·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
In the past 24 hrs we have had the biggest jump so far in cases. 😟

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Friday morning April 10. Feels like February 10 here , cold (30 and 40 ) cloudy. I and the dogs are well. Just got a big (16lb ) bag of dog food from Chewy's. It is sitting in the garage till I feel sure i can bring it in safely. Prayers and hugs to all.

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
It snowed here overnight and is freezing cold outside. When my husand walked Pipper this morning he came home and told me about a huge gathering he saw on the street. As I was getting angrier and angrier about this gathering of "people" he then laughed and told me the huge gathering was actually wild turkeys. He said there was at least 15 wild turkeys just walking down the street. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Our neighbors had their grandkids over this afternoon, everyone outside playing.
It doesn't seem fair being I can't see mine.
I wish the police would be patrolling and see them.
That's so annoying. It's because of people like this that the virus will keep spreading. Don't they realize that we all miss our families and we all would love to spend time with our families but the longer people don't practice social distancing, the longer we will be kept apart.

Reactions: jane and addison

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
It will be a strange Easter but I guess its our new normal. I hate this new normal. All is well here, Its to be cold/cool for the next week so no spring now. Happy Easter to all stay in stay healthy and stay alive. Prayers and hugs.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
I agree this will be a strange Easter. I will miss being at Easter services and watching all the kids having their Easter egg hunt afterwards.... and the fellowship. Most of all I am missing my family and grandkids. Praying this will be over soon.

On my short morning walk with Abella one of my neighbors did this. So very appropriate this year.

a182a30dbc5ec7bef08b818d68c08975.jpeg.max546.jpeg

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Happy Easter everyone.

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Our small town just had a second confirmed case.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
I really think Abella is bored. I feel sorry for her. She is used to going everywhere with me and loves meeting new people and being on the go. Now it seems she spends most of her time napping and wanting to be on my lap - Sadly the highlight of her day seems to be getting fed & groomed. I try and entertain her but I feel I am failing miserably. Perhaps I'm projecting my feelings on to her? Both of us are looking forward to "normal" life again..........SOON!
🐶 🐾

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I really think Abella is bored. I feel sorry for her. She is used to going everywhere with me and loves meeting new people and being on the go. Now it seems she spends most of her time napping and wanting to be on my lap - Sadly the highlight of her day seems to be getting fed & groomed. I try and entertain her but I feel I am failing miserably. Perhaps I'm projecting my feelings on to her? Both of us are looking forward to "normal" life again..........SOON!
🐶 🐾
Are you allowed to still take her out for walks. Poor girl would have no idea why she can't go places and meet people. We still walk Pipper but I'm starting to find it's getting too scary . There are people all over the place so we always cross to the other side of the road when we see someone coming but it kind of annoys me that we are always the ones to cross the street. I feel like the people coming towards us on the sidewalk have no intentions of crossing to keep a distance between us. I still see them walking in large groups too even though there is supposed to be no more than 2 people together and you have to be from the same household. I almost would like to stop the walks but worried it would stress Pipper out too much. He's already so confused with my hubby working from home and can sense things aren't normal so I want to keep some routine in his life. Sure would be nice to not find a walk stressful.

·
Premium Member
17,350 Posts
Add, so happy for you! It makes me smile!

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
[QUOTE="edelweiss, post: 4208344, me
Add, so happy for you! It makes me smile!
[/QUOTE]All is well here. Glad the face time made you smile. Smiles are important now.Stay in , stay healthy and stay alive. Prayers and hugs.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Just checking in on everyone. Thought I’d share a quick story about the weekend with you. I was looking out the window yesterday and saw a lab run fast down the street and then a truck going quickly too. I threw on some clothes and went in search. It was a neighbors newly adopted dog who is very scared. He’s a beautiful dog, but he’s very timid. The truck that I’d seen was another neighbor who’d seen him get loose. We kept sight of him for about 3 hours ( tracking him down roads and watching the woods), but we could not catch him. The owner was not home, but animal control was able to reach them and they came to us. The pup was so excited to see the owner, but wouldn’t get in the car or come to him. God put it on my heart to tell him to lay down on the grass, and sure enough, the pup came over to him. Hallelujah! I got to meet several neighbors and most kept a good distance. I admit, I am a bit fearful that I may have gotten exposed to this virus during the interaction, but truly the odds are incredibly small considering the distance between us etc. I guess if I do get sick, then at least we can know we helped a pup in the process. Hopefully, I’m just allowing worry to take over my thoughts, and all will be okay.

On a side note, has anyone heard from Sue? Just wonder if she retreated to her cabin or is safe and tucked away in NY? Praying she (and all of you guys) are doing well. Stay safe everyone, and much love. You guys are truly my village and my happy place.

41 - 60 of 313 Posts