Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I purchased some onsies today for Kirby. He is getting neutered next Tuesday :blink: I thought I'd try out the onsies on him as a way of keeping him from licking after surgery.

I even bought these really cute booties to go with the onsies, but he had them off before I could get all four on :huh:

I was surprised as to how well the onsie fit him. I purchased the 3-6 month size. Has anyone had success with using these after surgery to prevent licking?

These are not the best pictures, I was having a lot of technically difficulty with my camera. By the time I got it functioning Kirby was really not interested in posing for pictures. I think he still looks cute, he's always cute to me.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,106 Posts
Beautiful baby boy. Good luck with Kirby's surgery. I'm sure all will be well. We're here if you need us.
xoxoxoxoxo

·
Registered
842 Posts
We did that for Nelson too, it's just a pain at bathroom time! But just make sure its loose enough on where the incisison will be...and won't rub. We got like 3 different sizes and ended up having to go with the largest size. I think it was 9-12 months. We got 3-6 and 6-9 too. 3-6 didn't even go on, 6-9 was cute, but was a little snug in he private area, so we went up 1 size. That'd be the only thing I'd worry about, I can't tell from the pic how loose it is underneath.

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Oh Kirby looks adorable.:wub::wub: The onesie looks like a cute little doggie sweater on him. We used onseies for Tyler's neuter. It said on it "I'm a hug waiting to happen," which of course is true. :HistericalSmiley: I needed to get him preemie onesies he was so little, tho he was 9 months old. I would roll the underneath forward to let him pee when he needed to. It worked and he never got at his stitches. Good luck with the neuter. I think it's harder on us then on them. :grouphug:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Oh how cute.
Good luck with the surgery.
I know you will be a good mommy and nurse.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks girls. I know it's going to be a lot harder on me then him cause I know what's happening :unsure:

He's got enough room in that onesie that he is able to chew on the collar. It's fits nice by his little tussy too. I snapped to the two outside snaps and left the center open to put his tail through.

I bet after the surgery when he's still groggy I might be able to get a picture with the booties on and maybe even the pacifier in his mouth....LOL

He's getting a little haircut tomorrow to clean up his face, feet, private areas. I'd like to try to grow his face hair long to pull up so he doesn't have hairs in his eyes, but the timing isn't right to try now, probably over the cooler months we can give it a go.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Yes, it does seem harder on us, well put.:unsure:
I laughed at the thought of him being groggy while you put booties on him.
Hope it won't take long or too many stitches.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Good luck Kirby. Everything will be fine and Max did his 6 weeks ago and no scar. Lucky Kirby will wear the onsie Max won't let me come near him with anything...lol He looks so cute...boys

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Kirby looks supercute with his new blue onsie! Is there a little froggy on?

Wish all the best for the surgery!!!

Alexandra :wub:

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
he looks so adorable with his onesie , question r those doggie onesies or baby onesies ? he looks great cant wait to see him w the booties , and of course praying that everything goes well with the neutering .

·
Premium Member
11,148 Posts
He's adorable in his onesie,cute little snugglebug:wub:. I wish I had known about onesies when Boo was neutered,he got a stitch out in less than 24 hrs after surgery.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The onsies are baby ones size 3 - 6 months. They came in a package of 4. The one he had on has a little doggie in a green toy wind up car on it. Each different one has some type of little doggie design on them. I will take pictures of everything.

I just wanted to share pictures of Kirby after his grooming today. This was his 2nd time to be groomed. I have a groomer that comes to my house in a Van and she's excellent. She groomed my other dogs so I have been using her services for over 10 years now.

Kirby still does not like the blow dryer on his face....tries to bite the air and goes a little nutty...but other then that he was very good and I'm very happy with the results. :biggrin:

He's taking a nap now so either this afternoon or tomorrow I'll get him to model all the onesies and maybe even the booties:blink:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,086 Posts
He looks adorable in his "little boy" blue. It looks like it fits well, too. What a great idea to keep them from bothering their stitches. He looks so comfy.:wub:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts