Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh my gosh I feel like such an idiot :blush: I have been trying to register here for over a month, but I kept typing out Spoiled Maltese entirely thinking that's what we are suppose to do. Today I was determined to register and I FINALLY read the instructions to type JUST the capitol letters and finally made it.........WOW :smilie_tischkante:

My name is Kathy and my sweet little baby is Kirby. He is the first Maltese I have had the privilege of being mommy to and he is just amazing!!!!

I lost my last dog, Nestle, a Lhasa Apso, on April 5th to CRF and my mom passed on April 16th. I honestly was just led to Kirby because I was very sad. I said I was not going to get a puppy, I was not going to get a purebred, I was not going to get a dog who's hair grew all the time, I wasn't getting a male and I wasn't getting a puppy. Then I saw Kirby and I picked him up, looked in his eyes, he kissed me on the nose :wub: and that was the end of the story.

I am so amazed at the ability of the Maltese to comfort people. He has been healing my family and bringing us so much joy. He is also very silly. I could write a book about him!!! Oh, he just turned 5 mons old on July 5th.

·
Premium Member
24,033 Posts
:welcome1:Oh Kathy you went through quite a spring. I'm so sorry for the loss of your mom and for Nestle's passing (what a cute name). But isn't it amazing how these little guys make you want to smile and love so much again. I have a little boy and he couldn't be more loving if he tried. I'm so happy you found us. I don't even remember how I registered. It was around a year and a half ago but we hope you'll learn a lot more here, share pix and stories and we can watch that cutie Kirby grow up. He looks so cute in your avatar.:wub:

·
Premium Member
4,953 Posts
Welcome to you and Kirby Kathy. I'm sorry for your losses. Things seem to happen all at once sometimes. I'd say Kirby was meant to be yours and was presented to you at a time you really needed him. I'm glad you listened and your heart let him in. You will get so much joy and comfort from Kirby as you already know. Kirby is adorable. (I saw your other thread)
Welcome to our SM family.:welcome1:

·
Premium Member
20,083 Posts
Hello and Welcome. I'm sorry for the loss of your mother and Lhasa, what a hard place to be in.

in my mind I'm still thinking about your post....you weren't getting...and...and....and I'm thinking you were never going to name the male long haired dog Kirby either! :blush: Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

He's absolutely adorable. He should be able to help your heart mend......:wub:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you for all the nice welcomes!!!! You all have such gorgeous Fluffs....
Makes me laugh to call them that, although Kirby is more appropriately called the Fluffanutter with all his silliness. :chili:

He really has put the pieces back in my heart and sealed the seams with his unending kisses. I have never had a dog who loves to kiss as much as he does. He also loves to hug, loves to cuddle, and loves to love :wub:

Posting some pictures of Kirby from before and after his first grooming on June 18th. He was very matted when we got him and I tried real hard to get them out little by little but the legs were still real bad so the groomer had to shave him. At least now we have a fresh start to keep him mat free as his hair grows in.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
18,095 Posts
:Welcome 2:
God must be reaching down from heaven to comfort you through Kirby! He used a donkey to speak once in the Old Testament---why not a Maltese?
I hope he will continue to bring you much joy and deep pleasure. This is a good place to be---welcome!
I had a Kirby once---he was also special! It is a cute name.
What cute photos! Thank you for sharing.

·
Premium Member
8,623 Posts
Welcome! Kirby sounds like a wonderful addition to your family and just what you needed to help you heal. He sure is adorable! :wub:
I look forward to getting to know you and Kirby better.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Welcome, Kathy! And, welcome to sweet little Kirby, too! :Flowers 2:

I'm so sorry about Nestle and your mom. It's wonderful though that Kirby has become part of the healing process for you and your family.

I understand how you could write a book about Kirby. I think all of us here feel the same way about our fluff babies!!

I, too, thought I wanted a female Malt. But, I had an instant attraction to Snowball ... it was love at first sight. He is my little guy that I love to pieces! :wub::wub: Not to say that I wouldn't want a sister for Snowball. All our fluff babies are magical and wonderful. :wub::wub:

You will enjoy Spoiled Maltese! Warning ... it can become addictive very fast! :HistericalSmiley:

·
Registered
744 Posts
Awww, well, it was meant to be :) Maltese are definitely a joy and will bring tons of smiles to your face! I had a lot going on when I got Vi, and she's been one of the joys in my life. One of the faces I look forward to seeing in the morning (wait...who am I kidding, more like afternoon...and after a few hundred cups of coffee...and maybe a nap...)
lol just kidding, Vi is a huge source of happiness for me when I have a hard time seeing something. SHe smiles at me when I just LOOK at her (literally smiles lol)
You wont regret it. ;)
and about the registering thing...that is TOO funny. It made me do a double take too, I was like 'wait...do the what now?' lol But I'm glad you figured it out!

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
:Welcome 2: Kathy What a wonderful story of your love for your Kirby and his healing kisses. I have had Maltese for ? 15 years and am wondering if there is any other breed that gives as much as this breed does? :wub: I am wide awake and unable to sleep because of "human" relationship that has caused some heartache again recently.. and we all experience that if we on this planet.. BUT we know our precious Maltese will only give that unconditional love...what a gift they are in our lives.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.