Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

My vet offers neutering by laser surgery. They say that it minimizes bleeding, as well as pain, thus making for a quicker recovery. I was just wondering if anyone had their puppies lasered, if they'd recommend it, if it was worth it, etc. Or, has anyone heard anything on the subject? If anyone is curious, the laser surgery is offered at an additional $85 to the price of the neuter.

-Mal&Chilly-

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Originally posted by LadysMom@Sep 12 2005, 02:54 PM
Here is their website:

http://www.neutersol.com/Why%20Neuter.htm

It sounds like it is pretty effective as far as sterilization goes, but since the testicles aren't removed, male dogs still produce testosterone. As a result, you don't get the health benefits of surgical neutering (decreased risk of cancer) and elimination of the "objectionable" male dog behavior like marking.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=98849
[/QUOTE]

I may be wrong, but I think what you posted above is an injection. It's not the same as the laser surgery.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Laser surgery is the exact same procedure as "regular" neutering with all the same benefits, but it is done with a laser thus there is less bleeding and less pain. Both Kallie and Catcher had laser surgery and they did so well. I recall reading here on SM about how "out of it" and in pain everyone's babies were after neutering but K & C were in great shape and it didn't "hit" me until later that it must have been due to the laser surgery. The only downside for me was that my vet uses both inner and outer stitches and with laser the stitches had to stay in a full two weeks.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by LucyLou+Sep 12 2005, 04:00 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-LadysMom
@Sep 12 2005, 02:54 PM
Here is their website:

http://www.neutersol.com/Why%20Neuter.htm

It sounds like it is pretty effective as far as sterilization goes, but since the testicles aren't removed, male dogs still produce testosterone. As a result, you don't get the health benefits of surgical neutering (decreased risk of cancer) and elimination of the "objectionable" male dog behavior like marking.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=98849

I may be wrong, but I think what you posted above is an injection. It's not the same as the laser surgery.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=98855
[/B][/QUOTE]

You are correct. The link is not about laser surgery.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Bijou had laser surgery last month for his neutering and undestended testicle. He did fine and I would have it done again if I had to choose between regular surgery and laser. Feel free to PM if you have any questions.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Sep 12 2005, 03:08 PM
Here is a webpage about it.  WARNING THERE ARE PICTURES!!! Dog Neuter
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=98862
[/QUOTE]

OMG I cant believe people put fake testicles in their dogs after they get neutered!!!! I've never heard of that before...wow...I think the dogs look better without them..but whatever floats people's boats!!!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by NewMom328+Sep 12 2005, 07:14 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Lexi's Mom
@Sep 12 2005, 03:08 PM

OMG I cant believe people put fake testicles in their dogs after they get neutered!!!! I've never heard of that before...wow...I think the dogs look better without them..but whatever floats people's boats!!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=98947
[/B][/QUOTE]

Is that what they were doing on that web site??? Oh gosh.... !!

I'm not sure what that has to do with laser neutering and why it was with that info, as it could be very confusing to clients seeing it.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by NewMom328+Sep 12 2005, 06:14 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Lexi's Mom
@Sep 12 2005, 03:08 PM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=98947
[/B][/QUOTE]
WHAT?!?! Guess I didn't pay close enough attention to the site.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts