Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, Aolani will be getting his second haircut ever this weekend in time for his 1st birthday next Friday yay! Well, we wanted to share some few pics of him that we took last night with his shaggy look. Enjoy!

"This is me with my shaggy locks"

"Wait ma, I think there's something on my nose"

"Let me get that"

"Okay, mommy, can we play now?"

Edith: "Nice beg Aolani. Now just beg one more time"

"Okay, but only for you mommy"

"I don't think I can hold it anymore. I need to work my abs out a little more"

"What? I thought we were done and I kinda wanna play now"

Edith: "Yes, Aolani we will play in a bit. Let's just show everyone how nicely you can hold your chew toy on your snout"

"Okay, okay"

"Are we done yet?"

"Why didn't you take the flash off in the first place ma?"

"Can I play now?"

"FINALLY! Play time! I've waited for you all my life chew toy"

Thanks for looking :)

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
How old is he now? He's adorable!!!! His hair looks about as long as our pups (6 months) and I am contemplating a summer cut. Wanted to keep the pretty long hair, but they get so hot running around outside (and we live in the desert).

Does anyone have a pic of a cut but not shorn puppy cut that they could share? I think it's good to take a pic with you to the groomers so they know exactly what you want (since last time I didn't, they shaved their FACES :p and left everything else long...weird and I was p.o.'d)

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Aolani is just the cutest thing:wub::wub:I love the photos and your captions. What a smart sweet boy he is. So, what is the name Aolani? Does it have a meaning...very different and pretty.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How old is he now? He's adorable!!!! His hair looks about as long as our pups (6 months) and I am contemplating a summer cut. Wanted to keep the pretty long hair, but they get so hot running around outside (and we live in the desert).

Does anyone have a pic of a cut but not shorn puppy cut that they could share? I think it's good to take a pic with you to the groomers so they know exactly what you want (since last time I didn't, they shaved their FACES :p and left everything else long...weird and I was p.o.'d)

Thank you everyone for your sweet comments.

Eileen - Aolani is 11.90 months old now. He'll be a year old next Friday! He had a haircut last August and then when he got neutured they cut the hair around his legs a bit. My former vet also loved to clip Aolani's hair around his eyes when I woudl take him so, yes, it would have been llonger now.

I, too, am cutting his hair for the summer becuase he loves to go outside and play a lot so this would be more comfortable for him. I already have a look in mind. I love the cut Crystal has on her Jett and Zoe so I will share a pic of them along with instructions to the groomer. Yeah, pretty weird that they would cut the hair off the face and leave everything else long and I would have been p.o.d too.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Aolani is just the cutest thing:wub::wub:I love the photos and your captions. What a smart sweet boy he is. So, what is the name Aolani? Does it have a meaning...very different and pretty.
Thank you Susan. Aolani means Heavenly Cloud in Hawaiian. Hawaii is a place I've always wanted to visit because it seems so peaceful there. I also knew a little girl that would always come visit me at work named Kailani. I found out her name means water from heaven. Lani means heaven or sky. So that got me to thinking of a hawaiian name when I first started looking for a maltese. I figured these adorable little fluffs look like clouds so I looked into it and the name Aolani came up. Loved it immediately and when i first saw Aolani I thoguth it fit him perfectly. The rest is history and it turns out he's not as peaceful as my vision of Hawaii - must be because he's a teenager now LOL, but he always seems to crack me up and put a smile on my face :)

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
AWWWWWWWWWWWH complete CUTIE !!! love that face and that "sit pretty" he does.. toooooo CUTE. Will you post some pictures of him after his hair cut too? oh I would love to see them

hugs
Kat

Thank you Kat and yes, I will definately post after pics. I hope the groomer does a good job and follows instructions - the pressure is on!

·
Registered
4,140 Posts

We live in Phoenix, actually a little bit north of it. I didn't know they get hot with their fur long...I somehow thought keeping the hair long would keep them cooler? Haven't been through a summer yet with my little boy...How much outside time he's going to want has me thinking of us in the pool and him in the house, that would be sad. LOVED ALL YOUR ADORABLE PICS! I am curious to see how he looks in his new haircut. Rocky is getting his first groomer cut on Monday. I'm a little nervous about it...I'm a new mama, LOL.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
We live in Phoenix, actually a little bit north of it. I didn't know they get hot with their fur long...I somehow thought keeping the hair long would keep them cooler? Haven't been through a summer yet with my little boy...How much outside time he's going to want has me thinking of us in the pool and him in the house, that would be sad. LOVED ALL YOUR ADORABLE PICS! I am curious to see how he looks in his new haircut. Rocky is getting his first groomer cut on Monday. I'm a little nervous about it...I'm a new mama, LOL.

The long fur makes them hotter...it's like wearing a fur coat. It protects from sunburn though, but I find that mine are more comfortable in the summer with shorter hair and I just watch for sun exposure. You can tell that they get overheated from teh fur because they start to pant before too long and then lay down on the tile to try to cool off. Pip, who has a more shorn puppy cut (since her hair has a wave to it which makes her just look fat when it grows out :p) stays much cooler much longer than the little ones with the longer hair. Please share Rocky's cut...he's a cutie for sure!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts