5,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
Well here it is, the 8th of May and it's snowing!!!! 🥶
My twin granddaughters turn one year old today. How did that happen so fast! 😯

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
Today Ontario has had the lowest number of new cases in over a month...…. only 346 new cases since yesterday. Yay for us! Sure hope it keeps going down.
Today we have had blizzard like conditions all day. So much for hoping my hummingbirds will be back soon.:(

·
Registered
66 Posts
I wonder if we should all try to update on here every day or every few days on how we are all doing so that we know everyone is ok. I know we must all be stressed and worried about Covid 19. It's so scary listening to the news every day. I have a hard time not crying every time I hear about the loss of a life. Here in Ontario, we had a huge jump in reported cases in the past 24 hours, but they said that was to be expected because of people who had recently returned from March break, people who were advised not to travel but they did so anyways.😡
Social distancing is so hard , especially when we are so used to seeing our families and now we can't be together and we don't know how long this will go on for but obviously it's not ending anytime soon. I miss my family terribly. Haven't seen them in 3 weeks but we do skype and talk on the phone but it's still not the same 😕 . The twins will be turning 1 on May 8th and the way things are going right now I won't even be able to see them by then. :cry: I just want life to be back to normal.
You’re all in my thoughts and prayers. Sorry it’s a little later but I’ve been extremely busy and stressed for the past 6 weeks or so!

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Mothers Day weekend was wonderful.
They have lifted some of our "shelter in place" restrictions so I took advantage of the new "freedom". My daughter, SIL, and grandkids came over and we went for a couple hikes - the weather was beautiful. Nanette also brought an amazing brunch casserole and a prepared dinner & desert - she even included paper plates and utensils so I wouldn't have to wash dishes. This was the first time I have seen my grandkids in a couple months - I just couldn't stop hugging them. This was one of those weekends you wish you could just stop the clock from moving forward.

IMG_1157.jpg
IMG_1158.JPG

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
Mothers Day weekend was wonderful.
They have lifted some of our "shelter in place" restrictions so I took advantage of the new "freedom". My daughter, SIL, and grandkids came over and we went for a couple hikes - the weather was beautiful. Nanette also brought an amazing brunch casserole and a prepared dinner & desert - she even included paper plates and utensils so I wouldn't have to wash dishes. This was the first time I have seen my grandkids in a couple months - I just couldn't stop hugging them. This was one of those weekends you wish you could just stop the clock from moving forward.

View attachment 274389 View attachment 274390
Paulann, I'm so happy for you. Our restrictions aren't lifted yet so the only visit I had was a social distance visit out in our driveway. I want to hug the twins so badly that it hurts but I can't do it just yet. I will have patience and hopefully soon it will be safe to do so.

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
Yay, my orioles just got back!!!!!!!!! This guy remembered my feeder from last year because it is in a spot that it isn't seen easily but he came straight to it and had a meal of grape jelly. I forgot how pretty the orioles are!!!!!!!! This just made my day!

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #148 (Edited)
Still waiting for my hummingbirds to return. Usually they are here the first week in May. I hope they are just late this year because of the cold weather but I'm wondering if maybe I missed their return. It has been getting well below freezing at night so I've had to bring the feeder in so the nectar wouldn't freeze and if they happened to come looking for a meal before I got it back out in the morning they may have found food elsewhere. I hope this isn't the case because I look so forward to seeing my little buddies every year. I will be very sad if I don't see them soon.

Editing a couple hours later to add that I spoke too soon. Just saw my little buddy at my feeder. Yay, I'm so happy he's back!!!!!! I've been waiting a long time to see the hummingbirds again. I really need to see normal things like the summer birds coming back during these crazy abnormal times. 🌞

·
Premium Member
24,072 Posts
Awesome pictures Paulann, I spent the afternoon with my son Tim at his farm, I really needed the time, we did hug a couple times it was wonderful feeling his huge arms around me.
I spent time holding my silky chicken and taking in the quiet the country brings.

My other kids left gifts, but I didn't hug on them, its so weird feeling we can't be with family
We have decided its worth this time being with them.
I'm one HAPPY momma

·
Premium Member
2,926 Posts
Still waiting for my hummingbirds to return. Usually they are here the first week in May. I hope they are just late this year because of the cold weather but I'm wondering if maybe I missed their return. It has been getting well below freezing at night so I've had to bring the feeder in so the nectar wouldn't freeze and if they happened to come looking for a meal before I got it back out in the morning they may have found food elsewhere. I hope this isn't the case because I look so forward to seeing my little buddies every year. I will be very sad if I don't see them soon.

Editing a couple hours later to add that I spoke too soon. Just saw my little buddy at my feeder. Yay, I'm so happy he's back!!!!!! I've been waiting a long time to see the hummingbirds again. I really need to see normal things like the summer birds coming back during these crazy abnormal times. 🌞
Its amazing how one little thing can bring such joy. Prayers and hugs.

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
Today we have had the lowest number of new cases since the beginning of March. There has only been 258 new cases in the last 24 hours. :)

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
Today we learned that another coworker and his wife both died as a result of the virus. so Sad.
I'm really sorry to hear that. It's so sad. I wish they weren't opening things back up so quickly. If they could only give it a bit more time then maybe we could beat this. 😢

·
Premium Member
17,311 Posts
Wow, so many losses for you Maggie! So many in TX want everything open. . . . I am content at home!

·
Premium Member
24,072 Posts
Maggie I am so sorry, our state is open to phase 2,
So many people don't wear masks here, a few days ago we were at Costco they handed masks to those who weren't wearing them
We also went to Wal-Mart oh my goodness Lorin and I and a small handful of people were wearing masks.

I was trying to get our things quickly when I heard someone sneeze, as I walked past I noticed it was a mom and three kids one a teen, no masks.
At check out I told the clerk she said I would be shocked at things she has witnessed
Unless big chains insist on masks people like me will feel unsafe I will never understand why people only look at their needs.

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
Do you think this virus is ever going to go away? I feel like it's been going on F O R E V E R ! 😕

141 - 160 of 186 Posts