Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

321 - 339 of 339 Posts

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
Belle got sick last night and vomited. I took her to the doctor and she could not find any reason, so she is on a bland diet for the next several days. What a wonderful life this is. View attachment 274641
Oh No!!!
I too hope Belle will be feeling better very soon. And be back to her usual self very soon
Has she had tummy issues in the past?

Hugs and prayers to both you and Belle!
🐶 🐾🌻

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
Out Hiking I saw this amazing tree:
If trees could talk - What kind of stories would they tell? The bark, the branches, the structure is truly amazing.
I remember when I was in grade school we lived in an area that had huge oak trees with cows and bulls grazing. I would love to climb one of the trees and sit and do my homework - Yes, I was a tom-girl! Looking back I sure wonder why my mom let me go there with all the bulls around.....of coarse back then everything was so different. Can you imagine the awesome tree house you could build in the tree below? Wishing I was younger and still could climb a tree and read a book in it.

Summers were long evening games outside playing hide-and-seek till very late with the neighbor kids and the baseball games we had going on in our court were wonderful with moms, dads and all ages of kid playing together. Neighborhoods were so safe and everybody knew each other and watched out for each other..
👍 🌞

9f736f5eab6da477a88df6f559cb3753.jpg

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #326
Out Hiking I saw this amazing tree:
If trees could talk - What kind of stories would they tell? The bark, the branches, the structure is truly amazing.
I remember when I was in grade school we lived in an area that had huge oak trees with cows and bulls grazing. I would love to climb one of the trees and sit and do my homework - Yes, I was a tom-girl! Looking back I sure wonder why my mom let me go there with all the bulls around.....of coarse back then everything was so different. Can you imagine the awesome tree house you could build in the tree below? Wishing I was younger and still could climb a tree and read a book in it.

Summers were long evening games outside playing hide-and-seek till very late with the neighbor kids and the baseball games we had going on in our court were wonderful with moms, dads and all ages of kid playing together. Neighborhoods were so safe and everybody knew each other and watched out for each other..
👍 🌞

View attachment 274642
Oh I love that tree. I loved making up stories for trees when I was a kid. When I was growing up there was a tree on our front yard that had an upside down "U" on the bottom of it where the bark was missing. It wasn't a hole, just an area where there was no bark. I convinced myself that it was the door to a mouse hole and that mice could open the door and lived in the tree. Sometimes fairies went in the tree to visit the mice. ;)

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #329
I'm having a sad day. I'm missing all my kids and grandkids. I haven't seen my son and his family in 4 months. I have NEVER went that long without seeing him.
I'm really really missing my Mom today. I wish Heaven had a phone. 😥

·
Premium Member
17,353 Posts
I'm having a sad day. I'm missing all my kids and grandkids. I haven't seen my son and his family in 4 months. I have NEVER went that long without seeing him.
Kathy, I am so sorry you are not doing well! Life is sometimes cruel. Prayers that you will be soon feeling more positive & that you can have contact w/your lovely family.

Reactions: jane and addison

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #331
Kathy, I am so sorry you are not doing well! Life is sometimes cruel. Prayers that you will be soon feeling more positive & that you can have contact w/your lovely family.
Thanks Sandi. Today is better. I know we are all feeling the same way. It just comes in waves where somedays I'm really feeling the emptiness of not being with my family combined with wishing I had my Mom to talk to.

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
Kathy - I'm sorry yesterday was such a hard day for you - praying today is better for you ...... I agree with your wish for Heaven to have a toll free number to each of our family members residing in their beautiful custom mansions.....or Skype or Zoom or whatever has visual would be even better! Hugs!!!!

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
I know how you are feeling because I feel that way also. My Mom passed in 1996 and Jane passed in 2017, I still talk to them as needed. Today I am going to mop the kitchen floor just for something to do. Not that it needs it. Prayers and hugs.
I also talk a lot to my Nephew that passed away last Valentines Day. I'm thankful he is now cancer & pain free but I miss him so much! One day we will see our loved ones again - What a day that will be!

As far as cleaning goes - When I get mad I get in the super cleaning mood. Sometimes I wish I'd get mad more often! lol!
Hugs & prayers sent your way my friend.....

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
Kathy,
When you started this "Keeping In Touch" Thread at the beginning of the Covid Virus did you have any idea it would grow so large? 7,000 views!!!
It has been so very helpful and I'm glad we have this thread to vent, share, encourage, laugh together, or whatever strikes our mood of the day.
SM Family is awesome!

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #337
Kathy,
When you started this "Keeping In Touch" Thread at the beginning of the Covid Virus did you have any idea it would grow so large? 7,000 views!!!
It has been so very helpful and I'm glad we have this thread to vent, share, encourage, laugh together, or whatever strikes our mood of the day.
SM Family is awesome!
I never dreamed this thread would grow so large because I never dreamed the virus would be around this long. I dumbly thought it would only be a few weeks and then it would just go away. I just never imagined that it would become this big and affect the whole world. Having this thread helps get through the rough days because we are all going through and feeling the same things and we are all in this together.

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
We here in CA are going backwards! Our Governor just announced:

California Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) on Monday ordered the shut down of bars and indoor dining statewide and directed churches, gyms, and hair salons to close in 30 counties as the state experiences a rise in Chinese coronavirus cases.

“We’ve made this point on multiple occasions and that is we’re moving back into a modification mode of our original stay-at-home order,” Newsom said in a press conference. “This continues to be a deadly disease.”

Several counties say they will not reopen until there are NO new cases for 1 week. If thats true we may not open until 2040...... There will always be a few new cases as long as testing continues. I may not get to see my grandchildren get married! HoHum!!! I just want to get on with life!

😷 o_O

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #339
We here in CA are going backwards! Our Governor just announced:

California Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) on Monday ordered the shut down of bars and indoor dining statewide and directed churches, gyms, and hair salons to close in 30 counties as the state experiences a rise in Chinese coronavirus cases.

“We’ve made this point on multiple occasions and that is we’re moving back into a modification mode of our original stay-at-home order,” Newsom said in a press conference. “This continues to be a deadly disease.”

Several counties say they will not reopen until there are NO new cases for 1 week. If thats true we may not open until 2040...... There will always be a few new cases as long as testing continues. I may not get to see my grandchildren get married! HoHum!!! I just want to get on with life!

😷 o_O
Paulann I'm sorry to hear that everything is going in the wrong direction for you. The different ways this virus manifests itself and the long term effects some people are having is unbelievable. It's unbelievable that they think this whole thing started with a small little bat, which I consider to be one of the ugliest creatures on this earth.
I hear the numbers on the news for the US every day and it's so scary. I would be terrified.
Here in Ontario we are down to an average of about 120 new cases per day for the past week or two so that's amazing compared to what the US is having. In my county, as of right now, there are no active cases!!!!! On Friday, parts of Ontario are moving to stage 3 of reopening so I pray that goes well and we don't see a surge in cases in a few weeks. We still have to social distance though even with the reopening.

321 - 339 of 339 Posts