Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had two expensive dolls on a stool in the great room for years. Kallie has never really shown an interest in them and I've felt OK leaving them within her reach. Lately, she has started spending a lot of time on the back of the sofa where she has easy access to them. I caught her licking the hair of the girl doll and she sat up and tried to look so innocent! Of course, I moved the dolls to a new spot in the house that she can't get to... just in the nick of time...




"Hmmmm, that doll's hair sure did look delicious, but Mommy has caught me...
I better look innocent. Oh, I was just sitting here. I don't even care about that doll... no, not at all."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,097 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom+Apr 24 2005, 06:32 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Denise&Chico
@Apr 24 2005, 06:24 PM
she does look innocent lol how much does she weigh?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=55980
She's exactly at 9 pounds. She's sturdy enough to be a great cuddler! She looks a little "chunky" in the 2nd photo but she isn't in person.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=55986
[/B][/QUOTE]

I love those photos!! too cute!! the dolls are lovely! I especially like the boy doll. I have a friend who collected only boy dolls..They were often hard to come by ( by comparison to the girls) but over the years she found some fantastic ones... she'd LOVE that one you have!!

Missysmom
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by IamMomtoMissy@Apr 24 2005, 06:53 PM
I love those photos!! too cute!!  the dolls are lovely! I especially like the boy doll. I have a friend who collected only boy dolls..They were often hard to come by ( by comparison to the girls) but over the years she found some fantastic ones... she'd LOVE that one you have!!

Missysmom
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=55994
[/QUOTE]

I love him, too!
I got him because he was her counterpart in the collection .... I got her, "Jill", new and then years later wanted to get him, "Stan", but he was retired and not available in stores. I found him on a doll collector's bulletin board (before the eBay was even invented!). I have really enjoyed having them so much and I'm really glad that I have the pair. The doll artist is German and she's a favorite of mine, Sabine Esche.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by MomtwoMaltmuffins@Apr 24 2005, 08:45 PM
Who me??

Cute pictures of Kallie, and the dolls are very nice
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=56033
[/QUOTE]

Well, luckily the dolls were "rescued" just in time... I would have not been too happy to add them to the list of items destroyed by Miss Kallie Belle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
608 Posts
KC's mom what is that on the table behind the dolls head kinda got a scallop edge to it. Is it a bowl? I like it whatever it is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,741 Posts
cute pic!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom+Apr 24 2005, 05:32 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Denise&Chico
@Apr 24 2005, 06:24 PM
she does look innocent lol how much does she weigh?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=55980
She's exactly at 9 pounds. She's sturdy enough to be a great cuddler! She looks a little "chunky" in the 2nd photo but she isn't in person.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=55986
[/B][/QUOTE]



Brink is exactly 9 pounds too, per the vet when he looked at his leg.
He hasn't told me to put him on a diet yet...
I thought she looked about Brink's size in that picture!

It is really cute! Maybe she was just giving kisses. :D Perhaps she thought she could kiss them back to life and have some small playmates. :lol:
She and the dolls are both beautiful! I am proud of your babies that they have not bothered them so far anyway. That would be prime game for Brinkley-they would have had to be put up LONG ago. He LOVES to nibble the appendages of Barbies that are left within his reach.
I don't know how many of my daughter's Barbies are without hands and/or feet.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by dhodina@Apr 24 2005, 08:58 PM
KC's mom what is that on the table behind the dolls head kinda got a scallop edge to it.  Is it a bowl?  I like it whatever it is.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=56044
[/QUOTE]

It is pottery done by a local artist whose work I just adore. She has a soiree every November in her home where she shows her work..... She moves all furniture out of her living and dining rooms and sets up a gallery-like arrangement. If I go, I usually end up buying something, so if I don't think I want to spend the money I just don't go because I can't resist her work ... here it is and the one next to it is her work also... (My camera does a lousy job ... or maybe it is the person behind it!
)




 

·
Registered
Joined
·
608 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom+Apr 24 2005, 09:02 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-dhodina
@Apr 24 2005, 08:58 PM
KC's mom what is that on the table behind the dolls head kinda got a scallop edge to it.  Is it a bowl?  I like it whatever it is.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=56044
It is pottery done by a local artist whose work I just adore. She has a soiree every November in her home where she shows her work..... She moves all furniture out of her living and dining rooms and sets up a gallery-like arrangement. If I go, I usually end up buying something, so if I don't think I want to spend the money I just don't go because I can't resist her work ... here it is and the one next to it is her work also... (My camera does a lousy job ... or maybe it is the person behind it!
)





<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=56059
[/B][/QUOTE]


ooooooooooo I am jealous!! I love those. I wish I could find some pieces like that around here. They are just beautiful.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by tlunn@Apr 24 2005, 10:00 PM
Brink is exactly 9 pounds too, per the vet when he looked at his leg.
He hasn't told me to put him on a diet yet...
I thought she looked about Brink's size in that picture!

It is really cute! Maybe she was just giving kisses. :D Perhaps she thought she could kiss them back to life and have some small playmates. :lol:
She and the dolls are both beautiful! I am proud of your babies that they have not bothered them so far anyway. That would be prime game for Brinkley-they would have had to be put up LONG ago. He LOVES to nibble the appendages of Barbies that are left within his reach.
I don't know how many of my daughter's Barbies are without hands and/or feet.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=56058
[/QUOTE]

Yes, I think those dolls were living on "borrowed time" to have made it this long without being chewed on... I think they were both getting ready to be nibbled....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by MomtwoMaltmuffins@Apr 24 2005, 10:52 PM
they are beautiful, she does lovely work.

I dont see anything wrong with your photos.

I was reading one of your psots about you having trouble with the sharpness or lack of sharpness, I have a Canon Surshot A60 and I notice I have problems with sharpness, pictures are turning out fuzzy.  I dont know if it is because I only have 2.0 megapixels.  I thought Canons were supposed to have great lenses
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=56080
[/QUOTE]
It sounds like we have the same basic camera.. mine is probably just a slightly newer model...it is only 3.2 megapixels but I thought the pixels were mainly important when going to a very large size image. I had a Kodak for a short time but returned it because it only had an external lens cap and that drove me crazy but I swear the photos it took were much better than the Canon. It was more automatic and "dummy proof" than this one. There are just too many settings on this thing!
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Top