Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,

my groomer who is also my friend told me about a little old lady who's maltese she grooms. it seems this little old lady is getting poorly and had to be admitted to hospital. her health is not too good. she has no family either.

i told my friend to tell this lady that I would look after her little maltese should she ever go into hospital or god forbid, anything happen. i could not see a little dog go into any of the rescues around here.

she is about 4 years old and cute as a button. she is paper trained, my little dixie is trained to go potty outside.
should this little dog ever come to stay any advice on how she would be going potty outside with dixie or would she be very difficult to re-train?

As i say this is just for interest, the situation may not arise but it might .....

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
It's like starting all over again. Got to be consistant. You have to teach them to hold it in now. But it may be easier because she can learn from Dixie.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
I've heard it is easier to try going from paper to outside then in reverse. Someone recommend taking a used paper outside. They folded one up and put it under a rock. That way the dog got the idea.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
yeah, if you're able to watch the dog consistantly...you can take her outside. and then when you're not home...let her have the option to go potty inside. and when she sees that she gets major treats and yummy stuff when she potties outside....she'll like to potty outside, you know? good luck and thats really sweet of you to help out.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks i hope i've took a weight off her mind that her furbaby will be looked after.

anyway who knows, i couldn't stand the thought of one of these gorge little doggies goin to kennels

1 - 5 of 5 Posts