Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

21 - 40 of 320 Posts

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
I'm going to put up my outside Christmas decorations and lights around my outside windows, gutters and doors! Maybe even throw in some Valentines and 4th of July???
SMILES desperately needed these days!

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Today is one of my granddaughter's 10th birthday. Since we all can't be together for her birthday we got in our own cars decorated with balloons and Happy Birthday banners and drove past her house like a parade, honking horns and throwing candy and birthday presents out on her front lawn for her. She was very happy with that.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Kathy,
How fun & special!
I love how creative people get in times of need. I'm sure your granddaughter will remember this birthday for a very long time! I hope they took some pictures of the caravan driving by. I would love if you could post one in memory of this special 10th Birthday. I'm really hoping this will be over by the time the twins have their one year birthday - Grandma needs to attend that special day!

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Well today was exciting. I got to see my oldest granddaughter and the twins. My daughter came over and they sat at one end of my yard and I sat at the other end. It's the first time I've seen them in 4 weeks! It's not as good as a normal visit where I can play with and hold the babies but it's better than nothing. My oldest granddaughter gave me an " air hug" when they left. That's what she called it. She hugged the air at the other side of my yard and told me that it was me she was hugging. That air hug felt so good. ❤

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Well today was exciting. I got to see my oldest granddaughter and the twins. My daughter came over and they sat at one end of my yard and I sat at the other end. It's the first time I've seen them in 4 weeks! It's not as good as a normal visit where I can play with and hold the babies but it's better than nothing. My oldest granddaughter gave me an " air hug" when they left. That's what she called it. She hugged the air at the other side of my yard and told me that it was me she was hugging. That air hug felt so good. ❤
Kathy, I am so happy for you - what a wonderful treat! I am also very jealous.
🌺 💖

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
I have been posting my status on Facebook each morning. I could also do the same here if it is needed. It is good just to know what is going on with each. Stay safe, prayers and hugs.
Sue,
I would like if you could post your updates here on SM in addition to Facebook. I for one am not on Facebook at this time. I agree it is good to know what is going on in each of our lives and encouraging one another. I'm guessing you are probably under "House Arrest" like most of the country. Stay safe - Sending socially acceptable hugs. 🐶 🐾

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Major Cabin fever! Very dreary day here in Northern Calif - cloudy & pouring rain. Miss the sun. Miss neighbors walking their dogs and stopping to chit chat and smell the flowers - even sending some home with fresh picked bouquets.

Whats with this latest news telling us to not to even go to the grocery store or pharmacy? I guess they are putting us all on diets and assuming we have unlimited supplies of our mediations? I"m wondering if I should dig up some of my much loved flower beds and plant veggies? Several of our counties now have requirements to wear masks when outside. Seems strange as we are not suppose to be outside.

646f7a6f73947cdec3e1bf7e0bc33c4c.jpeg.max800.jpeg

·
Premium Member
17,350 Posts
I have planted my above ground garden- only one but tightly planted. I am putting out my urns w/cucumbers this week, instead of my normal flowers. I do believe we are in this for the long haul. I have several very large pots planted w/citrus & tomatoes. I want to plant a few more veggies soon but the rain is holding me back. I want to be self-sustaining, whatever that means.

Reactions: pippersmom

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
It's funny because I had just said to my husband that too bad we couldn't plant a veggie garden and then we wouldn't have to worry about groceries very much but to plant a garden you need seeds and to buy seeds you need stores open that sell them. :confused:. I want the world back to normal and sometimes get scared that isn't ever going to happen.

·
Premium Member
24,098 Posts
Cabin fever here also, its still cold , snowed yesterday but melted.
I am sooooooooo looking forward to sitting out on our porch.
I keep reminding myself that things could be worse.
Yesterday Tammy and Charity and Lorin and I spent about 1/2 hour on zoom.
I was able to see Ethan and show him I still have the sloths he had gave me from Christmas
He's looking so grown up
Charity was looking so pretty, her hair is so long, and then their was Tammy in her pjs🤣 mind you it was 2 pm
Tammy has her little puppy, it was awesome seeing how he is growing, she taught him to roll over, soooo cute
Dementruis my older 8 year old has been staying out there, his momma is still working at a child day center.

Lorin went to Wal-Mart this morning, they have changed everything, only 20 people in the store at a time, one person per cart, he said the aisles were blocked off so you could only go one way.
You had to have 6ft apart, he said the shelves were full, except the toilet paper, of course there hasn't been any for weeks
We are trying to only shop every two weeks, tomorrow is senior day at Costco so Lorin will go one last time, we need the pee pads there and a few things.
We have our prescriptions filled and when they are do its drive up at Walgreens
Our vet sent a text he is open, but he will talk with you by phone before he decides if he is to see you, except emergency visits.

I have two boxes of masks because of Ethan, so I am going to put a few masks( with gloves on ) in gallon bags and a couple rolls of toliet paper and put them on a few of my neighbors porches normally I give them gifts but they will use these for sure and later after all this is behind us we will get a good belly laugh

I can see how people would become depressed especially when the weather is so overcast and cold
Just want you to know I am holding you each up in prayer
The next to weeks are going to be scary for sure

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
All is well here in Central Ohio except that its raining so no dog walks for now. Its hard to not be depressed when its cloudy and gloomy. My two love going for walks and that has been my only outings since March 15. My adult children bring my all I need. I will try to post a picture of Tinkerbelle (Belle) and Peter Pan (Petey) at Christmas Time. Prayers and hugs.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Things in Va are challenging, as I’m sure many of feel in your own areas. I’m constantly astounded, disheartened and genuinely ticked off at the selfishness of people who refuse to stay home and opt to socialize or shop instead. I took flowers to my my Dads grave over the weekend (in remembrance of his birthday), as I knew the cemetery would be empty and it’s in a park area. No need to worry about social distancing there. It was the first time I’d started my car in a couple of weeks, and thankfully it turned on without issue. Anyway, while I was out I drove around for about another 15 minutes. The Home Depot parking lot was packed. It made me sick. The entitlement, selfishness... it’s just too much. Sorry, I’m not in a great headspace today. Maybe tomorrow will be better. Love to you all.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Things in Va are challenging, as I’m sure many of feel in your own areas. I’m constantly astounded, disheartened and genuinely ticked off at the selfishness of people who refuse to stay home and opt to socialize or shop instead. I took flowers to my my Dads grave over the weekend (in remembrance of his birthday), as I knew the cemetery would be empty and it’s in a park area. No need to worry about social distancing there. It was the first time I’d started my car in a couple of weeks, and thankfully it turned on without issue. Anyway, while I was out I drove around for about another 15 minutes. The Home Depot parking lot was packed. It made me sick. The entitlement, selfishness... it’s just too much. Sorry, I’m not in a great headspace today. Maybe tomorrow will be better. Love to you all.
We have people right on our street who are getting together in the evenings to socialize and they are letting their kids play together. This makes me sooooo angry. 😡

·
Premium Member
24,098 Posts
I looked out my window earlier my next door neighbors were sitting outside next to one another like nothing's going on.
Mind you they are in their mid 60's, my one neighbor has diabetes and has had health issues, last week we had 6 neighbors all sitting together with grandkids running around their yard.
Lorin and I love our neighbors but we both agree we will not be apart of this.
This is how the conavirus will never end😶
We each have a story don't we🤐

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I looked out my window earlier my next door neighbors were sitting outside next to one another like nothing's going on.
Mind you they are in their mid 60's, my one neighbor has diabetes and has had health issues, last week we had 6 neighbors all sitting together with grandkids running around their yard.
Lorin and I love our neighbors but we both agree we will not be apart of this.
This is how the conavirus will never end😶
We each have a story don't we🤐
It really frustrates me because it's because of people like this that will keep the virus spreading. People just don't seem to understand what social distancing means.

21 - 40 of 320 Posts