Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

381 - 400 of 464 Posts

·
Registered
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #381
So we went to Petco this morning I couldn't believe my eyes, there were garage sale signs everywhere 😐
I don't understand people. Do they not listen to the news. Have they not heard about the hundreds of thousands of lives that have already been lost to this virus. Have they not heard of the long term lasting effects and maybe permanent damage this virus is doing to peoples bodies. I just shake my head every day at peoples lack of knowledge and understanding of how to try to prevent this from getting worse and worse. :cry:

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
Paula, Here I am seeing the same thing. We have a state wide order that masks are required - inside & outside! Along with social distancing of 6 feet. I do see people wearing their mask at stores - clerks are stationed at the door and don't let you in without one. But out on the streets/sidewalks people congregate with no mask and no distancing. I'm wondering if people are just weary of the whole Covid thing and the "newness" has worn off - short attention span? I'm frustrated at what I see. Today we learned that our mayor passed away last night of Covid. He was 57. I do not know if there were other circumstances involved (diabetes, asthma, etc). So very very sad! I'm praying for Idaho along with my state and other affected states. Wearing a mask and social distancing isn't that hard!!!!! PLEASE Stay at home as much as possible!
😷 👍😘

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
CREATIVITY ABOUNDS!
Masks can be a fashion statement!
I have to make me one like this!
Pink is my favorite color....LOL!

img.jpg

Reactions: pippersmom

·
Premium Member
17,397 Posts
I have been a happy camper this afternoon because we FINALLY got a little rain---out of the hurricane that hit south Texas today! I just stood & watched it! I invited Kitzi & Lisi to go for a walk & they both declined! I even took pictures of Dwt. grilling in the rain. It was absolutely heavenly & so, so needed. We have had a partial drought, w. some/water restrictions. I am hopeful we will get more in the night.
My DD had a small fire last week in her condo (toaster oven caught on fire, fire-alarm went off & house was filled w/smoke so not serious, & then the next day they had a real flood. It hit all of the condos in the unit where she lives & she found out her household insurance does not cover flooding. The HOA brought in professionals to extract the water from the basements & put down dehumidifiers & fans. The people next door have been gone since spring so the HOA had to go in & try to get the water out---she said they will come home to mold. Our little baby Sven slept through everything---fire & flood. I had a long visit w/him today & he got really excited when we held up Kitzi & Lisi for him to see. I had sent him a Brio stacking clown last week & he loves it! He is really moving around a lot & fast so my DD is busy, busy, busy. I wish I could hold him!

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
I have been a happy camper this afternoon because we FINALLY got a little rain---out of the hurricane that hit south Texas today! I just stood & watched it! I invited Kitzi & Lisi to go for a walk & they both declined! I even took pictures of Dwt. grilling in the rain. It was absolutely heavenly & so, so needed. We have had a partial drought, w. some/water restrictions. I am hopeful we will get more in the night.
My DD had a small fire last week in her condo (toaster oven caught on fire, fire-alarm went off & house was filled w/smoke so not serious, & then the next day they had a real flood. It hit all of the condos in the unit where she lives & she found out her household insurance does not cover flooding. The HOA brought in professionals to extract the water from the basements & put down dehumidifiers & fans. The people next door have been gone since spring so the HOA had to go in & try to get the water out---she said they will come home to mold. Our little baby Sven slept through everything---fire & flood. I had a long visit w/him today & he got really excited when we held up Kitzi & Lisi for him to see. I had sent him a Brio stacking clown last week & he loves it! He is really moving around a lot & fast so my DD is busy, busy, busy. I wish I could hold him!
Sandi, I am so glad you got RAIN! ow I wish we here in Calif would get rain in the summer! Nothing deep waters a yard as well as Gods water does. I'm praying that there won't be flooding in TX (too much of a good thing). My 90 year old mother lives in Magnolia on many wooded acres and gets flooded very often. Thankful your DD is safe from both disasters last week. I'm thinking angels and grandmas prayers were definitely watching over her household. Praying all the water can be extracted/dried so no mold develops and that the cost will be covered from some unknown at this time source. You, Lisi & Kitzi are daily in my prayers. Your sister in Christ.

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
My Granddaughter loves everything about dogs & likes to walk neighbors dogs. Now that she has learned she will not be going back to school next month she has decided to start a small neighborhood dog walking business and is making business cards to promote her business. I think she has such beautiful calligraphy. I'm wishing her much success in this new adventure.
🐶 🐾🌻

IMG_1936.jpg
IMG_1937.JPG

·
Registered
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #392
My Granddaughter loves everything about dogs & likes to walk neighbors dogs. Now that she has learned she will not be going back to school next month she has decided to start a small neighborhood dog walking business and is making business cards to promote her business. I think she has such beautiful calligraphy. I'm wishing her much success in this new adventure.
🐶 🐾🌻

View attachment 274733 View attachment 274734
That's a great idea. How old is Chloe? Is she sad to not be going back to school?

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
COVID POSITIVE!
My son-in-law was having a high temperature and trouble breathing two nights ago. He went in to emergency and the test came back positive. Apparently he got it from his best friend across the street and that friend got it from relatives visiting from out of state...and so it spreads. He is young and will be fine. I'm praying that my daughter won't get it (or the kids) AND they were all over my house for my birthday last week (masks were worn). Doctor is pretty sure he wasn't contagious at that time. Just to be safe I'm self isolating and not leaving the house at all for the recomendated time.

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
That's a great idea. How old is Chloe? Is she sad to not be going back to school?
Kathy, Chloe is turning 13 this Thursday. She LOVES school and misses it. I rarely see her that she doesn't have a book in her hands reading - whenever she comes over she goes home with a stack of books from my library. She also plays the flute in an orchestra and plays the piano beautifuly. She is the oldest and the characteristics of oldest child she definitely has. Interesting to see the differences from sibling to sibling. Variety is the spice of life - I love them ALL!!!

·
Registered
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #396
Kathy, Chloe is turning 13 this Thursday. She LOVES school and misses it. I rarely see her that she doesn't have a book in her hands reading - whenever she comes over she goes home with a stack of books from my library. She also plays the flute in an orchestra and plays the piano beautifuly. She is the oldest and the characteristics of oldest child she definitely has. Interesting to see the differences from sibling to sibling. Variety is the spice of life - I love them ALL!!!
Chloe is very talented !

381 - 400 of 464 Posts