Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friday I am helping my daughter with a Halloween party for the grandkids and their friends.:chili: I am trying to think of inexpensive fun things to do at the party. Remember musical chairs? How can I make that Halloween style? Any other games like that you can remember? Bobbing for apples is one that comes to mind, but eeeewwwww, I don't think so. Why didn't we think of germs back then? :blink:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Chubby Bunny was one of my faves :HistericalSmiley: but instead of marshmallows maybe you can use peeps... or some kind of Halloween marshmallow candy... or maybe even orange marshmallows. :chili:

·
Registered
5,653 Posts

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Have youever done the apples one with a fork? Thats how its done over here. They hold the fork in their mouth (the handle end) and then you 'drop' the fork down into the bucket to try and get a apple. It seems a bit less germy lol

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chubby Bunny? What kind of game is it?
Chubby Bunny was one of my faves :HistericalSmiley: but instead of marshmallows maybe you can use peeps... or some kind of Halloween marshmallow candy... or maybe even orange marshmallows. :chili:
Thanks, great ideas!:thumbsup:
check here... in that website theres alot to do .. have fun contest , funniest costume, scariest, most original ... dependins on the age they could play clue and mystery games , arts and crafts , musical chair with spooky halloween music , storytelling ...

15 Homemade Bag & Bucket Ideas
or Count Dracula Halloween Party for Kids

Thanks,I'll tell my daughter about that one!I would think you have to supply strong forks and soft apples though. :HistericalSmiley:
Have youever done the apples one with a fork? Thats how its done over here. They hold the fork in their mouth (the handle end) and then you 'drop' the fork down into the bucket to try and get a apple. It seems a bit less germy lol

·
Registered
469 Posts
Dianne - I love hosting Halloween parties for my DD and her friends. See below for some of the fun things I've done:

Games:

1. Hot Pumpkin instead of hot potato (use a small pumpkin) - play halloween music and when the music stops whoever's left with the pumpkin is out.

2. Candy Corn Race - 2 teams of kids, divided into two sections of the yard or room facing each other. The object of the game is to fill a container with Candy Corn in an allotted amount. They should use a spoon to scoop up the candy corn then run to the other side where the container is..it's hilarious.

3. Sack Race

4. Limbo

5. Halloween Twister (You can buy this game at a Party store). It's played exactly like regular Twister however it has halloween pictures on the plastic sheet.

6. Create a Mummy. It's a relay race with two teams, each team picks a person to wrap. then they have to use 2 rolls of toilet paper and wrap up the person, starting at the head, then once thats done they have to call the Mummys over to the finish line. That was alot of fun as the mummy couldn't see and would hobble everywhere.

7. Powdered Sugar Donut game: Tie seven foot long lengths of string to powdered donuts. Select 2 adults to hold both ends of the string. We had groups of three line up to eat the donuts without using their hands. The adults would raise and lower the strings during the game to make it even harder on the eaters. I am really happy I chose powdered donuts instead of plain because everyone's face was covered in powdered sugar. :HistericalSmiley:

Food/Beverages:

1. Green Hawaiian Punch - Pour chilled punch into a large caldron. I also purchase ghosts cake holders from Target (like cupcake holders) and pour punch into them; add gummy worms and freeze. Once frozen I add them to the punch to keep it cold. The kids love the creepy looke of the greeb punch as well as the ghosts floating in the bowl. :)

2. Halloween Cookies - I also purchased a black dead tree (purchased from store, I think it was target) and hung the cookies on each limb. I purchased them from a cookie.

3. Candy Buffet Table - purchase different candies and place them in different sized jars or bowls for the kids to eat. I used the colors: Purple, Orange, Green. I made cupcakes and purchased candy apples, all of this along with the cookies from above post were placed on the candy buffet table.

4. Hot dog Mummies - use crescent rolls to wrap around the dogs. http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/crescent-mummy-dogs/d52a57d7-ab8a-4a1c-8dae-f9f90d03b912/

5. Pizza

Check out this site for other cool ideas and recipes, http://www.bettycrocker.com/menusholidaysparties/all-holidays/halloween?WT.mc_id=paid_search_200103_636117&WT.srch=1&esrc=11151.

I hope you find these helpful in your party planning. :)

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
loved these ... limbo , twister , and hot potatoe r my three must gamesin my childrens parties ... love the powdered donut idea , i have to remember that one !!!
Dianne - I love hosting Halloween parties for my DD and her friends. See below for some of the fun things I've done:

Games:

1. Hot Pumpkin instead of hot potato (use a small pumpkin) - play halloween music and when the music stops whoever's left with the pumpkin is out.

2. Candy Corn Race - 2 teams of kids, divided into two sections of the yard or room facing each other. The object of the game is to fill a container with Candy Corn in an allotted amount. They should use a spoon to scoop up the candy corn then run to the other side where the container is..it's hilarious.

3. Sack Race

4. Limbo

5. Halloween Twister (You can buy this game at a Party store). It's played exactly like regular Twister however it has halloween pictures on the plastic sheet.

6. Create a Mummy. It's a relay race with two teams, each team picks a person to wrap. then they have to use 2 rolls of toilet paper and wrap up the person, starting at the head, then once thats done they have to call the Mummys over to the finish line. That was alot of fun as the mummy couldn't see and would hobble everywhere.

7. Powdered Sugar Donut game: Tie seven foot long lengths of string to powdered donuts. Select 2 adults to hold both ends of the string. We had groups of three line up to eat the donuts without using their hands. The adults would raise and lower the strings during the game to make it even harder on the eaters. I am really happy I chose powdered donuts instead of plain because everyone's face was covered in powdered sugar. :HistericalSmiley:

Food/Beverages:

1. Green Hawaiian Punch - Pour chilled punch into a large caldron. I also purchase ghosts cake holders from Target (like cupcake holders) and pour punch into them; add gummy worms and freeze. Once frozen I add them to the punch to keep it cold. The kids love the creepy looke of the greeb punch as well as the ghosts floating in the bowl. :)

2. Halloween Cookies - I also purchased a black dead tree (purchased from store, I think it was target) and hung the cookies on each limb. I purchased them from a cookie.

3. Candy Buffet Table - purchase different candies and place them in different sized jars or bowls for the kids to eat. I used the colors: Purple, Orange, Green. I made cupcakes and purchased candy apples, all of this along with the cookies from above post were placed on the candy buffet table.

4. Hot dog Mummies - use crescent rolls to wrap around the dogs. http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/crescent-mummy-dogs/d52a57d7-ab8a-4a1c-8dae-f9f90d03b912/

5. Pizza

Check out this site for other cool ideas and recipes, Halloween Recipes & Party Ideas : From Pumpkins to Cupcakes - Betty Crocker.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OMG, what great ideas, thank you soooooo much!!!!:chili:I'm sure my daughter will use some of these. You are a terrific party planner. You are hired!!!:thumbsup:

Games:

3. Sack Race

4. Limbo

Food/Beverages:

5. Pizza

Check out this site for other cool ideas and recipes, Halloween Recipes & Party Ideas : From Pumpkins to Cupcakes - Betty Crocker.

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Serena - you are amazing!!! Great ideas. Wish my kid wasn't 20:) I remember that the kids used to love playing BINGO and it was a great way of getting them to be calm, yet excited for a while. You could get green and orange markers to mark their bingo cards (Bingo games are in lots of cheap toy stores), and give out prizes like little toys that are Halloween related.
Also decorate best pumpkin -- xerox pumpkin outline and let kids draw jack-o-lantern faces on them and judge with applause.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Chubby Bunny is where you stuff as many marshmallows in your mouth, each time you put a new marshmallow in, you say "Chubby Bunny!" and it has to be coherent for everyone to hear :w00t: You lose when you either spit out all the marshmallows or can no longer say the word Chubby Bunny! :aktion033:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts