Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
18,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just posted this on FB but wanted to share w/those who don't go there. . .

'Just returned from Kitzi's excellent cardiologist. . . he has progressed from moderate to severe though still just on this side of CHF. We have maybe 6 months (if we are lucky) before we hit that mark. The up-hill climb is just before us---new meds, etc. He is the sweetest little guy ever & we will walk this journey side by side. God has been gracious w/Lisi & we can pray that this will be true for him as well. We need wisdom & strength for one day at a time. Hold your babies tightly!

·
Premium Member
2,317 Posts
Hugs for you and Kitzel. {{{{{}}}}} It is so stressful going through things like this. But your wonderful care and your faith are the best that a little dog can have. We are here for your support whenever you need it, as you have supported and helped others. ❤

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Oh Sandi, my heart was in my throat when I saw "Kitzel and was happy to see that you posted about his condition even though it was not promising. However, everything is in Gods hands and with your strong faith. love, and care, I know that Kitzel is getting the best care that can be provided for him. I will continue to keep Kitzel, as well as Lisi and you and Dwight in my constant prayers.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Oh Sandi, I am so sorry to hear this about Kitzel, as I read your post my heart sank… I am sure Kitzel will do Everything in his power to try to make every day ok. I am sorry you must be so stressed but your strength of Love and Care and faith you are a super Star mom! I know your heart is aching and I hope Kitzel will prove the doctors wrong and give you more time. I will say lots of Prayers Everyday for you and Kitzel. I always look at the photo of what the Easter bunny brought in and your babies are just so sweet! Big Big Hugs and Kisses to You and Kitzel!! I am so sorry Sandi. Xoxo

·
Premium Member
18,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for the kindest of words & loving prayers & hopes with & for us. I was in shock yesterday as the last visit was so positive & nothing had changed since his original diagnosis (which came up suddenly). I have known since last Dec. that something was going on but could not put my finger on it. I feel better knowing even if it isn't all good news. Now I can stop looking!
BTW--he just had blood work for his up-coming dental & it could not be more perfect---so for that we are very thankful. I am also thankful that he has such a great cardiologist (she is w/the CVCA group that others have used). She is so smart. We need to start going every 6 months now instead of once a year (our normal vet had done the 6 month check up before this). Of course we will see her too as needs arise.
So for today-- I want to keep positive, keep praying for wisdom & enjoy every special moment w/the two of them. We have been immensely blessed to love & care for these little creatures.

·
Super Moderator
Walter & Casper with Lucky (forever in my heart).
10,185 Posts
Sandi,

I am sorry he is going in the wrong direction. But you know from Lisi that medical predictions are often wrong. I hope K-man's new medicines help.

Reactions: edelweiss

·
Premium Member
18,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you Walter! Yes, let's hope for the very best for our little guy. He is such a sweet one!
Dog Eye Carnivore Dog breed Companion dog

·
Registered
2 Posts

'Just returned from Kitzi's excellent cardiologist. . . he has progressed from moderate to severe though still just on this side of CHF. We have maybe 6 months (if we are lucky) before we hit that mark. The up-hill climb is just before us---new meds, etc. He is the sweetest little guy ever & we will walk this journey side by side. God has been gracious w/Lisi & we can pray that this will be true for him as well. We need wisdom & strength for one day at a time. Hold your babies tightly!
So sorry to hear this. I will say a prayer for this baby. It is so good he hads you.

·
Premium Member
4,957 Posts

Sandy I could cry for you and your family. I’m so sorry. Kitzi is the sweetest boy as you said. I will keep him in my daily prayers. Sending hugs and love too. 🙏🏻🙏🏻🤗🤗🙏🏻🤗🙏🏻🙏🏻❤❤🙏🏻🙏🏻🤗

·
Registered
Bella (mom = Fahreen)
71 Posts

So sorry to hear of your news. You have been of immense support in this forum Sandi; pls know that you have many prayers and blessings coming to you daily. Stay positive, just continue to hug your fur-babies, and remember to whisper your love into
their ears everyday. Hope Kitzi does well with the new meds. God Bless you all.

·
Premium Member
18,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you ONE & ALL! The support you offer us is worth more than you know~so far so good here! We know that God is in control even when we fear what may come our way---and we know also that HE is love & will keep us & see us through whatever comes our way! Thank you again for your compassion & caring words. . . it keeps us going! We are blessed!

Reactions: mimoom and wkomorow

·
Registered
Luna
578 Posts
Sandi, I don't come here as often but I'm incredibly sorry to read this. I wish the best for your little one! You have my email if you ever need someone else to talk. A big hug for you!

·
Premium Member
18,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you dear Patricia! You are SO kind. I think of you often & wonder about the little one---she must be changing by the day. Can you email me an updated photo? I am still wishing I had a g-daughter! :) Of course I love my g-sons dearly as well! Some things were just "not meant to be!"
Kitzi is slowing down by the day but then we have had severely hot weather w/no rain since May. He is such a sweetheart & does not let me out of his sight. I think he realizes that things are changing. Oh that I could just stop the clock! We are so blessed to be loved by these little ones. My love to you, dear friend!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts