Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
I do.
Well, Tiki does

Just today I put two small treats in the hole and then filled it with peanut butter! Tiki just loves it.

I have also stuffed an ice cube (the long think ones that come out of an ice maker) --- lots of fun.

This is a link with some ideas: How to use a kong!

If you do a search with google (or another search engine) you will get an awful lot of information.

Judi

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i'm sure the people who invented the kong are "banking". i already bought 3!! but yeah, the site gives you a bunch of recipes to use. i use plain peanut butter with treats all hidden inside.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Peanut butter is king in the kong! Pico gets sooooo excited when I bring out the kong. I do it to alleviate my guilt at leaving him home while I go gallivanting all over town.....................

He races to his bed and just trembles with excitement until I get it loaded and give it to him. I don't think he even hears me leave!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
do you freeze the peanut butter or do you give it to him just regular? my malts wait till gruffi warms up the peanut butter and they take the kong away from him. lol. they only get it when we have visitors (which doesnt happen often) but its great!!

·
Registered
831 Posts
I give mine regular (temp) peanut butter.....do you freeze in with the kong?

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
yeah, i fill the kong with peanut butter on one side---add treats more peanut butter, popcorn, peanut butter, and then whatever i think is ok that i find in the house---and i freeze. so there's layers and stuff. and it lasts a little longer. the kong website has a lot more recipes. like banana and other flavors. and i think they freeze it too.

http://www.kongcompany.com/how2use.html

i tried looking for more recipes--but all other sites just copied the kong site.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts