Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

401 - 420 of 464 Posts

·
Registered
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #405
Well we now have 3 souls that have passed here, within a little over a week, we have more than 150 more with coronvirus
We are past 1300.
Its only going to get worse.😐
If people would only wear masks and social distance. It's really not a lot to ask and it would save so many lives. 😥

Is that number for your area or for your whole state. Ontario has had a total of almost 39,000 as of yesterday but also yesterday for the first time since early March we only had 76 new cases in 24 hrs. I'm not going to get my hopes up though.

·
Super Moderator
9,645 Posts
We are rather fortunate, our county had only had one confirmed case. To date we have had 45 deaths, most of those very early, sadly in nursing homes. Things can however change in a moment.

·
Registered
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #408
My daughter went into Subway to get her family lunch the other day. She ordered her food and once they gave it to her she realized that the person preparing the food was the only person in the whole place who was NOT wearing a mask. All the other employees and customers had masks on. If this person has health issues that prevent her from wearing a mask then she should NOT being the one preparing the food!!!!!!!
Now I'm going to worry that the food could have possibly been contaminated.

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
My daughter went into Subway to get her family lunch the other day. She ordered her food and once they gave it to her she realized that the person preparing the food was the only person in the whole place who was NOT wearing a mask. All the other employees and customers had masks on. If this person has health issues that prevent her from wearing a mask then she should NOT being the one preparing the food!!!!!!!
Now I'm going to worry that the food could have possibly been contaminated.
Kathy,
How is this possible? :mad:
Did your daughter ask to talk to the manager or at least call and file a complaint?

·
Registered
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #412
Kathy,
How is this possible? :mad:
Did your daughter ask to talk to the manager or at least call and file a complaint?
She wrote to head office but hasn't gotten a response from them yet. If this person TRULY can't wear a mask ( and I have a hard time believing most excuses for not wearing one ) then why couldn't she at least wear a face shield. A shield doesn't restrict anyone's breathing and it would at least offer some protection.

·
Registered
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #413
I just got back from a walk and noticed that less than 2 blocks from my house is a whole family of peregrine falcons! They were all flying around and screeching. OMG is this why all my orioles have disappeared. Even if the adults have started their migration south I should have had some babies around. Falcons prey on smaller birds. OMG what if they ate all my baby orioles. I actually witnessed one of the young falcons try to catch a bird but thankfully it was unsuccessful. I'm not happy about the falcons at all. This is the part of nature I do NOT like.......the predatory part.:cry:

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
I just got back from a walk and noticed that less than 2 blocks from my house is a whole family of peregrine falcons! They were all flying around and screeching. OMG is this why all my orioles have disappeared. Even if the adults have started their migration south I should have had some babies around. Falcons prey on smaller birds. OMG what if they ate all my baby orioles. I actually witnessed one of the young falcons try to catch a bird but thankfully it was unsuccessful. I'm not happy about the falcons at all. This is the part of nature I do NOT like.......the predatory part.:cry:
Oh Kathy....That is so ironic. I just heard all kinds of screeching in my front yard and went outside. Their were 3 Blue Jays terrorizing my Hummingbirds. I HATE Blue Jays! They are so aggressive. They didn't even care I was out there. I got my hose and super spray nozzle and let them have a "power washing!" GRRRR! Leave my Hummingbirds alone! You mess with them you mess with me!

Wondering if there is something in the air....Your Falcons my Blue Jays being VERY aggressive! I agree this part of nature stinks!
:mad:

·
Registered
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #415
I LOVE that you sprayed the Blue Jays. I had no idea they were aggressive birds. Glad I haven't seen any near my house. My hummingbirds are almost like family.

I have no idea why falcons are living here in a neighborhood. That's kind of strange I think.

·
Registered
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #417
A few months ago we went to Fred Meyer (a grocery chain)
Lorin went to the deli to buy his chicken, the guy who was
waiting on him didn't have a mask on or gloves
When we went to pay I told the cashier
You would think the manager would put the guy in the back
Exactly Paula. That's why my daughter was so upset about Subway. There were 2 other employees, both of them WERE wearing masks so it should have been one of them that was preparing the food, not the only employee who wasn't wearing a mask

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
:mad: :mad: :mad:
If customers are required to wear masks employees should even more so be required to wear masks!

This morning Dr Fauchi said he thinks everybody should wear goggles along with their mask.
Not just for Covid but for flu season as well. I can't say I would go along with this request......I'm so hoping this won't become a mandate/requirement. I already hate not being able to smile at people the goggles would just be my tipping point of rebellion I think. We just need a speedy vaccine - I hear several are in the pipeline.
👍

·
Registered
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #419
:mad: :mad: :mad:
If customers are required to wear masks employees should even more so be required to wear masks!

This morning Dr Fauchi said he thinks everybody should wear goggles along with their mask.
Not just for Covid but for flu season as well. I can't say I would go along with this request......I'm so hoping this won't become a mandate/requirement. I already hate not being able to smile at people the goggles would just be my tipping point of rebellion I think. We just need a speedy vaccine - I hear several are in the pipeline.
👍
I heard that Canada hasn't put in a pre order yet for vaccines so if and when one is approved, there will be a lot of countries ahead of us for getting it. 😒

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
😂😂😂😂😂
I NEED a haircut so bad............
I guess I'll just wait for my hair salon to open!
😂😂😂😂😂

238d7a6f5efe15be8cb5d5d07b112985.jpg

401 - 420 of 464 Posts