Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that Poppy has matured some, I have been trying to get him used to just hanging out in the bag. :thumbsup:

Last night he was sitting in it, then I look over and he's asleep in it. :wub:

I'm on the phone and look over and he is chewing on it ... I go over to him, and had chewed the zipper (it's plastic), and now it won't zip closed at all. :blink:

So, should I just try and take it like to a shoe repair place and see if they can possibly replace the zipper? (The zipper is not just an easy out/easy in ... it's secured at both ends, within the purse.)

Or, should I try and contact Rob and see if the manufacturer could replace the zipper for me?

Little monster has been costing me a lot lately ... me thinks he might have to go get a job!!! :innocent:

HUGz! Jules

·
Membership Suspended
2,839 Posts
Try a shoe repair place first. If the person you speak to doesn't sound very confident, or sounds over confident then go to plane "B" Rob.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Hi, did Poppy chew the teeth of the zipper of it just won't close. If it won't close try rubbing a wax candle down the zipper that will lubricate it to close. If the teeth are just bent try straightening it with your hands and then wax it. Which bag is it I have a Kwiggy Bo and they are well built compared to alot out there. Or PM me. Hope it works. Lyn

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, did Poppy chew the teeth of the zipper of it just won't close. If it won't close try rubbing a wax candle down the zipper that will lubricate it to close. If the teeth are just bent try straightening it with your hands and then wax it. Which bag is it I have a Kwiggy Bo and they are well built compared to alot out there. Or PM me. Hope it works. Lyn
No, he destroyed the zipper. It is pulled out .. there is no putting it back into something that looks like a zipper. :huh:

I can't think of the name of it right now ... I'll go look and see if I can find it.

HUGz! Jules

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The one I have is the Alex Bag- Gunmetal Snake.

HUGz! Jules

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took the bag down to a shoe repair place and met the most wonderful guy named Michael. He is going to do the repair for $20. :thumbsup:

I asked why in the world would they put a plastic zipper in the thing ... and he said, (his words not mine) "Because it is one the cheapest bags I've ever seen." :blink:

Anyhoo, the bag will be ready tomorrow and I'll be taking it to Vegas.

HUGz! Jules

·
Premium Member
5,461 Posts
I took the bag down to a shoe repair place and met the most wonderful guy named Michael. He is going to do the repair for $20. :thumbsup:

I asked why in the world would they put a plastic zipper in the thing ... and he said, (his words not mine) "Because it is one the cheapest bags I've ever seen." :blink:

Anyhoo, the bag will be ready tomorrow and I'll be taking it to Vegas.

HUGz! Jules
Kwigy bo bags are pretty expensive - I was gonna get one but now think I'm gonna look else where!

·
Premium Member
2,673 Posts
They are not made that great however it is the best to run into a store and close our little darlings into and have the no one knows thats its a dog bag:thumbsup:I have the Alex Luxe black Patent.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I am glad you were able to fix your bag. I was a bit miffed about what the shoe repair guy said though!

·
Registered
590 Posts
Thats weird I have 2 Kwiggy Bo and its zippers are pretty solid and the bags are well made. Mine are the material ones, not the pvc. Plus they are the only bag that is completely enclosed so know one knows you have a dog. Its great when they are sleeping...lol

Kwiggy bags are great...I am going to buy some more...he he

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just updating: with the bag fixed, we took it to Vegas with us. Poppy got right in and settled down. :thumbsup:

The thing I learned real quick though was not to trust the side pockets with my valuables. Every time I looked, the twist-latch had turned and the pockets were open. :blink:

HUGz! Jules

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
They are not made that great however it is the best to run into a store and close our little darlings into and have the no one knows thats its a dog bag:thumbsup:I have the Alex Luxe black Patent.
Could I see a picture of your patent one? Im still debating which one to get. Also is the inside of the KB bags the same?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I have a brown quilted Kwiggy Bo and I love it. Trixie will crawl in it if it is laying out. Maggie is ok with it and Whisper is not sure at all about it yet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts