Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

261 - 280 of 320 Posts

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #261
OMG I just saw the cutest thing outside in our yard. A little tiny sparrow is feeding a baby starling. The starling is about 4 times bigger than the sparrow. It's so cute to see one species of bird looking after a different species. I had no idea they would do that.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #262 (Edited)
Right now they are saying that as of now, school in Ontario will start in September but with students only going every other day or every other week and class sizes will be no larger than 15 kids. They will combine these days with "online learning" on the days they're not in school. Then in October they can decide region by region how much of a risk there still is and depending on the cases in each region they will decide if classes can resume full time. One of my daughters is a teacher so of coarse I will worry about her being around a lot of kids especially if we get a second wave in the fall.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #266
I do get very discouraged wishing this whole thing would end. I try to remember that my pups still need me and I am a fighter not quitter. View attachment 274554
Hang in there Addison. I know the feeling of being discouraged because sometimes it feels like this will never end. It also feels like it's been going on for years instead of just a few months. Hopefully they find a vaccine real soon and then things can go back to normal. Sending hugs.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
I do get very discouraged wishing this whole thing would end. I try to remember that my pups still need me and I am a fighter not quitter. View attachment 274554
Addison,
I agree, having pups dependent on you sure helps encourage one to get up each day and face the "challenges". I remember having several major surgeries when my girls were young and the Drs were unsure if I would ever walk again. I really believe my stubbornness and knowing my girls need a mommy is what kept me fighting (along with my strong faith). The challenge with this virus is we don't have an end date and us seniors do have an end date. I am hearing that a vaccine is in the works.

Beautiful marigolds. Is this going to be a gardening day for you? In my yard I plant marigolds to help keep the aphids under control (they assist the lady bugs). Pups are looking so pretty with their haircuts! Hang in their - hugs my friend.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #271
My adult children do not understand but I feel that this Covid-19 does not have an expiration date. At 81 I do. It tends to get me down and no one seems to understand.
I understand Addison. Practicing social distancing, especially away from family, makes us feel like we are missing out on time that we can never get back. It's hard not to have some discouraging days. When you feel sad, just look at the adorable faces of Belle and Petey. It would be even worse being isolated at home if you didn't have those two little babies depending on you. They are the one bright side to this. 🌞

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
My adult children do not understand but I feel that this Covid-19 does not have an expiration date. At 81 I do. It tends to get me down and no one seems to understand.
Addison, I sure understand how you are feeling my friend......

ETlzLkhXQAYYZD0.jpeg

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #274
My latest puzzle is complete....well almost. Frustrating to get to the end and find you are missing two pieces.
:(

View attachment 274564
Sure wish I liked doing puzzles. I just lose interest too quickly plus I had 2 neck surgeries over 20 years ago to removed ruptured disks in my neck and since then I can't doing anything involving looking down for very long.......or looking to the side.…….or looking up. 😕

·
Premium Member
24,098 Posts
Its been a crazy couple weeks, I took Lorin to emergency a couple weeks ago, he has been seeing a Cardiologist, he has a low heart rate so needed a stress test, which happened yesterday.
He will have a follow up next week
We are in stage 4, everything is open, we live in a vacation area so I am certain we will have a up tick.
Lorin and I still wear our masks but most don't wear them.
I wish businesses would tell people that unless they wear masks they aren't allowed in their establishment
We haven't been shopping, except for groceries etc.
My x daughter in law is a beautician she is going to come to my house and do my hair, she said she will wear a mask, and we will spend most of the time on our porch.

We had a wonderful Father's day at our son's farm, there were 6 of us there.
We are trying to see our kids more, but only in small groups
Its worth the risk to us, we can't imagine not spending time with our family

So many terrible things going on in our country, its heartbreaking

The girls are doing well, I have Geneva in full coat, we have to wait 6 weeks for Maddie to be groomed.
I hope our country can get somewhat back to a new normal, so many people in real need.,I pray a vaccination
happens soon.

For those of you who might longer how Ethan is doing here's a update
Ethan had his infusions last week, one poke (Ethan's term), they opened their home a couple months ago to a puppy
Ethan has a best friend 😍
I had a great conversation with Charity over the phone yesterday, she received a letter from the school district, she had three options to consider, 3 days at school two days know line, half days, or for those who's health is comprised they will be home schooled, of course that's Ethan.
Charity works from work since the coronvirus, she said it looks like she may always be working from home
She's looking for a teacher on line for Ethan
Her oldest son will be back at college in August, not sure how his classes will be.

I hope you are doing well, one day at a time, soon we will all be able to our new normal

·
Premium Member
17,350 Posts
Yay, a puppy for Ethan!
All the best for Lorin's appt.
Glad you are seeing your kids again!
Marco is facing the same issues of not knowing if he will be in classes come fall. How can anyone plan?
Maybe your DD can come sit on my porch & groom me. I need help! :)
Love you Paula!

Reactions: jane and addison

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Its been a crazy couple weeks, I took Lorin to emergency a couple weeks ago, he has been seeing a Cardiologist, he has a low heart rate so needed a stress test, which happened yesterday.
We are in stage 4, everything is open, we live in a vacation area so I am certain we will have a up tick.
I wish businesses would tell people that unless they wear masks they aren't allowed in their establishment
My x daughter in law is a beautician she is going to come to my house and do my hair, she said she will wear a mask, and we will spend most of the time on our porch.

The girls are doing well, I have Geneva in full coat, we have to wait 6 weeks for Maddie to be groomed.
I hope our country can get somewhat back to a new normal, so many people in real need.,I pray a vaccination
happens soon.

Ethan had his infusions last week, one poke (Ethan's term), they opened their home a couple months ago to a puppy
I had a great conversation with Charity over the phone yesterday, she received a letter from the school district, she had three options to consider, 3 days at school two days know line, half days, or for those who's health is comprised they will be home schooled, of course that's Ethan.
Charity works from work since the coronvirus, she said it looks like she may always be working from home
Her oldest son will be back at college in August, not sure how his classes will be.

I hope you are doing well, one day at a time, soon we will all be able to our new normal
Sounds like some progress. One baby step at a time.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts

happens soon.

Paula, I have missed your posting on here so much. Our SM family is just not the same without your perfectly worded encouraging posts to all of us.
I will continue to keep Lorin in my prayers. Wonderful news Ethan has a new companion/best buddy. What breed is it & whats his name?
I sent you a text with an idea for Ethans online teacher. Love you my friend.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
It's raining out today I'm just sooooooo BORED!!!!!!!!!! 🙄o_O
Kathy, Here we are having a heat wave, triple digits - I'm stuck inside too but for different reasons. I wish we had some of your rain. I agree BORED! ...One can read so many books, put so many puzzles together and stream so many programs.
Theres always house cleaning or organizing.....

EW8CT64WAAUuHQf.jpeg

261 - 280 of 320 Posts