Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

301 - 320 of 455 Posts

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #301
Happy Belated Birthday Kathy!
It seems like special celebrations aren't very special this special this year with Covids ugly presence constantly looking over our shoulder (Mothers Day, Fathers Day, Birthdays, Graduations, etc). Last night I was thinking about Thanksgiving. Yes I know thats a while off....but I was wondering if we can celebrate that special day with extended family & then there Christmas........ Here in Calif we have halted our opening plan because we have had so many new cases reported. I can't help but wonder if all those thousands that got together to protest, riot and loot had something to do with this new increase in cases. They did not wear masks and did not social distance. Yet nobody seemed to object to their presence. This is all so confusing to me. I'm hunkered down at home going out only for groceries and once in awhile the "call" from the fabric store next door to grocery store pulls me in (no self control)! We as a country just can't afford to completely shut down again. Then there is all the other craziness going on in this country.... Praying an answer to all this can be found very soon.

Thinking we need to take a break from watching the news too!

View attachment 274612
I've been thinking about Christmas to. I'm starting to think we won't will be able to celebrate with family :cry:.
I LOVE this picture :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. I needed that laugh! The person is just missing a big pair of goggles for her eyes. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #304
Well my day just got ruined. Every year my next door neighbour will foster a young dog ( mostly poodles) that will be going into training for service dogs once they are old enough. Right now they are fostering an 11 month old standard poodle.
A little while ago when I was by the kitchen window I heard a lot of birds screeching outside. I ran out to see what was going on....... I had never heard noise like that before. The neighbours dog had gotten hold of a baby robin. There was about 6 adult robins that tried coming to the rescue. They were screaming and diving at the dog and feathers where flying everywhere. My neighbour ( in tears) got the baby out of the dogs mouth. Unfortunately I watched this baby robin gasping for breath for about 5 minutes before it died. It broke my heart to see this happen and it broke my heart to see the parent birds sitting on the roof screaming and watching their baby. This is the second baby bird that this dog has gotten so needless to say I really don't like this dog.😥😥😥
I found it totally amazing though that any robin that was in the vicinity came to try to help the parents save their baby. Nature is truly amazing!
I wonder if the parent birds grieve for their baby or is this just a part of life to them?

·
Premium Member
981 Posts
That is so sad. Are poodles hunters? If its in their DNA I don't think it can be stopped??? I'm hoping that with the intense service dog training he will learn not to respond to birds and wild life. I agree nature is amazing. Elephants will grieve their loss for a long time.

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #306
That is so sad. Are poodles hunters? If its in their DNA I don't think it can be stopped??? I'm hoping that with the intense service dog training he will learn not to respond to birds and wild life. I agree nature is amazing. Elephants will grieve their loss for a long time.
They told me that yes, poodles are hunters. I would have never thought that they had a hunting instinct. I'm just not sure if this dog will succeed in becoming a service dog. It seems a lot more hyper than any of the other ones they have fostered. I'm so sad about the baby bird.

·
Premium Member
981 Posts
My youngest daughter, hubby and their 4 kids have been visiting her sisters family in IL. They spent the past two weeks hiking/camping and enjoying the amazing outdoors. I only wish I could have been with them. Maybe next year. Below is a picture of all 8 of my grandkids & a picture of my youngest daughter and her husband by the waterfall. I also am attaching an amazing picture she just sent me from O'Hare airport - love the flags. They are headed back home to Calif today.

IMG_1479.JPG
IMG_1474.JPG
IMG_1629.JPG

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #308
Those are wonderful pictures Paulann. LOVE all the grandkids and it's a beautiful picture of your daughter and her husband by the waterfall. It sounds like a wonderful vacation. That is something we all could use . :(

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #309 (Edited)
You know this virus has gone on too long when last time you got to be with your twin granddaughters, without having to social distance, they had just learned to crawl and sit up by themselves and now, as of today, they both just started walking and I have missed everything in between and we're still having to social distance. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
981 Posts
You know this virus has gone on too long when last time you got to be with your twin granddaughters, without having to social distance, they had just learned to crawl and sit up by themselves and now, as of today, they both just started walking and I have missed everything in between and we're still having to social distance. :rolleyes:
Kathy, I so agree. Months, weeks, days just keep speeding by us and it seems we are stuck in a never ending holding pattern just waiting and waiting and waiting......... Frustrating!

EV3d2R8UYAADeGr.jpeg

·
Premium Member
981 Posts
So precious! Wow they have grown so much! Cuteness doubled. What a blessing. I am thankful we at least can share pictures with each other instantly. So much better that having to drop off rolls of film to be developed and wait for processing. Am I dating myself? Does anyone else remember those days?

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #313
So precious! Wow they have grown so much! Cuteness doubled. What a blessing. I am thankful we at least can share pictures with each other instantly. So much better that having to drop off rolls of film to be developed and wait for processing. Am I dating myself? Does anyone else remember those days?
I remember those days

·
Premium Member
981 Posts
Today is a rough day. I'm feeling so very isolated. Amazing how ones emotions can be on such a roller coaster. It's like I have two different voices going on in my head. One says "Just get busy" - "Find a project to throw yourself into" - "Your a mature adult. You can handle this"........... The other voice says "Crawl into bed with Abella and pull the covers over your head" - "This will NEVER end - You will die a lonely old isolated grandma...." Crazy how day to day emotions can change.

On another note. I woke up today and my usual pure white Abella with her silky pretty coat looks very grayish. How did this happen overnight? Did she sneak out last night and have a "rendezvous"??? Or did I just not have my glasses on yesterday? I guess its Spa Day today for her.

Corona Virus:
I just heard a report from the CDC that 75% of those testing positive for the virus have no symptoms. I'm thinking thats good news. More being tested just because the test is available even though they aren't sick or anything. I don't know??

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #315
Today is a rough day. I'm feeling so very isolated. Amazing how ones emotions can be on such a roller coaster. It's like I have two different voices going on in my head. One says "Just get busy" - "Find a project to throw yourself into" - "Your a mature adult. You can handle this"........... The other voice says "Crawl into bed with Abella and pull the covers over your head" - "This will NEVER end - You will die a lonely old isolated grandma...." Crazy how day to day emotions can change.

On another note. I woke up today and my usual pure white Abella with her silky pretty coat looks very grayish. How did this happen overnight? Did she sneak out last night and have a "rendezvous"??? Or did I just not have my glasses on yesterday? I guess its Spa Day today for her.

Corona Virus:
I just heard a report from the CDC that 75% of those testing positive for the virus have no symptoms. I'm thinking thats good news. More being tested just because the test is available even though they aren't sick or anything. I don't know??
I know the roller coaster ride. Today I was just saying to my hubby that I wished we could move to another planet where there is no virus. Here in Canada we are much better off than you guys ( knock on wood) . Canada's total cases since the pandemic began is about the same as the US saw in just 2 or 3 days this past week. My heart goes out to you guys.
It's so hot here that we can't even go for a walk for something to do and I am sooooo bored. Poor Pipper is bored too.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I am blown away how there are so many people behaving like this pandemic is normal. No one has masks on. No one has gloves on. There are nearly 56,000 confirmed cases in my state with 685 deaths. What don’t people understand about that. I have over a dozen friends who have been diagnosed and I am frustrated. How do we get people to understand. I’m so angry I want to cry!!!

·
Registered
72 Posts

Corona Virus:
This is not easy. I’m sorry your feeling so up and down. I wish we could all do more for each other. Prayers. Hang in there Abella’s Mommy. (Sorry I don’t know your real name) We love you.

·
Premium Member
24,143 Posts
Kathy the girls are growing so fast, it doesn't seem fair you aren't able to hold them and love on them
I pray for you and your family, I am so glad you have grandkids, how is the littlest grandaughther doing, it would be fun to see the three of them playing

Paulann I so understand how you feel, some days are better, I wonder if we will ever get back room somewhat normal.
Its especially hard not being able to be with our loved ones.
I'm praying for you I think if people would take the coronvirus serious and wear their masks many of us would feel safe to go out and shop etc
I think people are in denial because they don't know someone ill.

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #319 (Edited)
Kathy the girls are growing so fast, it doesn't seem fair you aren't able to hold them and love on them
I pray for you and your family, I am so glad you have grandkids, how is the littlest grandaughther doing, it would be fun to see the three of them playing

Paulann I so understand how you feel, some days are better, I wonder if we will ever get back room somewhat normal.
Its especially hard not being able to be with our loved ones.
I'm praying for you I think if people would take the coronvirus serious and wear their masks many of us would feel safe to go out and shop etc
I think people are in denial because they don't know someone ill.
Paula, my youngest granddaughter is getting so big. I will put a picture of her and then one of the twins for comparison. She is bigger than the twins but 5 months younger. I dont get to see her because her brother and sister don't understand social distancing. She has been away from us for half her life now so she's not going to know us if this ever gets over and life returns to normal. It's hard not to have bad days thinking like this.

·
Registered
4,177 Posts
Do any of you subscribe to Max Lucado's page on FB? He has encouraging messages every morning that I love to wake up to. I will keep all of you in my prayers. I have some days when I feel pretty down, but overall I'm doing pretty okay in this situation. I'm not afraid of contracting Covid at all, but I'm taking all the proper precautions to stay safe and keep my community safe. Most people in my Nor Cal town are very good about masking and social distancing.

301 - 320 of 455 Posts