Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

281 - 300 of 320 Posts

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #281
Kathy, Here we are having a heat wave, triple digits - I'm stuck inside too but for different reasons. I wish we had some of your rain. I agree BORED! ...One can read so many books, put so many puzzles together and stream so many programs.
Theres always house cleaning or organizing.....

View attachment 274575
I long to be able to go shopping for STUFF, nothing in particular, just to be able to look around in stores and buy some stuff to take away the boredom. :D
It's not raining anymore but it's too hot and humid to go outside now. 🥵

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #282
I've been listening to the news and my heart is just breaking for those of you who are living in the states that are hitting record highs in new cases. It sounds like it is just an awful mess down there. For those of you who this involves please stay home and stay safe. Sending prayers to each and every one of you.

·
Premium Member
17,350 Posts
Kathy, things in TX are pretty awful. We pretty much stay home except for a few doctor appts & grocery stores & are very careful when out. Dwt. has had 3 surgeries (2 of which were cataracts) in the last 2 months. He had waited over a year to get Medicare approval for a surgery on his left leg as one of the valves had not been working for a long time---so he dared not forego it.
I spent 4 hrs. in the ER a wk. ago & the man in the bay next to me was probable covid positive. We all had masks but he & I were the only 2 patients there & shared medical staff. When they realized he was probably positive they took him away rather quickly, but he had been there for about 45 min (his English was not good so it took a while to figure out he had spent the wkend w/his adult daughter who had covid-19). I am in quarantine now until next Friday. I am not worried but it just goes to show you how quickly things can happen out of one's control.

Reactions: jane and addison

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #284 (Edited)
Kathy, things in TX are pretty awful. We pretty much stay home except for a few doctor appts & grocery stores & are very careful when out. Dwt. has had 3 surgeries (2 of which were cataracts) in the last 2 months. He had waited over a year to get Medicare approval for a surgery on his left leg as one of the valves had not been working for a long time---so he dared not forego it.
I spent 4 hrs. in the ER a wk. ago & the man in the bay next to me was probable covid positive. We all had masks but he & I were the only 2 patients there & shared medical staff. When they realized he was probably positive they took him away rather quickly, but he had been there for about 45 min (his English was not good so it took a while to figure out he had spent the wkend w/his adult daughter who had covid-19). I am in quarantine now until next Friday. I am not worried but it just goes to show you how quickly things can happen out of one's control.
Sending you prayers Sandi that you and Dwight both stay healthy. I can't even imagine living where you are right now.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Wishing everyone health and safety. Things here are opening up, but I wonder if it's a bit premature. Still, people are good about mask wearing and social distancing.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Working on a tough puzzle. Saturday Evening Post, Norman Rockwell's Three baseball covers. It keeps my mind off what is going on and keeps me in. Prayers and hugs. View attachment 274582
Addison, Puzzles are very good for keeping the mind stimulated, so important! I read that the average attention span today is 8 SECONDS. Two years ago it was 12 seconds. That is amazingly depressing. I would love to see a picture of your Norman Rockwell puzzle when completed. I love the classic paintings/pictures from Normal Rockwell. In a previous post you said you were doing a Charles Wysocki puzzle. My father loved his work. Every Christmas I used to give him a Charles Wysocki calendar.

My hardest puzzle I have put together was "Indian Baskets" - Not a whole lot of clues going on there. This was not one of my favorites but it was a gift so I needed to complete it. Now it will get donated to the local senior center. I have several dozen Kincaid garden/cottage puzzles up in the attic but the phase I'm in right now I don't want to put those foggy/soft puzzles together. Stay healthy and keep that mind activated! Hugs!

IMG_1362.JPG

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
FIRST (non grocery store) outing in months for Abella & I:

The other day I did get to stop in at the fabric store - which is right next door to my small farmers market grocery store. The store was not busy at all & distancing & masks were required for admittance. I was pleased that Abella did great. I was a little concerned as this was her first outing in a couple months. I wondered what her reaction would be to people wearing masks. She did great. A couple times I was looking at bolts of fabric and left my cart several feet behind me and as usual, she attracted attention and onlookers. I'm thankful she is so very mellow (and NOT a jumper)! She just sits/sleeps quietly in the cart on her mat that I made for her. This was a quick outing as I needed to get home and give her a bath. Thinking it may be a long time before "we" get out again. But this was a nice chance to just look at stuff other than groceries.

IMG_1458.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts

The other day I did get to stop in at the fabric store - which is right next door to my small farmers market grocery store. The store was not busy at all & distancing & masks were required for admittance. I was pleased that Abella did great. I was a little concerned as this was her first outing in a couple months. I wondered what her reaction would be to people wearing masks. She did great. A couple times I was looking at bolts of fabric and left my cart several feet behind me and as usual, she attracted attention and onlookers. I'm thankful she is so very mellow (and NOT a jumper)! She just sits/sleeps quietly in the cart on her mat that I made for her. This was a quick outing as I needed to get home and give her a bath. Thinking it may be a long time before "we" get out again. But this was a nice chance to just look at stuff other than groceries.

View attachment 274584
How cute is this.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #290
Addison, Puzzles are very good for keeping the mind stimulated, so important! I read that the average attention span today is 8 SECONDS. Two years ago it was 12 seconds. That is amazingly depressing. I would love to see a picture of your Norman Rockwell puzzle when completed. I love the classic paintings/pictures from Normal Rockwell. In a previous post you said you were doing a Charles Wysocki puzzle. My father loved his work. Every Christmas I used to give him a Charles Wysocki calendar.

My hardest puzzle I have put together was "Indian Baskets" - Not a whole lot of clues going on there. This was not one of my favorites but it was a gift so I needed to complete it. Now it will get donated to the local senior center. I have several dozen Kincaid garden/cottage puzzles up in the attic but the phase I'm in right now I don't want to put those foggy/soft puzzles together. Stay healthy and keep that mind activated! Hugs!

View attachment 274583
Oh my, this puzzle looks sooooo hard!!!!

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #291

View attachment 274584
Abella is so pretty. She doesn't even look real. She looks like a little stuffed dog sitting there. She also looks so well behaved!!!!

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #296 (Edited)
Well nothing much going on here except it's soooo hot and is supposed to be even hotter all next week.
My birthday was yesterday and it was pretty boring. Couldn't do anything or get together with family. My daughter brought the twins to our backyard for a social distance visit but it wasn't much fun for her because they kept crawling away, each one going in a different direction, and she was steady chasing after them. They are such busy little girls and sooooo adorable!.💕💕💕 I don't get to see the rest of my family because some of the kids are still at the age they don't understand social distancing and would want to come in the house or run up to me for hugs. :cry:
Good news is that our total new cases in all of Canada was only 226 new cases in the past 24 hours and Ontario today is down to just 121 new cases. I hope that Canada Day on July 1st doesn't mess with those numbers .
My heart is thinking of all you guys in the US every time I listen to the news. It's so scary. Sending prayers to everyone to stay safe.

·
Premium Member
24,098 Posts
HAPPY 4Th! Kathy HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY dear friend
We went to Costco a few days ago, so many out of state plates😑
We live in a vacation area so I am pretty sure we will have many cases.
I will never understand why people won't wear masks, its a selfish person
My own son won't wear a mask
I'm watching the local news oh my gosh they are interviewing people who are from California, the lady said her family drove here to have the freedom to not wear a mask😣
We are going to get hit hard. I am not going out for a couple weeks
It makes me so mad,
Now we have fireworks to deal with😐 the fireworks have been going on for a couple days. Maddie gets so scared, no sleep tonight

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Well nothing much going on here except it's soooo hot and is supposed to be even hotter all next week.
My birthday was yesterday and it was pretty boring. Couldn't do anything or get together with family. My daughter brought the twins to our backyard for a social distance visit but it wasn't much fun for her because they kept crawling away, each one going in a different direction, and she was steady chasing after them. They are such busy little girls and sooooo adorable!.💕💕💕 I don't get to see the rest of my family because some of the kids are still at the age they don't understand social distancing and would want to come in the house or run up to me for hugs. :cry:
Good news is that our total new cases in all of Canada was only 226 new cases in the past 24 hours and Ontario today is down to just 121 new cases. I hope that Canada Day on July 1st doesn't mess with those numbers .
My heart is thinking of all you guys in the US every time I listen to the news. It's so scary. Sending prayers to everyone to stay safe.
Happy Belated Birthday Kathy!
It seems like special celebrations aren't very special this special this year with Covids ugly presence constantly looking over our shoulder (Mothers Day, Fathers Day, Birthdays, Graduations, etc). Last night I was thinking about Thanksgiving. Yes I know thats a while off....but I was wondering if we can celebrate that special day with extended family & then there Christmas........ Here in Calif we have halted our opening plan because we have had so many new cases reported. I can't help but wonder if all those thousands that got together to protest, riot and loot had something to do with this new increase in cases. They did not wear masks and did not social distance. Yet nobody seemed to object to their presence. This is all so confusing to me. I'm hunkered down at home going out only for groceries and once in awhile the "call" from the fabric store next door to grocery store pulls me in (no self control)! We as a country just can't afford to completely shut down again. Then there is all the other craziness going on in this country.... Praying an answer to all this can be found very soon.

Thinking we need to take a break from watching the news too!

EU0fg5GWoAARezu.jpeg

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
HAPPY 4Th! Kathy HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY dear friend
We went to Costco a few days ago, so many out of state plates😑
We live in a vacation area so I am pretty sure we will have many cases.
I will never understand why people won't wear masks, its a selfish person
My own son won't wear a mask
I'm watching the local news oh my gosh they are interviewing people who are from California, the lady said her family drove here to have the freedom to not wear a mask😣
We are going to get hit hard. I am not going out for a couple weeks
It makes me so mad,
Now we have fireworks to deal with😐 the fireworks have been going on for a couple days. Maddie gets so scared, no sleep tonight
Paula, I just can't understand why people can't have self control and just follow the rules. We shouldn't need the "mask police" to have to ticket us or reprimand us - Why can't we act like adults? When I go out I do see everyone wearing masks - You can't get in stores without one. I also notice the sterilizing has gotten more relaxed. It used to be that every cart was sterilized before handed to you going into the grocery store....they don't do that anymore. Now you can pick up the bottle of spray disinfectant and do it yourself if you like.

In my county fireworks are illegal - but that doesn't stop people from buying them in other counties and bringing them here. I have been hearing them for days now. Fortunately Abella doesn't seem to care about the loud noises. I'm wondering if this is because I took her out a lot when she was a small puppy and exposed her to lots of different loud sounds/noises (lawn mowers, leaf blowers, motorcycles, police & fire sirens, play grounds, etc.)

Stay safe - stay healthy - continued prayers for you and Lorin - and of coarse Ethan is in my daily prayers too!
🐶 🐾🌻

281 - 300 of 320 Posts