Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all... sorry for so many picture posts this week but I was not expecting this picture to happen.... here's the background... When I got Catcher, Kallie was scared of him and wouldn't really get near him. Then slowly they started playing but she would move away if he got near. If he was on the bed, she would jump off, etc. Those of you with two who were friends right away, probably can't imagine this...

So anyway, tonight they were playing in the kitchen, where I am on the computer. I turned around to see what they were up to and almost fainted at what I saw .... K & C were napping on the same doggy bed!!

I knew if I moved quickly, they'd jump off the bed and come over to me so I inched my hand toward the camera and very slowly (almost in slow motion) moved in to take a shot. So.... ta da... drum roll... here is the shot! And notice that there is an empty bed behind them! I am soooo happy!!!

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
o that is so cute!!! great shot!

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Oh, thats wonderful!!! They look soo cute together
I love seeing pictures of Kallie and Catcher, please dont hold back at all!!!

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Great picture...never ever ever stop putting pictures. I love them.

Susan

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
That is heartwarming. Bet you were thrilled to death!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Cute!!!!

·
Registered
776 Posts
K/C's Mom, there are NEVER too many picture posts!! (it's half the reason I hang out on this board!!
)

And that picture is ADORABLE
. What beautiful coats your pups have!!

May I ask how old they were when their "adult coats" came in? Jack's still soft-as-soft-can-be, which I'm certain is just puppy hair, and will fast go away and become mat-prone adult hair... and since Catcher and Jack have the same grandpappy, maybe it will be similar... ?

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by cindysilver@Aug 16 2005, 09:47 PM
K/C's Mom, there are NEVER too many picture posts!! (it's half the reason I hang out on this board!!
)

And that picture is ADORABLE
. What beautiful coats your pups have!! 

May I ask how old they were when their "adult coats" came in?  Jack's still soft-as-soft-can-be, which I'm certain is just puppy hair, and will fast go away and become mat-prone adult hair... and since Catcher and Jack have the same grandpappy, maybe it will be similar... ?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=91282
[/QUOTE]
Hi, well, honestly, I'm not quite sure when their coats came in. I hate to say it but Catcher has terrible hair!! The good thing is it is very, very thick... tons of hair. The bad thing is that it is very soft, and not silky but more cottony. It does great in a puppy cut so that's fine with me.

Kallie has great hair... hardly ever mats and her ears are very, very straight and silky.

There will be a stage where he may mat more than usual at around 9 months or so and then things will settle down. Catcher really doesn't mat much at all now that he has a shorter cut.

·
Registered
776 Posts
So, when Catcher's hair got mat-prone, did it change texture? Or is it still soft like a teddy bear? I'll probably keep Jack in a puppy cut his whole life, so the matting won't bother me, but I just love snuggling him, so I really hope he keeps his soft hair!!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by cindysilver@Aug 16 2005, 10:35 PM
So, when Catcher's hair got mat-prone, did it change texture?  Or is it still soft like a teddy bear?  I'll probably keep Jack in a puppy cut his whole life, so the matting won't bother me, but I just love snuggling him, so I really hope he keeps his soft hair!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=91310
[/QUOTE]

Catcher's hair has been basically the same texture all his life. Very fluffy and cuddly!

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
CUTE! after all this time, Kallie must finally realize that Catcher isn't going anywhere, huh? LOLOLOL

how much i adore pics of your two, please keep 'em coming!

ann marie and the "but you adore ME the mostest in ALL the land!" buttercup

·
Registered
7,621 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
They are beautiful!!! And may the pictures keep on coming!! We all love to see everyone's beauties!!!

And congrats to both k/c for finally realizing that they can definitely get along. Maybe they're both playing hard to get?!?!! And now their sleeping together?!?!?!
That is just too cute!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts