Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1 week before I took Chanel to get spayed, when she would go outside to pee, she would do that back kick about 4 times, then speed off like a rocket and run. I thought to myself uh-oh, she's gonna have to get spayed soon...because I thought she was starting to mark her territory...does anyone know what the whole kick with the rear legs means? :D

Thanks!

~Elegant

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
is it only after she pees or is it when she poops? i know my mom's cocker used to do that after she pooped b/c of itching..or if she got ahold of something spicy. might be her anal glands bothering her.....but if it only after she pees i dont know why she is doing it.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
sprite does the same thing. i think its cute.
and then gruffi will chase her and they'll go like that for a while. lol.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Daezie does that after pooping too. I tought she was trying to cover it with dirt but she does any anywhere she poops could be the carpet, the wood floor, cement.....hummm :wacko:

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by ilove_d&m@Oct 18 2004, 01:51 PM
Daezie does that after pooping too. I tought she was trying to cover it with dirt but she does any anywhere she poops could be the carpet, the wood floor, cement.....hummm :wacko:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=12381
[/QUOTE]

I could be totally wrong but I thought I read somewhere that this is an inbred leftover wolf trait whereby the dog is trying to cover up its scent. It seems that some dogs do it and some don't. Mine never have done this but I've certainly seen lots of other dogs do it... usually just when they have a bowel movement and not when they urinate. Seems sort of odd though, because when they mark their territory they are leaving their scent... seems weird that they would try to cover it up.... :wacko:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts