Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brit's Mom mentioned Texas Teacups and gave me the web address. This outfit sells Jack Russel/Chihuahua mixes as well as Chihuahua, Maltese and Maltipoos. She says a Maltese standard is 4-7 pounds and 8 inches high?

She is not listed in either USDA list, has a Toy Pet Boutique in Garland, Texas and evidently lives nearby on Lake Ray Hubbard. She could evade USDA by having less than 50 dogs I guess.

She breeds 1 1/2 pound males to 3 pound females to get the Teacups. Gads!

Anyone familiar with this outfit? Sounds hinkey to me because she never mentions any standards for purchase. You got the cash and you put the first deposit down, you get the puppy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,615 Posts
I cannot imagine, those poor little animals. She probably uses a very tiny Chi to mix with the other breeds to produce "teacups".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Originally posted by Pico's Parent@Feb 16 2005, 04:47 PM
Brit's Mom mentioned Texas Teacups and gave me the web address.  This outfit sells Jack Russel/Chihuahua mixes as well as Chihuahua, Maltese and Maltipoos.  She says a Maltese standard is 4-7 pounds and 8 inches high? 

She is not listed in either USDA list, has a Toy Pet Boutique in Garland, Texas and evidently lives nearby on Lake Ray Hubbard.  She could evade USDA by having less than 50 dogs I guess.

She breeds 1 1/2 pound males to 3 pound females to get the Teacups.  Gads!

Anyone familiar with this outfit?  Sounds hinkey to me because she never mentions any standards for purchase.  You got the cash and you put the first deposit down, you get the puppy.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=35945
[/QUOTE]

If someone is trying to sell you a "teacup" anything, ask a LOT of questions. There is no such thing as a teacup. I bet if you mention this to them, they will go right over the edge.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Pico's Parent@Feb 16 2005, 04:47 PM
Brit's Mom mentioned Texas Teacups and gave me the web address.  This outfit sells Jack Russel/Chihuahua mixes as well as Chihuahua, Maltese and Maltipoos.  She says a Maltese standard is 4-7 pounds and 8 inches high? 

She is not listed in either USDA list, has a Toy Pet Boutique in Garland, Texas and evidently lives nearby on Lake Ray Hubbard.  She could evade USDA by having less than 50 dogs I guess.

She breeds 1 1/2 pound males to 3 pound females to get the Teacups.  Gads!

Anyone familiar with this outfit?  Sounds hinkey to me because she never mentions any standards for purchase.  You got the cash and you put the first deposit down, you get the puppy.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=35945
[/QUOTE]

I assume you're asking for information only.... you're not thinking of buying one...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,005 Posts
Originally posted by Pico's Parent@Feb 16 2005, 05:47 PM
Brit's Mom mentioned Texas Teacups and gave me the web address.  This outfit sells Jack Russel/Chihuahua mixes as well as Chihuahua, Maltese and Maltipoos.  She says a Maltese standard is 4-7 pounds and 8 inches high? 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=35945
[/QUOTE]

Most people that "breed" more than one type of dog are backyard breeders or a puppy mill. Some legit breeders will have two similar breeds but most of the time it's just one breed. The other HUGE red flag is that she has "Maltipoos" and Jack Russell/Chihuahua's and since these are technically mutts no legit breeder would breed them. I wouldn't have anything to do with her. I wish you could report her, but as you said she's probably within her legal limit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really should have put more into that post........no, no, a thousand times, no, I am not thinking of purchasing from this place. It was just mentioned in another post as a puppymill in Texas and I started looking into it and found that it is in Denton, TX, looks like a puppymill, sounds like a puppymill and I believe that it is a puppymill or an irresponsible breeder. Just not on any USDA list right now.

My post was to scope out SM to see if anyone else had heard of or had dealings with them. My next trip to visit my daughter I will take a spin by there and check it out as best I can.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,659 Posts
If she sells her puppies directly to people, not to pet shops or brokers, she avoids having to be licensed with the USDA.

As the others said, advertising "teacups", selling designer dogs, all are major warnings signs to run away from this so-called breeder!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
447 Posts
Originally posted by Deanne3899@Feb 17 2005, 11:32 AM
Sounds like the Texas equivalent of DivaPup to me! Blech!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=36080
[/QUOTE]

The difference between her and divapups though is that she actually BREEDS those dogs HERSELF! Divapups is like a nationwide breeder circle, this lady has those dogs onsite. I found her when I was looking for Brit'ny.

Very scary
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
382 Posts
I live in the DFW metropex and have heard of the place you have mentioned. It's not a good place. There are several places in the metroplex and surrounding area that people need to stay far away from. Bowie Trade Days, Canton, Traders Village in Grand Prairie (any flea market type puppy dealer, not to mention Gumwood, Jeff Dane & Brushy Creek to name a few.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was planning to scope the place out on my next visit to my daughter who lives in Little Elm, with the idea of siccing the USDA on it if I saw anything amiss but I am definitely not even remotely considering buying from her. The name itself tells me all I need to know to be negative about this operation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
568 Posts
I would away from anyone that sales "teacup" any thing.There is NO such thing as a teacup dog.Those poor dogs suffer from all types of problems.There are many good breeders in the state of Texas none of which sell teacups or mixed anything.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
Actually, I live about half a mile down the road from this woman, here in Heath, TX. I've heard about her for years, and I understand that she's sold dogs to celebs like Jessica Simpson and Paris Hilton.

I've never been to her place, but I knew a person who worked for her, cleaning the outdoor kennels. He said she was a not very nice woman, but she was very particular and fussy over her dogs.

NOT that i'm defending her in any way, but I am pretty sure she's not a puppy miller... more of a BYB.

Since I'm so close to her anyway, should I go scope it out and report my findings? I'm on spring break this week, and am so close, I could literally walk to her house.

Somebody mentioned a mill in Denton, Tx. Oddly enough, I go to school up there (UNT). I could check that one out, too, if anyone had any more information on where it's located.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,248 Posts
Originally posted by stini@Mar 12 2005, 10:24 PM
Actually, I live about half a mile down the road from this woman, here in Heath, TX.  I've heard about her for years, and I understand that she's sold dogs to celebs like Jessica Simpson and Paris Hilton. 

I've never been to her place, but I knew a person who worked for her, cleaning the outdoor kennels.  He said she was a not very nice woman, but she was very particular and fussy over her dogs. 

NOT that i'm defending her in any way, but I am pretty sure she's not a puppy miller... more of a BYB.

Since I'm so close to her anyway, should I go scope it out and report my findings?  I'm on spring break this week, and am so close, I could literally walk to her house.

Somebody mentioned a mill in Denton, Tx.  Oddly enough, I go to school up there (UNT).  I could check that one out, too, if anyone had any more information on where it's located.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=42748
[/QUOTE]


I dont know if you guys are talking about the same person but I was looking into purchasing a puppy from a place called Mineola, TX called PuppiePoos ..the same place that Jessica Simpson got her dog from (this is not the reason i was looking into this place but found it interesting and thought that if the dog was ok for jessica simpson then it would be ok for me) ...but anyway i was wondering if youo guys were talking about the same place or not? does it have 2 names maybe? the one i was looking into has malteses and "maltipoos". any info would be helpful thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,005 Posts
Steer clear of this place. Even if it's not the same place, anyone who advertises "maltapoos" is not a reputable breeder but a broker or a puppy mill. There is no such thing as a "maltapoo", it's a mutt and you shouldn't be charged an arm and a leg for a mutt. Not to mention all the other bad things about brokers and puppy mills.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by NewMom328@Apr 18 2005, 05:03 PM
I dont know if you guys are talking about the same person but I was looking into purchasing a puppy from a place called Mineola, TX called PuppiePoos ..the same place that Jessica Simpson got her dog from (this is not the reason i was looking into this place but found it interesting and thought that if the dog was ok for jessica simpson then it would be ok for me) ...but anyway i was wondering if youo guys were talking about the same place or not? does it have 2 names maybe? the one i was looking into has malteses and "maltipoos".  any info would be helpful thanks.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=53837
[/QUOTE]

Just an FYI.... seems like a lot of us here on SM have noticed that celebrities seem to pick the very worst places to purchase their dogs....i.e., pet stores, puppymills, and the like.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,895 Posts
Lots of famous people have purchased from them. Here's the whole gallery: http://texasteacups.smugmug.com/gallery/160766.

Among them are Jessica Simpson, Paris Hilton, Michelle Kwan (skater), Kelly Cooper, the osbourns...

Most reputable breeders will not sell to famous people especially ones that are so busy and lack the time to give to the little ones.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
okay, so I had to check out the website and I know they are "mutts" but those black maltese poodle mixes are sooooooooo cute! I love my Maltese for his temperment, personality, etc and he's just the cutest thing. But if Maltese came in multiple color choices like they may have in the 1600s, I think I'd choose something other than pure white, since for my lifestyle it's almost NEVER white-- dirty white, off white, greenie white, and yes I did just stick my head the back of the toilet area mom dingy white.
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Top