Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello SM family!

I'm coming with a question for you.

I just got back from the emergency night vet trip as my lovely Cashmere has eaten some dark chocolate. 😱😱😱 They induced vomiting and I hope everything will be alright, but to kind of take my mind off dark scenarios, I try to focus on her upcoming spay.

On the spot, while being at at the clinic, I finally decided to schedule her castration for next Monday. I've alway thought I'm going to do a laparoscopic spay. The vet, however, told me that he prefers to do a traditional surgery because she is almost 7 years old and her uterus may be already changed by her heats.
Is it something you have heard before? Should I seek a second opinion? I would really prefer to avoid scarring and invasiveness of traditional cut, since I have the opportunity of having a clinic that offers laparoscopy. 🤔

Photo of Cashmere being cute just for attention. ;)
20200219_092650.jpg

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just to follow up, if anybody is interested - Cashmere had a traditional spay on Monday. So far she's doing well and yesterday on her check up the vet said that the incision was healing fine. I'm only worried that she's going to pull her stitches, because I have a hard time trying to keep her from running, jumping and being her energetic self. She's bored, and she doesn't do well with boredom. Also, she doesn't like the smell and the noise of the antiseptic spray, so cleaning her wound without her becoming wiggly is also a challange.
I'm not sure how I'll manage to keep her calm until she heals. This is one of the reasons I wanted a laparoscopic spay, to keep the recovery time to minimum. But well, I had to trust the vet's opinion.
Wish me strength. ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts