Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

241 - 260 of 320 Posts

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Yesterday I took Lorin to emergency, it was so strange how things have changed. No longer do you feel out paper work. The receptionist gave me a paper with a number to call after the physician had came in to see Lorin. When I called the number the lady on the other end ask me questions and she did all this on her end.
When Lorin was on the bed, my chair was over 6ft from him.
The nurses and doctor wore plastic garments and of course masks, we all had masks on.

There wasn't a lot of people there, no waiting we were taken back quickly
I did overhear a nurse talking with the doctor about a possible Coronvirus patient there.

I ask the nurse if they had many Coronvirus patients, she didn't answer me.
I thanked all of them for being there for us.
Paula,
That must have been so scary! 😷
I am so sorry you had to go through that experience. These truly are strange times we are in. Please know you are greatly loved and we are here for you. 😘

Continued prayer coming your way.... "Heavenly Father thank you that, by you all things were created that are in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible. You created Lorins' body and it rests in your capable hands. Please look upon his physical needs and restore his body. Remind him that you are always with him. Please guide Lorins doctors and care team and restore him to full health. May your presence and peace be with Paula and Lorin every hour of the day. Amen." 😇

I only wish I could do more......... sending love and prayers your way. 💌

·
Premium Member
17,350 Posts
I love his expressive face---his eyes can see into my soul!

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
We have had under 200 new cases for 3 days in a row!!!!!! That's for the whole province of Ontario!!!
Kathy, That is great news! Here we are now being told that new cases don't matter as they are testing more people. But we are also told that hospital admissions are once again going up. And that does matter! This is all so confusing. I just don't know who to believe. One day we are told one thing by a supposed "expert" and the next day he says something completely different. I have made up my mind that I will "isolate" and practice social distancing & wear my mask when out.....But I will (on occasion) see my grandkids and family. I am concerned that my youngest daughter & family are planning a vacation next week. They are going to The Ark in Kentucky and then visiting with my older daughter and the kids in IL. I really wish they weren't going. But they are young and healthy and not in the "risk" category so I guess I just have to trust they will be ok and of coarse I will be praying for them. I'm thinking us seniors need to be more careful than the younger kids. I do know I am NOT flying anywhere in the near future!

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Natural weed abatement going on here.

They're back! Twice a year the property behind my house has goats roaming around clearing all the weeds and enriching the soil with their droppings! hey are very tame - I can actually feed them from my hands. Abella is not to sure what to think. Although she is not phased by any wildlife or birds. Funny how WHITE dogs seem to get a little reaction out of her - "Ive always wondered why???. Baa Baaa Baaa!

478fafe7436ed535eb1cc74f6f2952db.jpg
IMG_9633.jpg

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #251
Kathy, That is great news! Here we are now being told that new cases don't matter as they are testing more people. But we are also told that hospital admissions are once again going up. And that does matter! This is all so confusing. I just don't know who to believe. One day we are told one thing by a supposed "expert" and the next day he says something completely different. I have made up my mind that I will "isolate" and practice social distancing & wear my mask when out.....But I will (on occasion) see my grandkids and family. I am concerned that my youngest daughter & family are planning a vacation next week. They are going to The Ark in Kentucky and then visiting with my older daughter and the kids in IL. I really wish they weren't going. But they are young and healthy and not in the "risk" category so I guess I just have to trust they will be ok and of coarse I will be praying for them. I'm thinking us seniors need to be more careful than the younger kids. I do know I am NOT flying anywhere in the near future!
Our hospital cases and the number of people on ventilators is also going way down but since we just started stage 2 of reopening last week I'm afraid everything will go back up. I guess time will tell. I'm like you Paulann, I'm staying home and the only time I go out is to pick up groceries curbside and to walk Pipper. My hair is a total mess but I just can't bring myself to go to the hairdresser. I guess since I don't go anywhere no one sees what a total mess it is anyways. ;)
Sending prayers that your family stays safe on their vacation. My son is on vacation now too but they are just at a cottage so they probably aren't exposed to other people . At least that's what I'm telling myself. ;)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hey everyone.

Here in Andorra they lifted the lockdown on June 1st. We have to wear masks everywhere and constantly use hand sanitizers before entering any shop, but at least we get to walk in the fresh air and sun again.

During the lockdown I think that the only negative thing that I experienced was Belle getting used to my presence 24/7. She was only 4-5 months old when it happened so I think I’ll have to start from scratch when it comes to teaching her that mommy cannot be at home all the time.

The positive thing that happened was that I really honed my cooking and baking skills. Right at the peak of the pandemic Belle started experiencing diarrhea and vomiting. I rushed her to the vet and had to leave her for a couple of days. Turns out she has a sensitive tummy, so all the food I’d bought from the supermarket (the pet stores were closed) and even food that I’d bought from the vet was packed up and gifted to a friend.

I turned to google and started cooking fresh food for her. As for treats I learned how to bake pumpkin biscuits, duck jerky, chicken jerky and crispy salmon.

Honestly if this had happened a decade ago Belle and I would have starved to death. Thanks to google we’ve both been eating fresh wholesome home cooked food.

Stay safe all!
Belle sends her love and licks!❤

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Hey everyone.

Here in Andorra they lifted the lockdown on June 1st. We have to wear masks everywhere and constantly use hand sanitizers before entering any shop, but at least we get to walk in the fresh air and sun again.

During the lockdown I think that the only negative thing that I experienced was Belle getting used to my presence 24/7. She was only 4-5 months old when it happened so I think I’ll have to start from scratch when it comes to teaching her that mommy cannot be at home all the time.

The positive thing that happened was that I really honed my cooking and baking skills. Right at the peak of the pandemic Belle started experiencing diarrhea and vomiting. I rushed her to the vet and had to leave her for a couple of days. Turns out she has a sensitive tummy, so all the food I’d bought from the supermarket (the pet stores were closed) and even food that I’d bought from the vet was packed up and gifted to a friend.

I turned to google and started cooking fresh food for her. As for treats I learned how to bake pumpkin biscuits, duck jerky, chicken jerky and crispy salmon.

Honestly if this had happened a decade ago Belle and I would have starved to death. Thanks to google we’ve both been eating fresh wholesome home cooked food.

Stay safe all!
Belle sends her love and licks!❤
Thank you for the update on you & Belle!
I am glad you found the right combination of food that works for Belle. It must have been very scary having to leave her at the vet during this pandemic. Your homemade food/treats sound wonderful & so healthy. I am glad Belle is thriving with your wonderful care - You are such a good momma. I agree Google/Internet is a huge step forward for mankind! When Abella was a puppy she had lots of tummy issues too. It took me a long time to find the right combination of food for her. I never took the step to making my own homemade for her..... Right now I just don't want to mess with what is working for Abella.

I too am wondering what adjustments our fluffs will have to make after things get back to normal. I used to take Abella with me wherever I went. Now she hasn't been out shopping/etc. since this pandemic started. I am concerned that she may have backslidden or forgotten her "visiting" Manners and may need a refresher coarse in "Miss Manners" school.
🐶 🐾🌻

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Very disappointed!
Yesterday Abella was all clean and smelling like lavender from her spa day. I brushed her and put cute pink bows in her hair. I grabbed my purse, strapped Abella into her car seat and thought we were headed to my newly opened Joanns fabric/craft store. Abella and my first outing (other than grocery store) in months. But it wasn't meant to be. I pushed the starter button on my Honda Accord and just grunting and flashing lights. Yes! I have a dead battery. Funny how several times in the past couple weeks I thought I should go out and at least start my car to keep the battery charged and drive it a bit so the tires don't get flat spots. But I got sidetracked and never did. So my excitement quickly faded and now I'm "stuck" at home - I guess I need to cal AAA. I'm also wondering if I may need a new battery???
:(

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #259
Very disappointed!
Yesterday Abella was all clean and smelling like lavender from her spa day. I brushed her and put cute pink bows in her hair. I grabbed my purse, strapped Abella into her car seat and thought we were headed to my newly opened Joanns fabric/craft store. Abella and my first outing (other than grocery store) in months. But it wasn't meant to be. I pushed the starter button on my Honda Accord and just grunting and flashing lights. Yes! I have a dead battery. Funny how several times in the past couple weeks I thought I should go out and at least start my car to keep the battery charged and drive it a bit so the tires don't get flat spots. But I got sidetracked and never did. So my excitement quickly faded and now I'm "stuck" at home - I guess I need to cal AAA. I'm also wondering if I may need a new battery???
:(
Maybe it was "meant to be" that you shouldn't be going out yesterday. When something like that happens to me I always take it as a sign.
I can understand how disappointing that must have been. Poor Abella must have wondered why you strapped her into the car and then didn't go anywhere. :( Hopefully all you need is a boost and not a new battery.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Maybe it was "meant to be" that you shouldn't be going out yesterday. When something like that happens to me I always take it as a sign.
I can understand how disappointing that must have been. Poor Abella must have wondered why you strapped her into the car and then didn't go anywhere. :( Hopefully all you need is a boost and not a new battery.
I agree. It wasn't meant to be - Back to putting my puzzle together and roaming my garden - smelling the flowers. Its been too hot here to go for walks unless its very early in the morning. This old body of mine doesn't like "early morning" outings. Hugs my friend and have a great weekend!
🐶 🐾🌻

241 - 260 of 320 Posts