Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

121 - 140 of 186 Posts

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
I completely understand the emotions on this. There are so many unknowns to this virus - Lives are at stake.... In more ways than one.
I'm not talking about roaming freely. Cant we be wise & practice social distancing, wear a mask, wash hands often don't touch face. etc.? And yes those with special health concerns do need to be home.

I'm thinking maybe I can redeem myself in some of your minds if I post some more pictures of my garden? sure don't mean to offend anyone. Sending virtual hugs!

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
Paulann your flowers are beautiful. Just keep looking at them and you will feel better. I feel better when I watch all the birds in my yard and am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my orioles and hummingbirds. Should be with the next week!!!!
I understand your frustration and how some days are worse than others. Some days I feel like throwing myself on the floor and having a tantrum like a little kid. I hate being away from my family but I also know that even when they do start to lift restrictions I am still going to be super cautious because we still don't know who could be infected out there. Our restrictions probably aren't even going to start to lift for months and months yet and sometimes it gets pretty discouraging but then I tell myself it could always be worse. I hope tomorrow you have a better day. I guess your idea of kidnapping your daughter didn't work out.;):love:

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
I’ve had five co-workers die. No one knows how they got sick because they had only been around “healthy” people. No one can assume they are healthy. Anyone who thinks it’s ok to roam freely, please stay away from me and anyone I care about.
Maggie I'm so sorry that you have had co workers die from this. This is awful. I hope you're doing ok.

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Today Ontario has had the lowest number of confirmed cases in a month. :)

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Look who came for a visit today.....my daughter and her 3 girls. Don't worry, they are further away than it looks. I zoomed in with the camera. I needed this today since today would have been my Mom's birthday.

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
Kathy, What a blessing! I am so happy for you. Your daughter knew exactly what you needed. Happy Friday....Happy May Day!
Love the picture too. The only one that is missing is Pipper with his new haircut. LOL!
🌺 🐶 🐾
Pipper was there too, he was just sitting back with me. He wanted to go see everyone so badly. He loves people that he knows. He doesn't understand why no one comes to visit anymore. I think he misses them just as much as I do.

·
Premium Member
24,072 Posts
Oh Kathy the twins have grown they are toddlers now, where has time gone
What a wonderful day for all of you

We are no longer in lock down, yesterday we went to Petco and to the grocery store, on our way you couldn't
believe all the cars, we really needed dog food and a few groceries, we have been in this one grocery store since all this but this time it was soooooo different
oh my gosh I was so scared, no one was staying 6ft apart, it was unreal how many people who aren't
taking things serious, the deli was open and a young man didn't have a mask on or gloves, what is the store thinking, so when we were ready to check out I ask the checker how she was doing, she said she was scared she would get the conavirus, at that moment I told her I was shocked at how unorganized the store was, I didn't feel safe, I also told her about the deli worker, she first ask me what he looked like and said she would talk to him, but then changed her mind and said if he had medical issues he wasn't required to wear a mask. WHAT???????
that worker could be risking his life by working with health issues, and our lives by not wearing gloves and a mask, needless to say I'm not shopping there
I learned a valuable lesson I'm only going out on senior hours, I realize we need to start slowly opening our country back up, but if this is reality we are in for many people who will be ill

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
Oh Kathy the twins have grown they are toddlers now, where has time gone
What a wonderful day for all of you

We are no longer in lock down, yesterday we went to Petco and to the grocery store, on our way you couldn't
believe all the cars, we really needed dog food and a few groceries, we have been in this one grocery store since all this but this time it was soooooo different
oh my gosh I was so scared, no one was staying 6ft apart, it was unreal how many people who aren't
taking things serious, the deli was open and a young man didn't have a mask on or gloves, what is the store thinking, so when we were ready to check out I ask the checker how she was doing, she said she was scared she would get the conavirus, at that moment I told her I was shocked at how unorganized the store was, I didn't feel safe, I also told her about the deli worker, she first ask me what he looked like and said she would talk to him, but then changed her mind and said if he had medical issues he wasn't required to wear a mask. WHAT???????
that worker could be risking his life by working with health issues, and our lives by not wearing gloves and a mask, needless to say I'm not shopping there
I learned a valuable lesson I'm only going out on senior hours, I realize we need to start slowly opening our country back up, but if this is reality we are in for many people who will be ill
I think if people could just be a bit more patient and not open up too soon we could beat this virus. By opening too soon we will probably have to start all over again from scratch as the cases rise again. The only thing that is going to re- open here on Monday is garden centres with curbside pickup only and some construction. Other than that it's still just essential services. I'm glad Ontario is being extra cautious.
It sounds like your shopping trip was so scary! Can you order online and have curbside pickup. That way you have no contact with anyone. That is what I do.
The twins turn 1 year old in 6 more days!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe how fast that has gone. They are doing so much cute stuff now and it makes me sad that I'm missing so much.

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #133 (Edited)

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
Feeling a little down today. Mother's Day is coming up and I'm missing my Mom. The twins 1st birthday is on Friday and I'm missing them. My hummingbirds are usually back by now and I haven't seen any yet, same with the orioles. I tried to order Tylenol online with my grocery order and they have run out....seriously, you have got to be kidding. And to top it off it's supposed to snow on Saturday!!!!!!!! :(

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Kathy, I'm sorry your having a rough day. I wish I could make it all better. Remember when we were little and our moms had that special ability? i'm sure your hummingbirds and the orioles are on their way to your feeders and will be there very soon - Perhaps they got sidetracked for a short spell in another yard that also desperately needed their encouraging appearance. 🐶 🐾🌺

EVz725sVAAUpADJ.jpeg

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
Kathy, I'm sorry your having a rough day. I wish I could make it all better. Remember when we were little and our moms had that special ability? i'm sure your hummingbirds and the orioles are on their way to your feeders and will be there very soon - Perhaps they got sidetracked for a short spell in another yard that also desperately needed their encouraging appearance. 🐶 🐾🌺

View attachment 274361
Paulann, I love this Lockdown Laugh!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,926 Posts
Feeling a little down today. Mother's Day is coming up and I'm missing my Mom. The twins 1st birthday is on Friday and I'm missing them. My hummingbirds are usually back by now and I haven't seen any yet, same with the orioles. I tried to order Tylenol online with my grocery order and they have run out....seriously, you have got to be kidding. And to top it off it's supposed to snow on Saturday!!!!!!!! :(
It never rains but what it snows.hugs

·
Premium Member
24,072 Posts
Paulann I would love to have tea with you.

Our state is no longer in lock down, 🤗 we are very careful when we are out.
Still only going grocery shopping but we are going out tomorrow to buy flowers for our yard.
We will be 6ft apart and wearing masks.
My son invited us out to his farm for Mothers day, after talking with hubby we are going to go, but.....
Tim promises it will be just him and his girlfriend.
It would deviate me not being able to be with my family, for my mental health I need this.
I'm anxious to sit out on his deck, watching the horse's, holding his little chicks, and just enjoying the peace and beauty
of the country. He has the most beautiful land, mountains and meadows.

In the next week or so I will see Tammy but will not be around more than maybe 4 at a time.
For me I have made the decision to be careful but be with my family.

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #140 (Edited)
Paulann I would love to have tea with you.

Our state is no longer in lock down, 🤗 we are very careful when we are out.
Still only going grocery shopping but we are going out tomorrow to buy flowers for our yard.
We will be 6ft apart and wearing masks.
My son invited us out to his farm for Mothers day, after talking with hubby we are going to go, but.....
Tim promises it will be just him and his girlfriend.
It would deviate me not being able to be with my family, for my mental health I need this.
I'm anxious to sit out on his deck, watching the horse's, holding his little chicks, and just enjoying the peace and beauty
of the country. He has the most beautiful land, mountains and meadows.

In the next week or so I will see Tammy but will not be around more than maybe 4 at a time.
For me I have made the decision to be careful but be with my family.
We still can't be with anyone here. Tomorrow they are opening up garden centres but they have to have social distancing measures in place and hardware stores are opening Saturday with strict measures in place but that's it. Our stuff will be opening in small steps, each step being 2 - 4 weeks apart to make sure there is no negative setback from opening. Even if I could be with my family now I'm not sure that I would yet because the spouses of all my kids are still out working so they have been exposed to others and I'm not willing to take that risk no matter how much I'm missing them. Plus we have never been able to get masks here. They have a shortage of PPE and even have problems getting enough for health care workers. I will have to see our confirmed cases going down dramatically before I will feel safe enough to be with other people. Praying this will happen sooner rather than later.

121 - 140 of 186 Posts