on "roll over" but this one is taking a little longer. I'm planning on doing "shake" after he masters "roll over."

Any other suggestions on other tricks I can teach him while he is a little sponge?
(I apologize if this is already a topic - I haven't had a chance to read all of them)

Thanks so much!

- Clare

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
Way to go Duke!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
CONGRADULATIONS! Shaking took me under 5 minutes to teach. Rolling over took me 10 mins. Noriko can't do those. Only ButterCloud.

Check it out! Thanks Dr. Cathy!

Read Second Post

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Nice Job!
I hope you dont have problems with barking soon... I am having a hard time with controlling it myself.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
geez you guys are good...my puppy can do sit and dance(where she hops around on her two back legs) but we are having a problem with down. I know there is a thread going on about it now but nothing seems to be working. hopefully puppy kindergarten will be the ticket!

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Wow Duke is a clever little boy, and a quick learner too
We taught Scooby to do the hight five and he is really good at that.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
new trick suggestions: Sir N knows "turn around" which comes in handy during feet washing time. "head down" is also good for when it's time to take off the harness (it slips over his head). "back up" and "move over" are handy for when he is blocking a doorway or just in the way. "No touching" is handy to keep him away from disgusting things on the street and my food. (I eat on the floor and can leave the room and no one goes near my food.) He knows a lot more than just that, but those are practical commands that he learned a long time ago and really makes life easier for me.

Just wish that Little C knew half of what Sir N knows. She's not really a "sponge". She follows his cue on most things, but doesn't do things on command on her own except "sit" and now, "lay".

1 - 13 of 13 Posts