Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my 8wk old puppy and not all her baby teeth are in. I'm wondering if this has been an issue with your dog? Did they come in okay did your pup need oral surgery to fix this?

·
Super Moderator
10,396 Posts
This is why toy breeds should stay with the litter until at least 12 weeks of age. theres nothing wrong with your puppy; your breeder was irresponsible. I’m sorry to be that blunt but no ethical breeder of toy breeds would let a puppy go under these circumstances.

check with your vet to determine what special care needs to be provided. Wishing you and your pup all the best.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is why toy breeds should stay with the litter until at least 12 weeks of age. theres nothing wrong with your puppy; your breeder was irresponsible. I’m sorry to be that blunt but no ethical breeder of toy breeds would let a puppy go under these circumstances.

check with your vet to determine what special care needs to be provided. Wishing you and your pup all the best.
Yes I know that is the akc reccomendation. The breeder said she finds her dogs do better when homed at 8wks. We have a vet appt tomorrow and I'll discuss with him but i just wanted to hear from others that may have went through this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just wanted to update this incase anyone weeks looks vet was not concered as teeth were present under the gum line. She within the past few days most of them have come up and are looking good. I have a feeling she may have still been nursing on mom a bunch.

·
Super Moderator
10,396 Posts
Just wanted to update this incase anyone weeks looks vet was not concered as teeth were present under the gum line. She within the past few days most of them have come up and are looking good. I have a feeling she may have still been nursing on mom a bunch.
Glad to hear - and this is why the American Maltese Association code of breeder ethics requires puppies be a minimum of 12 weeks old before leaving the litter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts