Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
17,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a strange experience w/a beggar/thief/? on the street about 9:40 last night and am still trying to reconstruct it in my mind. I think, in retrospect, he was trying to rob me but it didn't occur to me until afterward. Anyhow I had nothing on me---not even my phone in my pocket as I just quickly wanted to take little guy out and he kept going so we made a round of it. There was also a very pretty young girl involved---whom I think was working w/him--and she tried to distract me by connecting w/the dog. The funny thing is she was really afraid of Kitzel. I guess at ALL times we are under God's protection---even when we are not thinking about it. :)
So maybe Kitzel isn't a celeb magnet---just a robber/beggar/thief magnet!

·
Premium Member
17,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I DO think he put his hand in my jacket pocket---as they were both unzipped when I got home---he was on one side & she was on the other! It all happened so quickly that I can hardly remember it. :w00t: She quickly disappeared into the dark & I moved out to the light---at the end of my street are lots of shops, etc. & is well lighted. He disappeared after her in a few minutes. When she first engaged me in conversation I realized that there was something strange about it immediately--that feeling we should all take seriously:smhelp::smhelp:---how friendly she was w/Kitzel but jumped back when he responded & she said "I only want to see him, I don't want to play with him.":wacko1:
I normally carry a stun baton when I walk---not for humans but for packs of wild dogs that wander the streets here. He was a bigger man---but it would have worked on him too. I didn't take it w/me because I had not planned on going that far last night. Maybe it was a good thing I didn't have it. I wasn't afraid at the time---but realized only later what was going on.
The only thing in my pocket was a potential poop bag for the pup! Too bad it hadn't been used yet!:HistericalSmiley:

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
Wow that is scary. I had a dream last night that someone was trying to steal Mercedes from her pink stroller. I am glad that you and Kitzel are safe.

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Oh Sandi -

That is so scary. I am glad that you and your baby did not get harm in any way.

This is one of the reasons, that I am glad not to be traveling any longer - it discerning (even in the states) being out at night - it is no longer a feeling of peace and tranquility.

Hugs to you,

Allie

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Sandi, what a scary story! :eek:

I'm glad and relieved to hear that nothing serious happened to you and Kitzi!
This dark and grey season is terrible! Right now it's getting dark outside so early!

Take care of yourself and Kitzi! Good he has been close to you yesterday evening! :thumbsup:

Alexandra :wub:

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
You know, I think because we are honest that we don't expect others to behave in another fashion, like thief and robber. It is so scary and I am glad that nothing happened. So sorry that happened but it would have been funny if your poop bag was full and he took that!!! Would serve him right!!!!:HistericalSmiley:

·
Premium Member
17,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You know, I think because we are honest that we don't expect others to behave in another fashion, like thief and robber. It is so scary and I am glad that nothing happened. So sorry that happened but it would have been funny if your poop bag was full and he took that!!! Would serve him right!!!!:HistericalSmiley:
:smtease::smtease:
I am just thinking that I may leave the stun baton at home from now on and just have a little secret poop bag of yesterdays' treasures in both pockets!:smrofl:

·
Registered
10,740 Posts
That would have been funny to have them walk away w/ poo!I'm glad you and Kitzel are safe.

I don't travel for shows any more either. Now th eeconomy is so bad,I even lock my doors in the day time,when I'm home. Isn't that sad? We've had some agressive home invasions in broad daylight and they really beat up the home owners.
I even carry a gun w/ me in the studio now,since we live out in the country...

·
Premium Member
24,026 Posts
:new_shocked: Oh Sandi, I'm so relieved that you're okay. I know that muggers often do work in pairs, one to distract, the other to do the dirty deed (again too bad his deed wasn't dirtier with a full poop bag.:yucky:) It's funny but when I'm in foreign cities I'm much more aware,I guess because of all the tourist attractions, but in my own neighborhood, not so much. A couple of years ago I heard that in NYC there were people dognapping small dogs - they'd bend down as if to pet the dog, cut the leash and run. Scared the poop out of me hearing that and I didn't even have tyler yet. Please take care of yourself and trust the little inner me radar if something even feels wrong.
Tyler says to Kitzel " Kitz, it's much maw fun meeting cewebs. De awent' afta ya mommy's stuff, but I know my mommy would have giben anyting to Paw McCatney.:blink:"

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Sandi, thank God you are alright:wub:...wow, you must have been shaken up when you realized what was happening. Perhaps Kitzel realized something was wrong before you did. The poop bag would have been a funny weapon and I'm assuming one that would have made them back off for sure. You are so lucky nothing more happened. Next time take some mace with you.

·
Premium Member
24,178 Posts
Sandi I wonder how many times God has protected without our knowing it. I just want to take a moment here and say THANK YOU LORD FOR YOUR PROTECTION OVER MY DEAR FRIEND SANDI, AND BABY KITZEL.
While we were traveling down here we stayed in motels, dh was always so mad at me because I wouldn't take the girls out in the evenings for the poo run, one night I told him I had talked to many other women and their dh would never let them take the dogs out at night. I guess I set him in his place he never ask me again:HistericalSmiley:

·
Premium Member
17,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sandi, thank God you are alright:wub:...wow, you must have been shaken up when you realized what was happening. Perhaps Kitzel realized something was wrong before you did. The poop bag would have been a funny weapon and I'm assuming one that would have made them back off for sure. You are so lucky nothing more happened. Next time take some mace with you.
Once a friend told me this story which I believe was true and reminded me of last night: Enjoy!
A lady took some shopping bags out of the back of her car---in one of them was a dead cat that she wanted to dispose of---two robbers (one was female) came, grabbed the bags and ran around the corner. In a few minutes there was a loud scream & she went around the corner to find a lady robber had fainted w/her hand in the bag! :HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley:

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Oh sandi, thank GOD praise GOD you are alright!!!

I never go out at night if I can help it...for this reason.

When I was growing up, I lived in southern California. I would often take walks by myself or with my labrador, Shadow. Well this night, Shadow was at home. Ironically I was walking right in front of my church when this hispanic man came up and put his arms around me and forced me to walk with him. Telling me in spanish something about going to his "casa". :-( I broke free from him and ran up the road. Cars were driving by and no one stopped to see if I was okay. :(

I kept running and thought he had left when all of a sudden he was beside me and pulled me into the ditch. I started screaming and kicking him and trying to jerk away. I jerked free and started running again and this time he didn't catch up.

There is all kinds of evil in this world and it seems to literally come out at night. Please be careful sweetie! Carry that pepper spray, or something (poo too lol) and please be careful! One moment can ruin the rest of your life. (thank God that guy didn't get ahold of me and rape me).

·
Premium Member
17,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh sandi, thank GOD praise GOD you are alright!!!

I never go out at night if I can help it...for this reason.

When I was growing up, I lived in southern California. I would often take walks by myself or with my labrador, Shadow. Well this night, Shadow was at home. Ironically I was walking right in front of my church when this hispanic man came up and put his arms around me and forced me to walk with him. Telling me in spanish something about going to his "casa". :-( I broke free from him and ran up the road. Cars were driving by and no one stopped to see if I was okay. :(

I kept running and thought he had left when all of a sudden he was beside me and pulled me into the ditch. I started screaming and kicking him and trying to jerk away. I jerked free and started running again and this time he didn't catch up.

There is all kinds of evil in this world and it seems to literally come out at night. Please be careful sweetie! Carry that pepper spray, or something (poo too lol) and please be careful! One moment can ruin the rest of your life. (thank God that guy didn't get ahold of me and rape me).
People think it is funny that I usually carry my stun baton w/me (for wild dog packs). I am not afraid here in Greece and often walk at night---it feels safer than the US to me----but I know no place is really totally safe! Thank you for your concern. I promise to be more careful!
Kitzi says: "I'm gonna' eat my veggies so I grow up to big & strong to protect my mommy! or maybe I will just lick the guy to death!"

1 - 18 of 18 Posts