Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 289 Posts

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i hope everyone in Katrina's path is prepareing. If u guys dont see me online next week, might be due to electricity outage. this one looks like a bad one. we went to get the basics this morning..batteries and water. i hope all are preparing like it IS coming and will be BAD. Better to be prepared than sorry. I hope my inlaws in new orleans decide to come..even though hubby said they never will. really is silly to stay. why r people like that.
o well just wanted all to know whats going on and i will be thinking of everyone...hopefully if i need to add more pics to the collage i can do it next week.
good luck!

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Jaimie are you in the path of Katrina? I certainly hope not but if you are in the area please be safe. I will keep you in my thoughts and pray for you and your family's safety.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes i am..about 70 miles from new orleans which is where the eye might go...i think we will be ok though..but we r prepared.

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
Originally posted by LadyMontava@Aug 27 2005, 11:36 AM
i hope everyone in Katrina's path is prepareing.  If u guys dont see me online next week, might be due to electricity outage.  this one looks like a bad one.  we went to get the basics this morning..batteries and water.  i hope all are preparing like it IS coming and will be BAD. Better to be prepared than sorry.  I hope my inlaws in new orleans decide to come..even though hubby said they never will. really is silly to stay.  why r people like that.
o well just wanted all to know whats going on and i will be thinking of everyone...hopefully if i need to add more pics to the collage i can do it next week.
good luck!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=94417
[/QUOTE]

You know you're in my thoughts.....hope your inlaws decide to come.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
We got up early to secure our property. We'll move the boat and jet ski this afternoon and my parents, the dogs and I are heading to Jackson at 5:00AM tomorrow. My husband is on call, so he'll hang around here until Sunday night.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
The news is saying that Katrina could hit New Orleans at a 4 or even a 5! :eek: That is going to cause some amazing destruction. Good luck and best wishes to anyone in that area. Be smart and stay safe!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
A friend's daughter and family live in New Orleans and she said the Governor has called for all of southern Louisiana to be evacuated...... They are having to pack up and get out of there. Jaime, it looks like your in-laws will have no choice!!

This is not sounding good..... hope it is false alarm!

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
New Orleans takes hurricanes VERY seriously since they sit below sea level. A direct hit on the city could be a horrific. For us on the Mississippi Gulf Coast a hit on New Orleans isn't good either, because that puts us on the bad side of the storm. When a hurricane goes into Alabama or Florida we are on the preferred side and it lessens the effect. My parents and I are going to go North late tonight instead of early tomorrow morning. Ever since New Orleans started calling for evacuations they are telling most of the people to head north to Jackson and Memphis. We are afraid that we'll be in horrible traffic if we wait.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
from what i know..my inlaws arent going ne where...we called my sil and told them to come but they said they were staying....i think its not smart to stay

my mom told me she was looking for hotels for my grandfather who is also in new orleans..i hope he leaves this time.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by msmagnolia@Aug 27 2005, 04:09 PM
New Orleans takes hurricanes VERY seriously since they sit below sea level.  A direct hit on the city could be a horrific.  For us on the Mississippi Gulf Coast a hit on New Orleans isn't good either, because that puts us on the bad side of the storm.  When a hurricane goes into Alabama or Florida we are on the preferred side and it lessens the effect.  My parents and I are going to go North late tonight instead of early tomorrow morning.  Ever since New Orleans started calling for evacuations they are telling most of the people to head north to Jackson and Memphis.  We are afraid that we'll be in horrible traffic if we wait.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=94459
[/QUOTE]

Susan, I hope you and your family get to your destination safely.

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
Yes Susan, you better leave tonight. Trafic could be a nightmare. Jaimie I hope your in-laws will change their mind. Hope you all will be safe.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ok so all my relatives and hubby's relatives are stupid..they are all staying in new orleans. the part they are in, is only a voluntary evac. i wish they would leave. but i know they wont. why are new orleans ppl so hard headed?

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Originally posted by LadyMontava@Aug 27 2005, 08:01 PM
ok so all my relatives and hubby's relatives are stupid..they are all staying in new orleans.  the part they are in, is only a voluntary evac.  i wish they would leave.  but i know they wont. why are new orleans ppl so hard headed?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=94550
[/QUOTE]

that's crazy.. i hope the storm gets super weak or something..

1 - 20 of 289 Posts