Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

161 - 180 of 186 Posts

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
I know how you feel because I feel the same way. I see no end in site especially due to my age and health time is not on my side.
I agree....I'm pining for human touch, interaction and contact. I'm missing putting Abellas prettiest bows in her pig tails and taking her out visiting senior homes and VA hospitals. She has an amazing ability to bring smiles to so many. I'm wondering if we will ever be able to go "visiting" again.

036e0a394303d63148d04ab53f405b1d.jpg

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
I know how you feel because I feel the same way. I see no end in site especially due to my age and health time is not on my side.
It's really hard to not let it "get to you" some days. I just don't see an end in site until they get a vaccine.

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #165

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
They just announced here that our schools will not reopen this school year. Our state of emergency has also been extended.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Anyone else out there needing a haircut?
I'm thinking I will need to start watching you tube videos on how to cut your own hair pretty soon.

Good News! We have had ZERO Covid related deaths now for three days (and this is with our new "relaxed" isolation rules). I'm hoping this trend continues and people still follow the required masks and social distancing when outside. 😷 (y)

2852868c6fe31c54a189b1d533fd294d.jpeg

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #168 (Edited)
Paulann that's great that things are looking better. Does that mean your new daily cases are going down too? We still have around 400 new cases per day and anywhere from 40 - 80 deaths per day. Way too many. 😢 They opened a few things up here yesterday. Dog groomers are open and only stores that have doors opening onto the street, not malls though. Personally I think it is too soon. My groomer called today to reschedule Pipper's appointment that was cancelled 2 months ago but I'm waiting for 3 weeks before I take him. I want to see what happens with things partially opening up. And YES, my hair is pretty shaggy looking but there is no sign of hairdressers opening soon and even if they did there is no way I would be comfortable enough to go for a long time.

I have to add that I may look shaggy but my husband doesn't. I cut his hair a couple of weeks ago and it turned out pretty good if I must say so myself. :)

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
Our cases are starting to climb again, not much, but a bit higher each day
This is all since they reopened garden centers and hardware stores a week and a half ago. This gets discouraging. I watch my 70 year old neighbour this morning getting out of a car with her friend
How do you social distance in a car. She isn't even trying. 😡

·
Premium Member
2,926 Posts
Our cases are starting to climb again, not much, but a bit higher each day
This is all since they reopened garden centers and hardware stores a week and a half ago. This gets discouraging. I watch my 70 year old neighbour this morning getting out of a car with her friend
How do you social distance in a car. She isn't even trying. 😡
Just try to hang in there. That all I am trying to do. Prayers and hugs.

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
I just don't understand why they are slowly opening things back up when the numbers aren't going down. Yesterday was our highest amount of cases in 2 weeks. 😕 . Sometimes makes you wish you could just move to another planet since the whole world is infected.

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #174 (Edited)
Out walking this morning I stumbled upon a turkey "pick-up" spot:
All these males were strutting their stuff trying to impress this lone female.
(No social distancing going on here)......LOL!
👍👎😍

View attachment 274421
I LOVE seeing pictures like this that shows that there is still normal stuff going on in this world. Things like this just make my day! It still amazes me how the same birds find their way back to the same feeders every year. I love nature. 🌞

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Just looked it up it was the Civil War that started Decoration Day.
Addison, I didn't know that Memorial Day used to be called Decoration Day. That makes sense as the graves are decorated with flowers, flags & wreaths. Many paid the ultimate price for us to enjoy our freedom. I just hope our youth realize this - and don't take it for granted.

15 minutes away from where I live there is a hill that is visible from the very busy freeway. A builder started making crude white crosses for every service person that died in Iraq and then later Afghanistan. He stopped adding more when it got to 5,000. Every time you pass it in your car you are reminded of the cost of war and freedom.

artistwalkandtalk.jpg

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
I LOVE seeing pictures like this that shows that there is still normal stuff going on in this world. Things like this just make my day! It still amazes me how the same birds find their way back to the same feeders every year. I love nature. 🌞
Kathy, I am so happy your Hummingbirds and Orioles have returned and are feasting on your feeders. Do you have a large yard/garden? How has your weather been? Can you get out some and enjoy nature yet? Here it has been very nice although we are suppose to have a heat wave Monday thru Wednesday - they are saying triple digits. I try and get out for a walk daily. I put Abella in her buggy as it is safer. We have so much wildlife around here I just don't want to take a chance. This bob cat was caught on a neighbors camera. His property backs up to a trail. As you can see it was day time. The cat is beautiful.....but I'm not sure I'd want to come face to face with it. I do carry bear spray & have a whistle around my neck when I'm on a trail.

47ead165b941e5f1ec347759c43a404a.jpeg

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #179 (Edited)
Kathy, I am so happy your Hummingbirds and Orioles have returned and are feasting on your feeders. Do you have a large yard/garden? How has your weather been? Can you get out some and enjoy nature yet? Here it has been very nice although we are suppose to have a heat wave Monday thru Wednesday - they are saying triple digits. I try and get out for a walk daily. I put Abella in her buggy as it is safer. We have so much wildlife around here I just don't want to take a chance. This bob cat was caught on a neighbors camera. His property backs up to a trail. As you can see it was day time. The cat is beautiful.....but I'm not sure I'd want to come face to face with it. I do carry bear spray & have a whistle around my neck when I'm on a trail.

View attachment 274428
Paulann I like nature but sure wouldn't want to see a bobcat wandering around. A few years ago we had a fox walking down out street. My yard is fairly big. I will attach a picture taken from standing on my deck but I could only fit half the yard in the picture. We havent worked on the gardens yet because we just had snow 2 weeks ago. We have lots of dandelions because I refuse to put anything on the lawn that might be harmful to Pipper. Leaves on trees aren't out full yet. Today is supposed to go up to 30 C and feel like 37 C which is about 98 F. We're actually under a heat warning today and tomorrow. Keep in mind we had snow 2 weeks ago. That's Canada for you.

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #180
Today we had another drive by birthday parade for my granddaughter's 6th birthday. We throw out candy and presents from the car window to her and then we park on the side of the road to watch her open her presents. It was so nice seeing everyone even from a distance. My son doesn't live in the same town as the rest of us so he wasn't there. He lives about 1/2 hr away but I haven't seen him or his family since early March. He sends me pictures a few times a week though. Seeing my family from a distance makes me realize how much I'm missing them. This is the longest I have ever went without seeing my son. 😢 Our State of Emergency was now extended till June 9th.

161 - 180 of 186 Posts