Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kirby is 5 and a half months old and all of his adult teeth are either in now or on the way. All his incisors and canines came in a couple weeks ago. He has one retaining baby canine which the Vet said she'll take out when he gets neutered next month. All of his premolars came out and his adult molars are coming in now.

This is the first dog(I have had 6 dogs prior) that I ever crate trained. He takes a 3 hours nap mid day and another one early evening and then sleeps through the night. The problem is, he won't sleep anywhere else. If he gets tired he'll lay down either on the floor in back of my recliner or by the front or back door, but the minute anyone moves.........HE's UP!!!

I have been training him to get in his bed which he has learned, but he still won't just go in it and SLEEP. The only way he gets any sleep is in the crate. He's been very fussy in the afternoon and sometimes he doesn't want to go in his crate.

Today he only slept an hour in the afternoon and started crying a lot so I let him out of his crate. While he was laying around NOT sleeping he was biting his back paws which he never did before. Is all this stuff due his teething? Is this the terrible two's and is he testing me?? :blink:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what my Vet said but she didn't give me anything to read so thank you so much for that link!!!!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts