Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Everyone!
My question is concerning the top knot. I've heard that we need to change the rubber (latex) band every-single-day. If we use a paper (the ones to wrap the Maltese hair) underneath the band - as in, the rubber band on top of the paper - could we leave it on for longer? Days? Or should we still change the bands daily?

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
This is what works for me in caring for Abellas long coat:
I only use the latex bands when "we" are going out or company is coming. I never let Abella go to bed with a latex band in her hair. On a daily basis I use the small hair colored kids scrunchies. I find the scrunchies cause less breakage on Abellas long pig tails or top knot. When I do Abellas daily grooming I remove all hair decor so I can do a good thorough brushing - matts can develop under the bands/scrunchies.... matts only get larger when ignored and need to be dealt with on a daily basis.....especially with long hair.

IMG_9727.jpg

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is what works for me in caring for Abellas long coat:
I only use the latex bands when "we" are going out or company is coming. I never let Abella go to bed with a latex band in her hair. On a daily basis I use the small hair colored kids scrunchies. I find the scrunchies cause less breakage on Abellas long pig tails or top knot. When I do Abellas daily grooming I remove all hair decor so I can do a good thorough brushing - matts can develop under the bands/scrunchies.... matts only get larger when ignored and need to be dealt with on a daily basis.....especially
:) Thank you very much for that information!!! By the way, Abella is looking gorgeous in that picture!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts