Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom@Jul 21 2005, 07:30 AM
Joe, it is beautiful but I wonder what makes it a "man's necklace". Couldn't a woman wear it, also?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=83260
[/QUOTE]

its a rope chain so yes women do/can wear them, i think womens are usually smaller than 21" but it would look great on anybody in my opinion

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by Elegant@Jul 21 2005, 10:57 PM
Hey Joe?  Why is the shipping $45?  That's alot...I think

~Elegant
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=83516
[/QUOTE]

its shipping and handling but its express (overnight), with signature confirmation and 500.00 worth of insurance

also I weighed it today at the post office, its 15 grams (alot of rope chains are only 9-10 grams) , so at current gold prices its worth about 199.00 if it was just a chunk

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Joe@Jul 26 2005, 08:06 PM
didnt sell so I am trying again with a lower starting price

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=5017835005
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=84792
[/QUOTE]

Joe, I think the shipping charge is what is keeping people from buying. The shipping is 50% of the starting price. I realize it is next day air but that is just a lot of money for shipping.... especially something very small. I think you'd do better to add a little more to the price and lower the shipping to no more than $10.95. Just my .02.

·
Registered
942 Posts
I agree with the shipping charge being too high. If you send it priority thru USPS and insure it, it should be fine that way. Is there a specific reason why you want to send it express? And I think if you left the price alone and changed the shipping option, you would do fine.

~Elegant

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom@Jul 26 2005, 08:16 PM
. I think you'd do better to add a little more to the price and lower the shipping to no more than $10.95. Just my .02.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=84798
[/QUOTE]

I might have to try something different, its the insurance I am offering I think, because I figured up actual shipping (using a VA to CA zip code to cover myself) and it is is almost 30.00

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Joe+Jul 26 2005, 08:46 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Kallie/Catcher's Mom
@Jul 26 2005, 08:16 PM
. I think you'd do better to add a little more to the price and lower the shipping to no more than $10.95. Just my .02.
I might have to try something different, its the insurance I am offering I think, because I figured up actual shipping (using a VA to CA zip code to cover myself) and it is is almost 30.00
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=84807
[/B][/QUOTE]

Could you offer two rates/methods and let the customer choose? Insurance should just be the amount for which it has sold. $500 seems like too much insurance unless you think it'll sell for $500.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom@Jul 26 2005, 08:50 PM
$500 seems like too much insurance unless you think it'll sell for $500.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=84810
[/QUOTE]

i was trying to insure it for what its worth but I should be thinking sale value I guess, based on current gold prices the gold in it is worth over 200.00 so I figured a buyer would be intersted in insurance, maybe I should check pawn shops? like Elegant suggested I may change it to priority also

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i changed it to priority, 250.00 insurance for 15.95, lets see what happens

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by Joe+Jul 26 2005, 07:46 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Kallie/Catcher's Mom
@Jul 26 2005, 08:16 PM
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=84807
[/B][/QUOTE]
I've seen a couple of things on ebay that offer "free shipping" but the shipping has actually just been added to the cost of the product.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by scrappy@Jul 27 2005, 07:02 AM
Loved the necklace just checked it out on ebay but I am disappointed shipping is only within the US 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=84876
[/QUOTE]

I know, I have tried the international thing before and alot of times it caused more headache than not, heres a list of things the USPS wont let you ship to Australia

Country Conditions for Mailing - Australia
Prohibitions (130)

Coins; bank notes; currency notes (paper money); securities of any kind payable to bearer; traveler's checks; platinum, gold, and silver (manufactured or not); precious stones; jewelry; and other valuable articles are prohibited.[/B]

1 - 20 of 25 Posts