Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hvae been giving Naddie a treat filled Kong when leaving her . I had been using dry treats till this Tuesday and decided I'd try the peanut butter which I have read some use. we'll it DID intrigue her moer than the dry but she only was able to get 'some of the peanut butter out.. the rest is still deep into the "cavity". I tried as best I could to scrape it our and have it soaking in hot water to "melt the remainder.
For those who use peanutbutter or other 'gooey' treat inside the Kong.. do you have an easier method of cleaning them? Maybe I put it too "deep" inside
....I don't cherish having to do this each and very time I put it out for her LOL.
Appreciate any tips!!!

Terry, Angel Missy and Naddie

·
Registered
17,045 Posts
Terri, I would try the dishwasher. Sassy has the Kong with the Floss rope through the center. Although I have never put treats inside of it, I have washed it in the washing machine.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by LadysMom@Nov 3 2005, 09:26 AM
I gave up on the Kong years ago for just that reason. The toy that I love is the Busy Buddy Twist and Treat. It unscrews to clean and is dishwasher safe. They can also push it around so it is a fun game. Their Groove Thing would be great with peanut butter.

http://www.busybuddytoys.com/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=2
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=116228
[/QUOTE]
Marj, I can't thank you enough for recmmending the Busy Buddy a while back. I got one for K & C and they love it. In fact, I had to buy 8 of them because Kallie keeps hiding hers and I can't easily find them. It's so funny to be cleaning and there will be one under the coffee table, behind a pillow, etc.

For Catcher I have to close it up really tightly and magically he gets all of the kibble out of it. Kallie just doesn't quite "get it" so I leave her's sort of opened up.

What I do is feed them 3/4 of their meal and then put the rest in the Busy Buddy for dessert.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
It is amazing how anything in the Busy Buddy becomes a treat! I cut up thawed frozen green beans for Lady's Twist & Treat and she acts like it is the greatest treat in the world. I have put it, her kibble and a Greenie on the floor at the same time just to see what she does and she goes to her Twist & Treat every time!

Hers would never get lost, though. If it gets stuck under something, she will stand there and bark at it until I fish it out for her!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I had to give up the busy buddy because it would lose pieces around the house and once I found ants on a stray piece, it had to go
but, the groovy stick is perfect because she has to chew each piece out as she wants it. She LOVES it. As soon as she sees me filling it with her food she does the happy dance

Groovy stick

We have the small red one. Maybe the peanut butter one would work for Naddie.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Although Tucker licks his Kong clean and doesn't leave a speck of PB, I still wash it in the dishwasher occasionally, just to clean it. Sometimes after rolling it all over the floor, it gets a little dirty. The paper that came with it recommended washing in the dishwasher.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I usually throw them in the dishwasher. I like to use the spray in peanut butter that Kong makes. It is not as sticky as real peanut butter and the dogs usually get all of it out. Lately though they couldn't care less about the Kongs. Tuffy never liked them much because he doesn't like rubber toys and Pixie has lost interest. Their new favorite thing is this rolling treat ball I bought. It's like the twist and treat but it rolls. It's called the Treatsie Ball. Here's a link:

http://www.kingwholesale.com/Shopping/itemlist.cfm?id=5898

1 - 12 of 12 Posts