Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi sorry to ask but since there is alot of knowledgable people here, I was wondering if anyone knows about Scruffy's Maltese in Phelan, CA.? I found her on the AMA list too; shes a little over 3 hrs. away from me. Thank you in advance!!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by snoopychan@Dec 23 2004, 07:41 PM
Hi sorry to ask but since there is alot of knowledgable people here, I was wondering if anyone knows about Scruffy's Maltese in Phelan, CA.? I found her on the AMA list too; shes a little over 3 hrs. away from me. Thank you in advance!!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=25200
[/QUOTE]

Not familiar with Scruffy's but be sure to ask where the sire and dam came from...check out their pedigrees.... A lot of breeders I looked at when I was looking did not have good info on their sires and dams... to me that is very important....

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom+Dec 23 2004, 08:01 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-snoopychan
@Dec 23 2004, 07:41 PM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=25200
Not familiar with Scruffy's but be sure to ask where the sire and dam came from...check out their pedigrees.... A lot of breeders I looked at when I was looking did not have good info on their sires and dams... to me that is very important....
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=25203
[/B][/QUOTE]

I am pretty sure she has good pedigrees. If I remember it correctly, doesn't she own Heller's brother?

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
this is off topic: but how do you find maltese dog shows? i wanna go to one in cali. thanks

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by snoopychan@Dec 23 2004, 08:52 PM
I think its a partial page I found through a search
Scruffy's Maltese
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=25217
[/QUOTE]
She sounds wonderful! Her prices are reasonable and she is definitely not a volume breeder or anything like that. Based on what she says on her web page, she sounds like a great source for you.... I'd go see her if I were you.......

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
My mistake...I think she actually owns and bred Heller too. I should have known. Heller is a gorgeous gorgeous Maltese. One of the most beautiful. Won many many shows.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Hey there,

Yes, I think Brittany Lott got her puppy from her. I almost bought from her. She was very nice, knows her stuff, and is very professional. She gave me advice on the breeder I bought Chanel from, and helped me with some contract issues after I made the purchase. She like to help peolpe even if they don't buy from her. Brittany Lott's puppy was very cute. I like my breeder too, she has been very accpeting of my craziness and constant questions. Mine also has puppies available right now, I think, and will also have some in January.

~Elegant

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Brittany Lott's puppy is VERY cute!!!! (where has she been anyway, little worried about her... -_- )

Her prices really aren't that bad for the quality and experience she sounds like she has!!! Good luck!!!!

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I think her prices on the website is slightly out of date. One of my friends was planning to buy form her and the prices quoted was compareable to other breeders.

It's funny...every time I hear of "QUALITY not QUANTITY" .. I think of Jenny Siliski. I know this breeder is not like that..

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Originally posted by CharmyPoo@Dec 24 2004, 03:35 PM
I think her prices on the website is slightly out of date.  One of my friends was planning to buy form her and the prices quoted was compareable to other breeders.

It's funny...every time I hear of "QUALITY not QUANTITY" .. I think of Jenny Siliski.  I know this breeder is not like that..
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=25319
[/QUOTE]

My Paris is from Cindy Landry... AND I have been very very pleased. Everytime I take paris for an exam at the Vets (and I have been to several just for second opinion) they said this is a wonderful speciment of maltese. Not only does Paris not have any worms (Vet said that most of all puppies will have some worms) but his personality and knees, and structure is great for a Maltese.

Cindy Landry is great. she is very straight forward and has a lot of show experience in Yorkshire Terriers. When you go to her home, you will see a wall full of awards and ribbons. She is into Maltese too, and she does own Heller, which is my dog's grandfather.

If you do go to Cindy, tell her Mimi and Paris said hello! Ask me any questions if you like !

·
Registered
16 Posts
Originally posted by doctorcathy@Dec 23 2004, 08:49 PM
this is off topic:  but how do you find maltese dog shows? i wanna go to one in cali.  thanks

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=25216
[/QUOTE]

Cathy,

You can find the schedule for dog shows on the AKC website. For instance, there's a show sponsored by the Toy Dog Breeders Association of Southern California in Indio on Friday, January 7, 2005 (AKC Info on show). According to the judging program info at the show superintendent's site there will be twelve maltese in the standard judging as well as five in the sweepstakes...

·
Registered
942 Posts
Originally posted by Paris'Mom@Dec 26 2004, 11:58 AM
My Paris is from Cindy Landry...  AND I have been very very pleased.  Everytime I take paris for an exam at the Vets (and I have been to several just for second opinion) they said this is a wonderful speciment of maltese.  Not only does Paris not have any worms (Vet said that most of all puppies will have some worms) but his personality and knees, and structure is great for a Maltese.

Cindy Landry is great.  she is very straight forward and has a lot of show experience in Yorkshire Terriers.  When you go to her home, you will see a wall full of awards and ribbons.  She is into Maltese too, and she does own Heller, which is my dog's grandfather.

If you do go to Cindy, tell her Mimi and Paris said hello!  Ask me any questions if you like !
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=25427
[/QUOTE]
She is very straight forward. Its funny because Cindy and Martha (my breeder) are friends, and both of them are into yorkies and maltese. Interesting... :D

Oh, and when I took Chanel for her fecal exam, she didn't have any worms either.

~Elegant

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hi all!
That's me and Zoe ya'll are talking about, and YES I did get her from Scruffy's. And an exciting thing I found out from this post is that Paris is Zoe's brother!!
I love her little personality and the way that she looks and she was SO easy to train. Cindy was also extremely helpful.
However, we have had to deal with a heart murmur
Zoe has a hole in her heart and at first it completely prevented us from spaying her at all because she couldn't go under anesthesia until her heart was checked out.
We had to take her to a vetrinary cardiologist 2 hours away to get an echocardiogram. He's fairly sure she'll end up okay, but she has to go back once she is a year old to see if she'll be okay her whole life.
Cindy has contacted me about this and said she'll honor the contract (but there's no WAY I could give back Zoe to get a dog with a perfect heart....no WAY!) I don't blame the breeder and she said that she will look into seeing if her heart prob was genetic so that she can change her breeding regimen if need be...so it's not like she's brushing me off or anything.
All in all, Cindy is a very good breeder.
How could I not love Zoe to pieces....?
[/IMG][/IMG]

1 - 20 of 44 Posts