Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek: Yesterday Kirby was trying to get into the garbage can in the kitchen so I put it up on a little stool so that it's about a 1/2 foot higher and he can't reach the top. I took him outside to go potty and when we came back in he was about 5 feet away from where the garbage can is and he starting barking at it. I'm thinking, did he forget about the stool already and is he barking at the little stool? I went over to move it and noticed a small black thing on the ground that was under the stool. I thought it was something that maybe fell out of the garbage. I went to pick it up and it hopped.

I get very freaked out with bugs :unsure: and I don't really like to pick up anything hopping. So, I went to get my son and then I came back and Kirby was starring at it like he was ready to pounce on it. I thought I could put a glass over it until my son came down stairs but before I could.. Kirby just ate it, just like that. My innocent little Fluffy baby ATE A BUG :innocent:

Has anyone seen their Fluff eat a bug or anything else icky??

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
I used to have one that ate poop. That's pretty icky. LOL

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
My bichon used to get annoyed at flies around her head, she would catch them in mid air and bite them then spit them out pulling her face. It was so funny to watch.

·
Premium Member
5,785 Posts
I caught Annie one time with one of those big outdoor flying roaches in her mouth!!!! It got in the house and she went straight for it. It was really gross getting it out of her mouth and I was afraid it would make her sick but she was okay.
She's killed a few since then, but has never tried to eat another one. During the humid summers down here they're everywhere outside and every once in a while one gets inside - I hate them!

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
ugh yuck....floee tries to eat spiders and daddy long legs! We stop her when we can but thats nothing......my mum and dads jack russle (who sadly had to be put to sleep on monday after a long battle with cancer) had many times eaten dead mice that the cats would bring back!! Now that IS gross!!!!

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
My sweet innocent looking little Cosy eats bugs, ants, spiders and the occasional poo. LOL! We love her anyway.

·
Registered
17,036 Posts
Sassy saw a palmetto bug outside and ran from it. :HistericalSmiley:But, I don't blame her, those things are hugh.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My little Rosie just at a cicada the other day! It was so huge and not empty, just dead! I saw her sniffing it but didn't think she would really tried to eat it. But boy did she! She grabbed and took it to the grass, spit it out with nothing but the abdomen left, and then managed to get the rest down before I could get to her. I was so worried she would get sick, but she has been just fine!

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
MMMmmmmm bugs :blink::w00t: Daisy ate half a bug yesterday before I saw what she was munching on. George said he had seen her watching a giant moth (guess she caught it) *barf* She was upset with me for taking away her prize. Guess a lot of our babies would do great on those food challenges from Survivor :HistericalSmiley:

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
MMMmmmmm bugs :blink::w00t: Daisy ate half a bug yesterday before I saw what she was munching on. George said he had seen her watching a giant moth (guess she caught it) *barf* She was upset with me for taking away her prize. Guess a lot of our babies would do great on those food challenges from Survivor :HistericalSmiley:
Eileen - I'm thinking that old series "Fear Factor." :w00t::yucky: Tyler has managed to control himself around bugs and poop. Smelling other dogs butts seems so mild next to those. Maybe I should count my blessings.:innocent:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am new to the whole maltese owning but my little one every night I take her out chases crickets and has indeed caught and ate a couple but she just chews them, it's like she forgets they taste bad or something and then spits them back out each night.lol..

·
Registered
34 Posts
Eileen - I'm thinking that old series "Fear Factor." :w00t::yucky: Tyler has managed to control himself around bugs and poop. Smelling other dogs butts seems so mild next to those. Maybe I should count my blessings.:innocent:
lol! Rosie likes to sniff the cats butts! We don't have any other dogs so she treats them like other puppies! They get along pretty well, actually. The cats have accepted her and sniff her butt right back. But gross!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts