Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Keeping in touch

22K views 551 replies 18 participants last post by  pippersmom 
#1 · (Edited)
I wonder if we should all try to update on here every day or every few days on how we are all doing so that we know everyone is ok. I know we must all be stressed and worried about Covid 19. It's so scary listening to the news every day. I have a hard time not crying every time I hear about the loss of a life. Here in Ontario, we had a huge jump in reported cases in the past 24 hours, but they said that was to be expected because of people who had recently returned from March break, people who were advised not to travel but they did so anyways.😡
Social distancing is so hard , especially when we are so used to seeing our families and now we can't be together and we don't know how long this will go on for but obviously it's not ending anytime soon. I miss my family terribly. Haven't seen them in 3 weeks but we do skype and talk on the phone but it's still not the same 😕 . The twins will be turning 1 on May 8th and the way things are going right now I won't even be able to see them by then. :cry: I just want life to be back to normal.

#3 ·
Checking in here from Northern Calif. - Glad to be back home. Dr appt went well - removal of stitches next week and if pathology comes back clear I should be done for at least 6 months! YAY!!!! Super Score! On my way home I stopped to pick up a prescription at Walmart and there was a clerk handing out rolls of TP. I got the last 6 pack! Life is good!!!:cool:🌺

Abella is so not use to staying home. I usually take her everywhere with me. She loves going visiting. 😟

Playing around with making masks.... Using scrap fabric I've been hoarding for years. Wish I had hoarded more elastic! LOL - My brother in law is modeling one of them. What do you think? 👍👎😷???

Zebra Baking cup Textile Party supply Illustration
Face Duct tape Head Helmet Nose
Zebra Baking cup Textile Party supply Illustration
Face Duct tape Head Helmet Nose

Reactions: pippersmom
#9 ·
Checking in here from Northern Calif. - Glad to be back home. Dr appt went well - removal of stitches next week and if pathology comes back clear I should be done for at least 6 months! YAY!!!! Super Score! On my way home I stopped to pick up a prescription at Walmart and there was a clerk handing out rolls of TP. I got the last 6 pack! Life is good!!!:cool:🌺

Abella is so not use to staying home. I usually take her everywhere with me. She loves going visiting. 😟

Playing around with making masks.... Using scrap fabric I've been hoarding for years. Wish I had hoarded more elastic! LOL - My brother in law is modeling one of them. What do you think? 👍👎😷???

View attachment 274202 View attachment 274203 View attachment 274202 View attachment 274203

#4 ·
Poor Pipper. He's just so confused. He doesn't understand why Dad is home all the time now ( working from home ) but not sitting in the lazy boy with him or coming with us for our morning walk. He likes his normal routine and nothing is normal anymore.

#7 ·
I feel bad for you. This should be such a happy time for you because you now have the baby you waited so long for and you shouldn't have to worry about her catching this horrible disease.
My daughter who has the twins has her teenage stepson living with them too and he works at Tim Hortons. As of today they sent him to live with his Mom and they told him he has to stay with his Mom until things are better. This was just too stressful for my daughter being worried about the babie's health.

#8 ·
Thank you Kathy for this thread, its important to stay in contact, we can uplift one another
We are doing well, just have cabin fever, can't go outdoors because its so cold here, it snowed yesterday 😣 where's Spring.
I have been texting Charity to see how Ethan and their little family is doing.
She has been working from home for the last 3+ weeks, so yesterday I ask her what she has been up to, here is her reply
Well, here's my day, I move from the dining room to the living room-so exciting!!!
I had to laugh because we are all in this together and if we don't laugh we will cry., no matter where we are in this big world we all know eventually this will pass in time, it will be a different world when we walk out of our homes
For now
I pray for those who are ill, those who are grieving, those who don't have $, those who are lonely, those who are homeless, those who fear.
I'm sending a scripture for you all. I love you dear friends

ISAIAH 41:13
For I am the LORD your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.

#15 ·
I am doing better. Got out and did some yard work yesterday. I'm retired from full-time work but do have a very small bookkeeping business. Today I'm working on March's books. It feels good to be productive. I'm looking forward to our family's first Zoom gathering tomorrow night. Today's a good day.

#16 ·
Lynne, Im looking forward to hearing all about your Zoom gathering..

Northern Calif:
We are in week 3 of shelter in place. I laugh at my daughter as every hour I get a new text from her with a picture of some new nook she has found to reorganize and clean. Her four kids are now used to the online classes and don't need very much supervision.

We are being told our curve has started leveling off. This is encouraging news. I just fear people will start ignoring the shelter in place law. Especially since it is sunny and beautiful with days in the low 70's. So many here and around the world in need of our prayers - this is heart breaking. Hopefully a cure will be found very soon. Stay safe SM family.

#86 ·
I am LOVING Zoom. We are meeting weekly, catching up, laughing and playing games. Since we live in different places and have different work schedules, Zoom allows us to get together more easily. If you haven't already, you should give it a try. The basic app is free for up to 100 attendees. The only down side to it is that it has a 40 minute limit. Not a problem though... you just sign back in for another 40 minutes. :)

#18 ·
Paulann I hope you're right that your curve is starting to level off. We're not there yet. Our cases are nothing like the U.S. but it can go that way if people don't start the social distancing. Some people are really good at it but I still see groups of people standing around chit chatting. We don't have a shelter in place law, we're just supposed to keep 6 feet between people. I wish they would make us shelter in place. All schools and non essential businesses have been closed for 3 weeks now. Tomorrow our government is going to release an estimated projection on how this might play out. They said it's going to be scary. Maybe then people will take this more seriously.
Stay safe everyone.

#19 ·
Kathy
The curve leveling is for the Bay Area only - we have been on lock down the longest - other counties in Calif joined our lock down last week. I'm hopefully optimistic that this trend will hold and spread to other areas.

Do you think your government will announce a shelter in place during tomorrows meeting? I can understand why making that decision is so hard and serious. Economically it is terrifying what it has done to our economy. I really think we will see the suicide rate go up sharply as people can't pay their bills any longer or provide for their family. The heart attack rate has already increased sharply. This is truly very very sad situation. We need to encourage and care for one another as best we can and PRAY!

"Such is the power of adversity. It brings even the strongest and most stubborn of us to our knees. It causes us to loosen our grip on those things that are of little value and cling tightly to the One we know can deliver us."

#25 ·
Today is one of my granddaughter's 10th birthday. Since we all can't be together for her birthday we got in our own cars decorated with balloons and Happy Birthday banners and drove past her house like a parade, honking horns and throwing candy and birthday presents out on her front lawn for her. She was very happy with that.

#26 ·
Kathy,
How fun & special!
I love how creative people get in times of need. I'm sure your granddaughter will remember this birthday for a very long time! I hope they took some pictures of the caravan driving by. I would love if you could post one in memory of this special 10th Birthday. I'm really hoping this will be over by the time the twins have their one year birthday - Grandma needs to attend that special day!

#30 ·
Sue,
I would like if you could post your updates here on SM in addition to Facebook. I for one am not on Facebook at this time. I agree it is good to know what is going on in each of our lives and encouraging one another. I'm guessing you are probably under "House Arrest" like most of the country. Stay safe - Sending socially acceptable hugs. 🐶 🐾

Reactions: edelweiss
#28 ·
Well today was exciting. I got to see my oldest granddaughter and the twins. My daughter came over and they sat at one end of my yard and I sat at the other end. It's the first time I've seen them in 4 weeks! It's not as good as a normal visit where I can play with and hold the babies but it's better than nothing. My oldest granddaughter gave me an " air hug" when they left. That's what she called it. She hugged the air at the other side of my yard and told me that it was me she was hugging. That air hug felt so good. ❤

#31 ·
Major Cabin fever! Very dreary day here in Northern Calif - cloudy & pouring rain. Miss the sun. Miss neighbors walking their dogs and stopping to chit chat and smell the flowers - even sending some home with fresh picked bouquets.

Whats with this latest news telling us to not to even go to the grocery store or pharmacy? I guess they are putting us all on diets and assuming we have unlimited supplies of our mediations? I"m wondering if I should dig up some of my much loved flower beds and plant veggies? Several of our counties now have requirements to wear masks when outside. Seems strange as we are not suppose to be outside.

Text Font Photo caption Photography

#32 ·
I have planted my above ground garden- only one but tightly planted. I am putting out my urns w/cucumbers this week, instead of my normal flowers. I do believe we are in this for the long haul. I have several very large pots planted w/citrus & tomatoes. I want to plant a few more veggies soon but the rain is holding me back. I want to be self-sustaining, whatever that means.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.