Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that just about all the photos I've had of Kallie have been so serious. My sister was here this weekend, so I finally was able to get some of her "smiling" as my sister played fetch with her. Also, she had a haircut... I like it so much better shorter. Kallie totally freaks when I put her on my grooming counter, so I figure there is no reason to torture her. With the shorter cut, she'll require a lot less grooming from me between visits to the groomer. I've added thia and a few others to the Gallery.

"I have my eye on the ball... OK.... throw it already!!"

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
What a sweetie!!!!

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
aww she looks like she is having fun! what kind of camera do u have?

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by LadyMontava@Mar 5 2005, 09:32 PM
aww she looks like she is having fun!  what kind of camera do u have?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=40320
[/QUOTE]

It's a Canon PowerShot A75. The "problem" is that it has soooo many settings that I cannot figure out how to set it up right. Even reading the book is not helpful as it is very confusing. I had the shots of her playing ball set on the "running" icon and they came out grainy but I was able to fix the color and sharpen in the program that came with the camera. Wish I had PhotoShop as the program that came with the camera is very crude.

I had Kodak a while back from Target and they have a great return policy so I took it back because it had an external lens cap that drove me crazy hanging down and getting in my way. But it was so user-friendly and easy to set and the pictures were really good..... Oh well..... water over (or is it under) the bridge!

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
thats a great camera..see if there is an iso setting...looks like it is set too low and thats why u get blurry pics sometimes. a higher iso will make the camera snap the picture faster..easier to catch moving objects
also maybe try a sports setting, and it will automatically set it up for moving things. i'd hate for u to loose the perfect kodak moment

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
She looks so happy and so relaxed! Our new Puppy Shrek is usually in that mode...Sylphide is more intense and more serious!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by SylphidesMom@Mar 5 2005, 10:07 PM
She looks so happy and so relaxed!  Our new Puppy Shrek is usually in that mode...Sylphide is more intense and more serious!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=40337
[/QUOTE]
It sounds like Sylphide and Kallie are a lot alike. Kallie is only in that mode when she is playing ball. She truly lives for that.... You had mentioned, I believe, that Sylphide was a tomboy... Kallie is one... she is not girly at all.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
She really does look happy! Its a really good photo.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Fantastic pic!! You caught her so well. She's such a doll. And msmagnolia, your new sig shots look great! You chose well.

·
Registered
365 Posts
What a cute happy baby!
I like the haircut!

I know what you mean about the camera having too many features! (I have the same cam.) I love all those types of electronic gadgets but never can really know how to use them!
:lol:

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom+Mar 5 2005, 11:10 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-SylphidesMom
@Mar 5 2005, 10:07 PM
She looks so happy and so relaxed!  Our new Puppy Shrek is usually in that mode...Sylphide is more intense and more serious!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=40337
It sounds like Sylphide and Kallie are a lot alike. Kallie is only in that mode when she is playing ball. She truly lives for that.... You had mentioned, I believe, that Sylphide was a tomboy... Kallie is one... she is not girly at all.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=40339
[/B][/QUOTE]

Yes, Sylphide is a tomboy, too. She also lives to play fetch--but even then, she's serious and intense about the whole thing. I capitalize on her intense desire to fetch for most of her training---I won't throw until she does something (such sit for 10 seconds, down for ten seconds, stay while I walk away, etc). She gets SO focussed! Sylphide puts her happiest face on for her walks. She just LOVES them.

On the other hand, so far Shrek is a very calm, very relaxed little fellow (although he's a tough and tumble wrestler with Sylphide and not in the least intimidated by her). Shrek is much, much easier to parent than Sylphide ever was as a pup. They compliment each other very well.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by SylphidesMom@Mar 6 2005, 11:12 AM
Yes, Sylphide is a tomboy, too.  She also lives to play fetch--but even then, she's serious and intense about the whole thing.  I capitalize on her intense desire to fetch for most of her training---I won't throw until she does something (such sit for 10 seconds, down for ten seconds, stay while I walk away, etc). She gets SO focussed! Sylphide puts her happiest face on for her walks.  She just LOVES them.

On the other hand, so far Shrek is a very calm, very relaxed little fellow (although he's a tough and tumble wrestler with Sylphide and not in the least intimidated by her).  Shrek is much, much easier to parent than Sylphide ever was as a pup.  They compliment each other very well. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=40430
[/QUOTE]
Gosh, this sounds like my situation exactly... But does Shrek intimidate Sylphide? Catcher sort of scares Kallie sometimes... he comes on so strong and he'll take a running leap and pounce on her. BUT last night she did that to him!! I was so proud of her!

You are right about training while playing fetch. I am SO BAD about doing that. When my sister visits she always makes Kallie sit before throwing the ball and Kallie obeys so nicely. I do need to do that .....

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
So far, Sylphide hasn't been intimidated at all, in fact she has been mostly playing very gently with him even when he's rough...although last night she got a little rough so Shrek came running to "Mommy"...

Sylphide loves to play rough--she and my husband play tough all the time (I don't like rough play so she doesn't try that with me). She has all kinds of deep pretend growls and hilarious antics. So far, Shrek is holding his own. He's well prepared to handle her since she is so much like his mom.

Since this morning was a lazy Sunday morning, both Sylphide and Shrek were cuddling with me before we got up. It was so cute when Sylphide first gave me kisses then kisses for Shrek
I have to get used to having two on the bed, though--they both want to sleep on my legs and feet and I'm getting squashed!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts