Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Originally posted by DMZ dogs@Nov 12 2004, 08:36 AM
I've mentioned this before, but my dogs eat raw.  They also continually get blood on their ears as when they reach into the bowl for a new piece, they dip them in the blood and brush over bloody pieces of meat.  (Have I grossed out everyone yet?)  Anyway, this always really bothered and was such a mess to clean every time.  Today, I finally got the idea to use socks.  I got a pair of really stretchy socks that I never liked anyway and cut them to make tubes...a long one for Noodle and a short one for Cookie.  Then I just slipped them over their heads in such a manner as to hold back their ears.  It worked great!!  They just got finished eating and their ears are just as white as when they started!  Now, if I could just figure out how to keep the blood stains off their mouths....

Oh, and once Cookie was finished eating, she managed to play around with the ear tube until she had it worked down to her neck.  So, she has discovered an easy way to provide neck warmers in the winter!  All I have to do is buy a nice, pretty, stretchy kind of sock and cut the toe off and voila~!    -_-   The smilie is me looking modest about all this.  :D
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=16111
[/QUOTE]

Goodness.... all that blood talk .... is there a "grossed out" smilie?!! I've been a vegetarian for about 30 years so raw meat is a total gross-out :eek: I bet your dogs do love it, though, but for me..... yukky!!!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by DMZ dogs@Nov 12 2004, 08:36 AM
I've mentioned this before, but my dogs eat raw.  They also continually get blood on their ears as when they reach into the bowl for a new piece, they dip them in the blood and brush over bloody pieces of meat.  (Have I grossed out everyone yet?)  Anyway, this always really bothered and was such a mess to clean every time.  Today, I finally got the idea to use socks.  I got a pair of really stretchy socks that I never liked anyway and cut them to make tubes...a long one for Noodle and a short one for Cookie.  Then I just slipped them over their heads in such a manner as to hold back their ears.  It worked great!!  They just got finished eating and their ears are just as white as when they started!  Now, if I could just figure out how to keep the blood stains off their mouths....

Oh, and once Cookie was finished eating, she managed to play around with the ear tube until she had it worked down to her neck.  So, she has discovered an easy way to provide neck warmers in the winter!  All I have to do is buy a nice, pretty, stretchy kind of sock and cut the toe off and voila~!    -_-  The smilie is me looking modest about all this.  :D
[/QUOTE]

REALLY needing that green "ready to puke" smiley right about now!!!!!

Glad you were so creative!!!!

·
Registered
831 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catchers Mom+Nov 12 2004, 08:54 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-DMZ dogs
@Nov 12 2004, 08:36 AM

Oh, and once Cookie was finished eating, she managed to play around with the ear tube until she had it worked down to her neck.  So, she has discovered an easy way to provide neck warmers in the winter!  All I have to do is buy a nice, pretty, stretchy kind of sock and cut the toe off and voila~!    -_-   The smilie is me looking modest about all this.  :D
Goodness.... all that blood talk .... is there a "grossed out" smilie?!! I've been a vegetarian for about 30 years so raw meat is a total gross-out :eek: I bet your dogs do love it, though, but for me..... yukky!!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=16113
[/B][/QUOTE]

Hey Kallie/Catchers Mom, I'm a vegetarian too
since May of this year.... :D :D

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
DMZ dogs hahaha. Socks! Funny. Anyway, is there no way for you to just rinse the chicken in water?

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
they call it the BARF diet for a reason
(bones and raw foods)

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
smileycentral.com but you cant download them which is dumb...you have to link them to their site http://smileycentral.com/

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
DMZ, don't chicken bones splinter? I'd always heard you shouldn't give them to dogs becasue they splinter and catch in their throats or hurt their intestines? Obviously yours have done fine on them and I've heard a lot of people use the raw diet for their pets but what about the earlier warnings?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Originally posted by Pico's Parent@Nov 13 2004, 10:41 AM
DMZ, don't chicken bones splinter?  I'd always heard you shouldn't give them to dogs becasue they splinter and catch in their throats or hurt their intestines?  Obviously yours have done fine on them and I've heard a lot of people use the raw diet for their pets but what about the earlier warnings?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=16251
[/QUOTE]

Raw chicken bones are okay, it's the cooked ones that splinter - that's how my family's shetland sheepdog died
There was an intellectually disabled lady living next door. She didn't know, and she fed him cooked chicken bones while my parents were at work. He died in surgery a couple of days later. They lacerated his liver and bowel.
Poor little guy. *sniff*

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by LadyMontava@Nov 13 2004, 10:16 AM
smileycentral.com   but you cant download them which is dumb...you have to link them to their site  http://smileycentral.com/
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=16243
[/QUOTE]

Hi, I went to Smileycentral but when I read their User Agreement I backed out of the download. Is there any way to get smileys without having to get their browser bar? The smileys you use are so cute!

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Originally posted by DMZ dogs@Nov 13 2004, 11:38 PM
About every ten days, I spend four hours stripping fat off of chicken wings and cutting them into dog-sized pieces.  My kids are finicky and don't want to use their feet while eating, so the pieces have to be small enough to handle in the mouth only.  I weigh it all and keep individual meal-sized portions in the freezer.  Then, all I have to do is take one out and stick it in a bowl of water to defrost. <div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=16290
[/QUOTE]

:lol: Now whenever someone gives my husband and I a hard time because we cook and serve fresh meats or poultry for our furbabies every night--I'll just have to say that I know someone who goes to a whole lot of additional trouble with the BARF diet, and that it's all relative. The things we do to serve our babies :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts