Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Kirby created his own game I call FISH

1K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  Katzie 
#1 ·
The very first time I ever tossed a toy across the room when Kirby was 3 mons old he just got and brought it back to me. I didn't have to teach him to play fetch, he did it.

As he got a little bigger he would bring the toy back and then pull on it to play Tug of War. As he starting teething he enjoyed pulling on the toys.

Then one day he just has the toy in his mouth and puts his back legs out and curls his front legs up and lays there so that when I pull on the toy he comes with it. He is so silly and he loves doing this. He has now added laying completely on his side and rolling over on to his back.

Does anyone have a Maltese that does this? I am posting pictures so you can see what I mean.

Attachments

See less See more
#10 ·
You know what's really amazing about this game he created, it has helped get his baby canine's out. All of his adult canines came in with the babies still there. Three have come out from this playing fish, he will actually allow the monkey to hook onto the tooth and let you pull. He's got one last canine to go and it's annoying him cause he'll rub it with his paw. Also, he only will do this on the carpet, won't go on the floor....guess that's too cold...LOL

BTW, if I don't pull, he will actually push off with his back feet and start to paddle with his front as if he were swimming on the ground. He is really a silly guy. I never had a dog who enjoys playing as much as he does. He loves toys and if I give him a new one he gets so excited, but sometimes he likes the packaging better....LOL

Anyone have any favorite toys for their Fluffs?

Attachments

#15 ·
So Boo used to love to play "fish", does this mean he will grow tired of it? He keeps adding new moves to it. His favorite now is to lay on his side while I drag him around and roll over on to his back and use his front paws to paw at the monkey. Is he silly or what???

He still has that one retaining canine and every time he plays he lets the monkey hook on to that canine. Is he trying to get it out of his mouth? He did help the other 3 canines come out playing this game. How can he know this???

I have a question for anyone reading. Does your Fluff know when you have a tissue in your pocket and go crazy trying to get it out? Kirby always knows when I have a tissue in my pocket and lots of times I just grab one out of the box and put it in my pocket in case I need it (allergies), how on earth does he know this???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.